Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hobby shop?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Yup, Taising's Andrew is pretty friendly and sincere in his recommendations. Helpful too.

Well, his father Tony, is abit more erm....erm...
shall not say too much here
Old 04-09-2002, 09:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Hobbyshops..

Originally posted by hurhur

what brand does Nacos carry? which part of AMK exactly?
Tamiya dealer but has some nitro stuff and in near future yokomo parts i think.

Dun know the exact address sori, somewhere along AMK Ave 1 St 21,22
Old 04-10-2002, 03:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Hobbyshops..

Originally posted by rcmaniac

Tamiya dealer but has some nitro stuff and in near future yokomo parts i think.

Dun know the exact address sori, somewhere along AMK Ave 1 St 21,22
Who the boss?
Old 04-10-2002, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hobby shops

Originally posted by wyl03
true, this hobby is not cheap hence better to do your research before plonking down your hard-earned $$$.
if Sam tells you that Boyseen is better than kyosho and you actually believe him, then i think you deserve it. buying a buggy is not cheap so for goodness sake, if anyone is considering making such an expensive purchase, do your homework first! don't fork out the money and blame pple for taking you on a ride. blame yourself for being naive.
i'm sure Sam was just pulling your leg, he'll probably do that to most newbies visiting his shop.
i remember my first visit there a few yrs back when all i know about RC was tamiya, he showed me his Serpent and told me - this car is the fastest in singapore, JB and Batam
but he's quite an OK guy. buy a Serpent from him and you'll be assured of technical assistance (at the track, during races ..) and abundance of parts.

winnie is OK .. but ever ask the old man for assistance? tips on setting up a picco integra or tuning a picco engine? heheh

hobby bug's kyosho prices may be dearer than others but have you ever approached ben for assistance? has he ever turned you down?

i like visiting speedline, if only it was closer to my place. wui kiat knows his stuff and i've always gotten very good prices from him.

HI WY103,

I think it is fair that the dealers should have an acceptable amount of knowledge.For those dealers who try to mislead their customers with lies to make that sale, that is unfair to the customers.The dealers should be there to provide proper guidance and sell at realistic price, and not taking advantage of the customer's naiveness or ignorance. (Else no difference from those ah-beng handphone shops that koktoh, or the ah-beng hifi shops in Sim Lim)

For myself, I normally purchase stuffs from Hobbystation. With enough purchase value, he will even deliver it down to my doorstep. Of course I visit other good hobby shops for other products that I fancy. But making special trips down to the hobby shops just for small little items everytime takes too much time.Therefore my strategy now is to stock up on expendables like body shell, tires, paint etc or order them thru Hobbystation.

My personal favourites:

1. Hobbystation - honesty, knowledge,fair price, additional service like tire gluing, comm cutting and delivery service
2. Speedline - honesty, knowledge and fair price
3. Elite racing - plenty of products, fair price

Last edited by melvin; 04-10-2002 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey peeps where is hobby station?
dealing more to nitro or electric?

btw how can i reach that shop..
Old 04-10-2002, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

frantic : RC Hobbystation deals almost purely in electric touring car stuff. Its virtually a "dot.com" type of business run by our dear friend Kasey Low.
Old 04-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

could i have the url thanks...
Old 04-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hobbystation: - http://www.geocities.com/kaseylow/rchs-home.htm
Old 04-10-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

hey,i was jus abt 2 mention him,...

ya,kasey is pretty friendly,done a business wif him b4,...
his prices r pretty gd also,comparable 2 winnie's etc...

b sure 2 check out his website often for gd bargains!!!
Old 04-10-2002, 07:51 PM
AO
Tech Addict

I have not done any trading with him. before. i will try cometime later...
Old 04-12-2002, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

I'm running a hobbyshop and on road track, from neighbour country.
These day i've been dealing with #### hobbyshop.
This hb shop kinnda naughty, sell thing's with vry high price without notivy us.
We received invoice - we pay, but they don't send all the list.
We end up left some money on them.
If they cheating to us again, where i can report them for bussiness cheating.
thank's
Old 04-12-2002, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

i dunno if tis helps,but try CASE(consumer association of singapore).

not sure if they accept cases such as your's bcos of commerical background.,but can try...the info r provided b4...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ulu Pandan Community Building
#05-01, 170 Ghim Moh Road
Singapore 279621

Admin
Tel: 6463 6678
Fax: 6467 9055
Email: [email protected]

Complaints
Tel: 6463 1811
Fax: 6467 9055
Email: [email protected]
Old 04-13-2002, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

There is no perfect store, in Singapore or elsewhere. So guys, don't get so worked up about who is the best.

At the end of the day, it does depend alot on what you want from the store. In my view, honesty and good value for money is the key attributes. Technical support is also important. In this regard, I want to say that my best experience thus far is with Hobbystation. Good personal service, good prices and good technical knowledge. Having a decent website with prices stated is also great.

Next would be Winnie as she does treat her valued customers well (in terms of pricing anyway). I admit that it does however take time to build a relationship with her (which is probably true of all the hobby stores). As for the other stores, I have mixed views - some good, some bad.

My pet hate is when a store refuses to help you because you didn't buy the original car or other item from them. I am not going to name any stores, but I can say that I have stop visiting 2 stores because of this treatment.

If any of you reading this forum are store owners, take note - A little free advice here and there could be rewarded by a loyal customer and future sales. Building customer relationships are everything if you want to build a successful business. As the old saying goes, the best form of advertising is by word of mouth. Why some businesses choose to ignore this golden rule baffles me.

One thing I've noticed with all hobby stores is that they will always push their own products - which is perfectly understandable. So if you want to get unbiased advice on the best cars, best electronics etc, best not to rely solely on the shop keepers, but rely on other sources - like this website, or RC mags etc.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.

BTW - KKYeo, all the best for your exam!
Old 04-14-2002, 09:43 AM
Tech Rookie

friendly speaking. All RC shops in singapore & KL is Good, But Not ZOOmmmm........ All My area KL, know about how zoom works.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ...

rootbeer in Kl got hobbyshop???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.