Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Tamiya Asiacup Qualifying 2005 (singapore) >

Tamiya Asiacup Qualifying 2005 (singapore)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Asiacup Qualifying 2005 (singapore)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys,

For those who do not have the time to go test till Sat.

I've drawed a simple not to scale rough layout of the track.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Track layout.bmp (182.1 KB, 118 views)
Old 06-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default ani basic setup??

hiz..
can ani1 tat hav already tested their cars on the track please post the basic setup here as i dun hav tink to go down to the track today...thks
Old 06-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ben.C
Hi Guys,

For those who do not have the time to go test till Sat.

I've drawed a simple not to scale rough layout of the track.

Hope this helps.

Ah Ben, No use lah... with the babes around, you think all cars will drive properly??

Best advice, bring your GF or wife down then your eyes will concentrate on the car

2nd best advice, replace ball diff with gear diff as its likely your balls will go loose....
Old 07-01-2005, 01:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cat007
2nd best advice, replace ball diff with gear diff as its likely your balls will go loose....

BEST ADVICE EVER YET!!!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Better advise, bring your own race queens to distrace other drivers
Old 07-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just to let u guys know the Singapore Expo carpark charges

7am - 5pm
First two hours = $2.10
Subsequence 1/2 hr = $1.05

5pm - 2am
Per entry = $2.10

2am - 7am
Per hr = $2.10
Old 07-02-2005, 07:37 AM
zax
Tech Regular

Default yo..

forget wat i have sae...

Last edited by zax; 07-07-2005 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Go there happy happy, come back angry angry....

GT2 run 5 times and only got 2 results!! Every run have to clean all the stuff out.

If TAC next month gonna screw up again, don't ever expect to see TAC to be held locally again!
Old 07-02-2005, 07:53 AM
zax
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by $h@d0w

GT2 run 5 times and only got 2 results!! Every run have to clean all the stuff out.

If TAC next month gonna screw up again, don't ever expect to see TAC to be held locally again!
wat is the problem with the computer?? why GT2 run so many rounds??
Old 07-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by zax
WA LIAO a...The expo carpet track just like kana sai...so many fur cock up at the car..We need to waste time to take out the fur...And the fur so strong tat spolit my ball bearing...now i need to change new ball bearing... waste of money and time..
Well Zax the carpet was selected by the Tamiya themselves. Stargek just decided to let the local players get a taste of the carpet before the finals.I am sure they will feedback this to Tamiya upon the race completion.However i do find it strange that if they had not done this i believe u would have blamed them for not letting u guys test first.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by $h@d0w

Sigh.....if no race complain....got race also complain. No one can guarantee the full stability of a window operating system. The system that stargek used is no exception.I believe they have replaced the laptop and you should see the end of the transponder errors.

Here is a suggestion "fustration is self inflicted" perhaps a little tolerance and some constructive feedback could go a long way to help make the event better.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by viper1
Sigh.....if no race complain....got race also complain. No one can guarantee the full stability of a window operating system. The system that stargek used is no exception.I believe they have replaced the laptop and you should see the end of the transponder errors.

Here is a suggestion "fustration is self inflicted" perhaps a little tolerance and some constructive feedback could go a long way to help make the event better.
Tolerance has been there actually. This is not the first time that a TAC series race this year has been plagued by transponder system related issues. Neither is it the second time either...

I believe suggestions to replace the laptop were already there in the first TAC race this year, as we had to face quite a few reboots in the race alone and restarts. This is actually an "old" problem that happens almost every TAC series race.

Most of us took it in our stride.

However for this weekend's particular race, since points from this race are compulsory for the overall series points, a setback in this race would result in some people not being able to qualify for the Asia finals. Case in point, some people have had to retire halfway during their qualifying heats because too much carpet fuzz accumulated in their car's drivetrain and the car just refused to move after that. Hence, there is an element of uncertainty which one can attribute to bad luck, but it is surely an element which could have been controlled though now its too late and we'll have to let the magic carpet decide who makes it thru to the finals in the most important race of the series.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hopefully tomolo will be smooth and end early...
Old 07-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zax
WA LIAO a...The expo carpet track just like kana sai...so many fur cock up at the car..We need to waste time to take out the fur...And the fur so strong tat spolit my ball bearing...now i need to change new ball bearing... waste of money and time..
Wa. So happening?? luckily never go for saturday qualifying. hate to clean up car. But i can confirm one thing. its better than 1/8 buggy

sounds like someone indeed had problems with balls, i mean ball bearing. Sorry guys, i couldnt resist. please bear with me :X

Have all change to gear diffs????
Old 07-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well some of the lucky ones just change 1 ball bearing but for some ahh think more than 1 esp those using blue seal bearing.

But overall the race was ok only the transponer and computer problem have not being solve and it keeps on having problem and having to restart again sian.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.