Wiki Posts
Search

NOOB Classics - Announcements

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teinsports
Hey Alan, are you running bearings or bushings?
Bearings.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teinsports
Hey Alan, are you running bearings or bushings?
Originally Posted by SuperEk4
Bearings.
u want to start bearing with the suanning on this thread too?
Old 01-16-2011, 08:08 AM

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
Hi BC, running open motors are based on honesty also, silver can n black can be mod too.

It will be good if racers can chose what system they want to use. Those who wants brush can run brush. Those who want bl can use as long it's a 21-25T bl. It's still can be fun n fair.

I tried running cheap lrp brush esc before but with over heat problems with the motor n Esc.

If possible review that so we can use our existing equipments I like this vintage so much that I brought a thundershot just to race buggy n truck.

Buy more spares for both cars. Hope not to spend more on brush system.

Cheers!
Thank you for your feedback Alan.

Have chatted with the organizers and it's been decided to stick with the current motor rule - brushed black or silver can motors only.

Standardizing the speed of the motors will increase the fun-factor by still keeping the cars somewhat closer and will also reduce damage to all cars on the grid.

Sticking to black or silver can brushed motors keeps it simple for everyone without worrying about ESC settings and also makes it easier to check.

We understand why some might want to run brushless setups (I would personally love to test a 8.5T in my vintage 2WD) but after looking at this from different angles the organizers have decided that this would be best.

Thank you for your understanding and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Lord

Thx BC

May I know is this the correct specs of the following motors?

The Tamiya black can 'Sport Tuned' motor is 23 turns. Otherwise it is identical to the silver can 27 turn stock RS540.

Originally Posted by BloodClod
Thank you for your feedback Alan.

Have chatted with the organizers and it's been decided to stick with the current motor rule - brushed black or silver can motors only.

Standardizing the speed of the motors will increase the fun-factor by still keeping the cars somewhat closer and will also reduce damage to all cars on the grid.

Sticking to black or silver can brushed motors keeps it simple for everyone without worrying about ESC settings and also makes it easier to check.

We understand why some might want to run brushless setups (I would personally love to test a 8.5T in my vintage 2WD) but after looking at this from different angles the organizers have decided that this would be best.

Thank you for your understanding and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

guys , i can understand where you're coming from , but again i think the organiser limiting to silver and black cans is good. while i have vintage mod and stock racing motors which i hope to run during the race , i'll just stick to the rules and can't expect the organiser to cater to everyone's requirements. besides it's a simple and inexpensive rule to follow btw if you guys feel it's kinda troublesome to buy esc just for this race , i have spare teu101 n 104 esc i can borrow u guys , u just need to get the y harness .
Old 01-16-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by rcaddict
guys , i can understand where you're coming from , but again i think the organiser limiting to silver and black cans is good. while i have vintage mod and stock racing motors which i hope to run during the race , i'll just stick to the rules and can't expect the organiser to cater to everyone's requirements. besides it's a simple and inexpensive rule to follow btw if you guys feel it's kinda troublesome to buy esc just for this race , i have spare teu101 n 104 esc i can borrow u guys , u just need to get the y harness .
Thanks for the support and the offer of the ESC loan RCA!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rcaddict
Thx for helping but teu101 with black can is a overheat match. I will just borrow a tekin fx.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:53 AM

NOOB CLASSICS 2.0 - Announcement

Hi guys, we're about 2 weeks away from the NOOB CLASSICS event scheduled for March 20. We've currently got 10 participants signed up and we hope to see more registrants in the next week or so.

Unfortunately, we will need a minimum of 20 participants for the race to proceed - we'll review the registration list on Wed, 16 March 2011 and decide if the race will proceed accordingly.

So sign up if you intend to run but haven't already done so - we hope to let the good OLD times roll!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:02 AM
AHP
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default hi

Hi Guys,

JOnathan here. Will be taking part with WWII. Just to be sure, how many classes are there? WWII not in anyway modified can survive? Clod, admire your spirit in organising the race and even raise fund for charity!!! Way to go!!!

sincerely

Jonathan
Old 03-16-2011, 09:38 AM

NOOB CLASSICS - Announcement

Hi guys, thanks to those who've signed up and expressed interest in running their vintage RC buggies and trucks! However, the NOOB team has decided to *cancel* the vintage run originally scheduled for this weekend due to registration numbers.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope that the cool, innovative and quirky spirit of the golden age of RCs will live on here on our tiny little island state.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i think partly due to the registration cost of $25 which is high, should have just quoted $15 instead.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:00 PM
VTR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F1brawn
i think partly due to the registration cost of $25 which is high, should have just quoted $15 instead.
That is not e reason,more likely is time, or at lest that for mi. Din had time to prepare e cars and e timing juz happen to clash w mi relative celebration.

PS BC, pls try to arrange another vintage later tis yr... Thanks