Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TB02 Gear Ratio

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default TB02 Gear Ratio

I own stock Tamiya TB02. use esc LRP V7.1 look fast at accleration compare to my Serpent GP car .I am using an old Trinity Monster Horse power motor.Can I buy any 16v capacitor with 10,000uf or more rating to solder on the motor .Only problem I got is the brake I cant get it hard jam after a couple of adjustment on my Tx and in the esc manual.Looks like my ep car brake like in ABS mode gradually slow down(its the case in EP car brake).And what spur and pinion gear can I use to make my car go faster(presently I am using the stock gearing spur 58T and pinion 19T)What fastest gear can my TB02 handle.Any recondmendation?What changes should I make for the gearing?What upgrade to look at TB02?
Thanks GUYS....
Old 10-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

For braking issues, you should try and reset your brake on the ESC to accord with the full travel of your brakes on your TX. I use the LRP7.1 and have no problems with both gradual and hard braking when set according to instructions.

For gearing issues, I suggest that stock 23T gearing should be somewhere between 6.2 to 6.5 (check your manual to work out what combination of pinion and spur gear you should use). Modified motors should obviously be higher (above 7.8), depending on what turn motor you are running.

For hop-ups, a aluminium motor mount and stabilisers should be the first hop-ups. The motor mount is to help with the heat dissipation of the motor whilst the stabilisers will giving you more handling adjustment options.

Hope this helps.