Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NovaMega SX12 RE 5P Turbo MS

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

Unhappy NovaMega SX12 RE 5P Turbo MS

Hi I own S705 with NovaMega MS 5pt engine.I encounter my engine stall at ard 1/4 of fuel left after laps of practise.And i notice the fuel line to carb is either half fill to carb or empty.And I had to prime the tank to fill up the line.My question is wat course engine to stall?The ideal length of tube from tank to carb and pipe to tank?Here I post the pix of my kit.Need help...Thanks

Attached Thumbnails NovaMega SX12 RE 5P Turbo MS-705.jpg  
Old 07-25-2004, 10:57 PM
mav
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default engine problem

No really optimal fuel lines. Some run it short like point to point. Some run it long to store more fuel per tank and smooth out the bubbles in the lines etc.

First, check for fuel leak around the tank area with engine running.

If your engine always stall after 1/4 fuel left but has no problem running and idling above 1/4 mark, i guess that you remove the fuel tank and lines to do leak tests. Submerge the tank in water and blow into the tubes to look for air bubbles.

I used to have such problems and found out that the tank is leaking at the moulded seam line such that when the fuel goes below that mark, the engine will idle funny due to air leak and less pressure forcing the fuel into the engine.... result in engine stalling finally. Either replace the tank/tubes or solder the tank with soldering iron to re-mould the seams... no warranty but works for me after the few times of re-do.... sigh.... budget guy.

If still have problem, i suggest you remove the fuel lines, tank and engine for thorough cleanup and check the carb for air/fuel leak by putting in water and do blow job. Seal with atv silicon if needed. I even used a vacuum cleaner to suck the carb and engine from all points.

If engine, tank and filter are old and dirty such problem can occur easily. Clean your filter and check yr glow plug also.

Engine problem can really be a pain and hard to solve if you cannot find the root cause.

You may get more help if you post at the below thread instead or ask the old birds at the track to help you.... good luck!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=20137