Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Tamiya Asiacup Qualifying 2005 (singapore) >

Tamiya Asiacup Qualifying 2005 (singapore)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Asiacup Qualifying 2005 (singapore)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 02:10 AM
Tech Regular

Ray, it was a pleasure to let you pass me countless times in the qualifiers and in the GT final.

It was a real good learning experience to observes how the 'Rooster' piloted cars simply fly around the track. I hope to improve over the course of this year with more races like this one where all drivers showed exceptional courtesy (bearing in my their skill levels) to each other.

Definitely makes for a very enjoyable race day.

Many thanks to Tamiya and BK, and also Immenient RC too!

Originally posted by Ray Lan
That MyLaps thingy is fantastic.
Thanks PH and MPRCMC!

A job well done by Stargek, staff and racers. Yesterdays race went silky smooth.

Thanks to the 2 roosters, who helped me build set tweak and tune my car, damn steady. Thanks Bros.

I agree with Azmi and sty about the stress of being pushed and obliged to let faster guys pass. They can't race their full potential when they are busy giving way, its quite frustrating.

Yesterday most were very alert of their surroundings, they gave way each time someone manage to come up behind, even a beginner (think its joo kiah? white loctite skyline) was able to see the leaders approach and 'open up'. Very impressive.

Going by how the race went yesterday i must say that the local guys are becoming much better drivers, more courteous skillful and all. I witnessed Guy A accidentally nudging Guy B off the track, A allowed B to pass the next time round with no hesitation at all(open bigbig), even when A was ahead at that time. A very sporting move.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:16 AM
Tech Adept

Now then you read it.

Originally posted by nixaad
kanasai!
Old 04-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

to all tat made the race a veri eojoyin 1.. a veri big thks..

also thks to Ray N Kelvin tat help mi wif the set up of my car n the advice tat they hav gif mi as i m still veri newbie to tis..veri thank u..
also as to wat Ray had say is nth to let u all pass cos i m quite slow...
also sorri to those tat i hab knock during the race..it's realli a veri enjoyable race..
thks every1..
Old 04-11-2005, 08:03 AM
GKC
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm totally amazed by Mylaps.com

Great stuff and great job PH, appreciate the efforts.

Next race is not about star, moon or sun but crowds and lots of spectators.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by M&N
To OUR Valued TAC Participants

We would like to inform you of our sincerest appreciation in your participation for the TAC Series Race Run 2 held last Sunday 10 April 2005 @ RCI. Each event is a learning process for improvement on the next one so please reflags to us your suggestions and comments.

Last Sunday's event was a smooth one due to your cooperation and sportsmanship. We are VERY thankful for all the drivers that assisted us in marshalling albeit the condition of their cars during the preceding race which need repairs and maintenance.

After all the thanks and all .....On behalf of everyone, I would like to give a big HURRAH to M&N and AK for running the show at the expense of their taking part in the race. I just want the 2 of you to know that we really appreciate the sacrifice you made so that the race would proceed smoothly !
Hopefully in the next race, you guys would be able to run as well

The location of the next race just convinced me that you guys at Stargek REALLY DO LISTEN to customer's feedbacks/suggestions and truely do have the customer's interests at heart. (The boys from da Club will know wat I mean)

Kudos to all at Stargek !
Old 04-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Redko
to all tat made the race a veri eojoyin 1.. a veri big thks..

also thks to Ray N Kelvin tat help mi wif the set up of my car n the advice tat they hav gif mi as i m still veri newbie to tis..veri thank u..
also as to wat Ray had say is nth to let u all pass cos i m quite slow...
also sorri to those tat i hab knock during the race..it's realli a veri enjoyable race..
thks every1..
No prob, didn't do much. Think Kelvin did most of the stuff.
Just have fun, its our hobby.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Race pics are available for viewing at www.imminentrc.com , enjoy.
Thanks to all racers, Stargek, MPRCMC and RCI.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Ya. Next race no more stars to gek at, but other 'sceneries" to droop at.

Originally posted by GKC
I'm totally amazed by Mylaps.com

Great stuff and great job PH, appreciate the efforts.

Next race is not about star, moon or sun but crowds and lots of spectators.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default Suggestion for May's race event

As mentioned, if the race is held at Ngee Ann City, there will be some additional fun events. I suggest stargek might want to do some promotional events. Example, maybe can ask people to showcase their vintage tamiya collection etc or some radical rc car modifications. It's about tamiya fans and their beloved models.... Something like the recent mercedes benz promo.....
Old 04-12-2005, 01:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Suggestion for May's race event

Originally posted by kkyeo
As mentioned, if the race is held at Ngee Ann City, there will be some additional fun events. I suggest stargek might want to do some promotional events. Example, maybe can ask people to showcase their vintage tamiya collection etc or some radical rc car modifications. It's about tamiya fans and their beloved models.... Something like the recent mercedes benz promo.....
I agree ! .....even thou this is a race, we should try our best to "entertain" querys from members of the public and hopefully get them into it.
As this race is run in a high profile area, lets all do our best to promote the sports.
The worst thing we racers could do is to snubb the potential newbies and give them the impression that we are snobbish SOBs like what happened in another race !
Old 04-12-2005, 01:26 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Suggestion for May's race event

D**n duplicate post again !!!
Old 04-12-2005, 08:01 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Default Buggy Class

Guys I'm trying to get some tires for my buggy, I'm after the tires from the Blazing Star do you know the part number and were I can buy them from?
I know that its a 98 number but I can't find the tires in any manual.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

If these r the tyres you looking for, try Racecraft Infinity, owner nick is Kylelim on this forum or web contact madaboutrc.com. Hope this helps
Old 04-13-2005, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Buggy Class

Try this number : 9805561. Saw this number on the tires packaging from the local distributor.

Originally posted by TJ
Guys I'm trying to get some tires for my buggy, I'm after the tires from the Blazing Star do you know the part number and were I can buy them from?
I know that its a 98 number but I can't find the tires in any manual.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Buggy Class

Originally posted by $h@d0w
Try this number : 9805561. Saw this number on the tires packaging from the local distributor.
Stargek have them too... $13 a pair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.