Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 EP Off road track at Segar RD gathering/intro

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by icefoxy01
Wow...didn't realize there was a race going on...maybe if you were running a buggy it would have made a difference? Then again, maybe not...
nope,we arent racing,was chasing a e firestorm and a associated buggy with my MT,somehow my racing instincts took over,pushed my bullet to overtake the firestorm,some moments the bullet was two wheeling around the bends,a few laps later finally overtook the buggy and was in the lead for 1 lap until crash... I dont really like buggies btw,i still like stadium trucks and monster trucks...maybe one day more people buy MTs than we open a new race MT racing class hehehe...more exciting cos MT harder to control at high speeds and due to having higher CG.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow...didn't realize there was a race going on...maybe if you were running a buggy it would have made a difference? Then again, maybe not...
There probably wasn't any racing, B4 and FS 10T were 2WDs.

B4 was testing setup and also messing around with a cracked front tower, while the FS was trying out crap old Hobbyking ESC which was cutting out over jumps and glitches quite a bit.

-------------------------------------
Siam'ing speeding time bombs is an art.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ndrew
nope,we arent racing,was chasing a e firestorm and a associated buggy with my MT,somehow my racing instincts took over,pushed my bullet to overtake the firestorm,some moments the bullet was two wheeling around the bends,a few laps later finally overtook the buggy and was in the lead for 1 lap until crash... I dont really like buggies btw,i still like stadium trucks and monster trucks...maybe one day more people buy MTs than we open a new race MT racing class hehehe...more exciting cos MT harder to control at high speeds and due to having higher CG.
seem exciting enough thou...........
Old 01-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

My bullet drives so well,i find myself dumping my lipo packs faster than everyone else,who seem to be spending more time crashing their cars from bad jump landings(grins at aspiremaniac)getting the urge to invest on a 5th lipo pack sooner or later...heard he just got a sledgehammer monster truck,hopefully as badass as a savage X,cant wait to test drive it!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mmmm...not racing but pushing racing instincts to the fore...when apparently there was no racing intended...ok

Since you love ST's and MT's, why don't you try the new 22T or go up to SCT. I'm sure since you love the thrill of control at high speeds they'd suit you, since at high speeds minor control input could lead to crashes, if what i've observed the last few runs wasn't a fluke.

Suzukee, correct me if i'm wrong here since I'm a noob with less years of experience than a lot of you guys, but aren't MT's naturally high CG? I always thought that MT's were like the king of the display class, you hop them up realllly nicely then run relaxed runs with 'em. And aren't the gear ratios for MT not really set-up for high speeds due to the greater weight and cg, etc? Didn't realize you could race MT's, unless you count car crushing and jumping 'races' like you see on Monster Wars
Old 01-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

My bullet drives so well,i find myself dumping my lipo packs faster than everyone else,who seem to be spending more time crashing their cars from bad jump landings(grins at aspiremaniac)getting the urge to invest on a 5th lipo pack sooner or later...heard he just got a sledgehammer monster truck,hopefully as badass as a savage X,cant wait to test drive it!
Oh is that so? I didn't realize that lipo pack dumping directly correlated with crashing. Always thought it was a matter of gear ratio + battery capacity + motor Kv.

Could have sworn that Aspire took some of the jumps quite smoothly though, since he wasn't as familiar as some of the rest of us. Well, at least he didn't crash his Hyper through the wooden ramp or anything, that would really have made his battery dump faster, if what you said holds
Old 01-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Another Segar regular here,driving a bullet MT,a monster truck but i set it up to handle like a stadium truck. Names Andrew btw.

HI i drive the same car as u.. can u roughly teach me about this car?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Suzukee

B4 was testing setup and also messing around with a cracked front tower, while the FS was trying out crap old Hobbyking ESC which was cutting out over jumps and glitches quite a bit.

-------------------------------------
Siam'ing speeding time bombs is an art.
Waaaahahaha ! I was at the track . What i see is the two 2WD buggy trying to stay way from the Bumper Car .

Chia Cheow Han
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Suzukee like ur Signature very very much .Waahahaha

Siam'ing Speeding Time Bombs Is An Art

chia cheow han
Old 01-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Oh is that so? I didn't realize that lipo pack dumping directly correlated with crashing. Always thought it was a matter of gear ratio + battery capacity + motor Kv.

Could have sworn that Aspire took some of the jumps quite smoothly though, since he wasn't as familiar as some of the rest of us. Well, at least he didn't crash his Hyper through the wooden ramp or anything, that would really have made his battery dump faster, if what you said holds

Well said! Now, something that makes sense to me
Old 01-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Suzukee

Originally Posted by han2766
Waaaahahaha ! I was at the track . What i see is the two 2WD buggy trying to stay way from the Bumper Car .

Chia Cheow Han

Sounds like this is the actual situation that was happening based on these 2 witnesses account! Interesting story.. Can't wait to see how brilliant this MT runs! Maybe we could learn a few racing tricks from this pro driver..
Old 01-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

conclusion.......racing together, leading by a lap and those who are trying to avoid a collision is a two different thing.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Aspire was struggling with his jumps at the start...his truck kept nose diving and flipping if u guys haven observed when he was there around early afternoon 1pm+...until i guided him on how to keep his throttle trigger position at 50% during ramp jumping...he was able to get the hang of it quickly and his ramp jumps were smoother...If u guys want to see my bullet MT in action do drop by segar....kekekke

@icefoxy Well crashing your car more often than others can usually mean less lipo consumption,if it flips over and u have to run over to flip it back,or when u realised ur car has lost a part or two after crashing and u need to slowly scan the track for that missing part...hehehhe most of the time i was just driving on that day and my lipos apparently dump real quick lol.

The 2 buggys that chia described was most likely another run...at the U turn bend after the long straight my MT took the same turning line as the 2 buggies, nudged the 2nd buggy causing it to spin out of the track...chia was laughing the moment he saw it.

Last edited by Ndrew; 01-27-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yoggyong
Sounds like this is the actual situation that was happening based on these 2 witnesses account! Interesting story.. Can't wait to see how brilliant this MT runs! Maybe we could learn a few racing tricks from this pro driver..
Hmmmmm, some people are just too slow.... to pick up, if you know what I mean.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Aspire was struggling with his jumps at the start...his truck kept nose diving and flipping if u guys haven observed when he was there around early afternoon 1pm+...until i guided him on how to keep his throttle trigger position at 50% during ramp jumping...he was able to get the hang of it quickly and his ramp jumps were smoother...If u guys want to see my bullet MT in action do drop by segar....kekekke

@icefoxy Well crashing your car more often than others can usually mean less lipo consumption,if it flips over and u have to run over to flip it back,or when u realised ur car has lost a part or two after crashing and u need to slowly scan the track for that missing part...hehehhe most of the time i was just driving on that day and my lipos apparently dump real quick lol.

The 2 buggys that chia described was most likely another run...at the U turn bend after the long straight my MT took the same turning line as the 2 buggies, nudged the 2nd buggy causing it to spin out of the track...chia was laughing the moment he saw it.
Oh I see...so there were other buggies that day that I apparently missed. So the formula now is basically bad driving = longer lipo time. Guess this means that I'd need to crash a lot to stay on the same pace as Suzukee and the rest Last I recall, a 4000mah lipo can run a 2WD buggy abt 20 - 25 min at Segar, maybe I need a few pit stops along the way.

Hmm...holding the throttle at 50% prevents the cars from nose diving? So I guess the flux I saw a few weeks ago was at a pretty high throttle setting, seeing as how it was jumping nose high. Or was it at a lower trigger point, cos' I could have sworn the same flux was also nose-diving after hitting the ramp high. Guess the driver needed to learn from what you told Aspire huh...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.