Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short Course Truck Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey chill guys.....hope everyone here are frens and merely just joking ard with each other.

looking forward to watch how u guys roost....
Old 04-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No worries we are friends n just joking. So u decided what to buy? It's not that hard right?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

oh dats good....

Tentatively still undecided which one to get. Feels like getting both the 2wd & 4wd. lol. But for sure the wife will be asking me to sleep in the living room.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Tech Lord

No worries if u need to try a scrt10 u can try mine hope u dun hv to sleep outside.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acidmonk
oh dats good....

Tentatively still undecided which one to get. Feels like getting both the 2wd & 4wd. lol. But for sure the wife will be asking me to sleep in the living room.
Well, that's great, then you could run your SC Trucks in your living room...
Old 04-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i bashed the hellout of my 2wd slash today, 2wds do hv its own fun side for the driving challenge. and the good thing about it is that i've got a waterproof receiver box & waterproof servo, cleaning & maintaining has been a breeze.

not to mention slash is known to be tough.

good luck choosing yours, look forward seeing u at track !
Old 04-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sk8ter b0y
i bashed the hellout of my 2wd slash today, 2wds do hv its own fun side for the driving challenge. and the good thing about it is that i've got a waterproof receiver box & waterproof servo, cleaning & maintaining has been a breeze.

not to mention slash is known to be tough.

good luck choosing yours, look forward seeing u at track !
i was thinking of the slash too. tried my friend's before, its fun and a very tough truck, but difficult to get out of ditches and holes if got stuck as its 2wd. am waiting for my friend's 4x4 slash to arrive and test it before deciding whether to get SCRT10, Hyper 10SC or Slash 4x4. i started from rc drifting, hence 4x4 is more convenient/easier for me. its just my cup of tea.

hope u can make ur decision soon too, then we'll see at the tracks!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Interesting....btw where normally u guys bash? seeing is believing....jus need to satisfy my eyes lust before i commit.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Lord

Interesting....btw where normally u guys bash? seeing is believing....jus need to satisfy my eyes lust before i commit.
segar or turf city
Old 04-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Fuse & I had been bashing our Blitz for a while now. So far, no major breakages yet. We got the Overtray for the Blitz, so cleaning isn't a problem too.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by $h@d0w
Fuse & I had been bashing our Blitz for a while now. So far, no major breakages yet. We got the Overtray for the Blitz, so cleaning isn't a problem too.
but won't the overtray create excess heat for the ESC/motor?
Old 04-09-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Hi guys, pretty new to this. I'm at the verge of gettin a kit. But torn between the Hyper SC10 & the HPI Blitz.

Need inputs regards the pros & cons between those 2.

From my understanding, the Hyper SC10 comes in the Pro Kit.
The HPI basic kit. But price wise is ard the same.

Parts wise I guess both have strong support here.

That's all I knw abt it. Hope the experienced ones can advice me on this.

~cheers
Hi Acid, why do I get the feeling you were from Slackriders forum...
Anyway you registered RCtech in 2006, still consider new meh? I more new then.

Well, myself started off with a 2WD, and now is comfortable with both 2WD and 4WD driving. In my humble opinion, starting with 2WD is like starting out with KTM200, while starting off with 4WD is like beginning with a XR200. There's no good or bad about any of them.

Personally, I don't get too bothered about whether something is pro or basic, what I look for is whether I use/need it. Yes, pro stuffs do help sometimes, but only if I can feel the difference on track.

The Hyper truck should be tough, and you'll learn a lot about car set-up with all the differentials mambo jumbo, it being all wheel drive and all the tuning options. Down side I think could be the overall weight.

I've had a 2WD E-Firestorm and even built a custom SC truck out of it. The chassis is not race-bred but will do well with some good setting up. Parts are durable but come at the price of chassis stiffness.
(After owning a AE SC10, I finally understood what race-winning chassis felt and handle like. Not that we need race specs, it just helps to be able to "connect" better with the car when driving.)

Go with your feeling, Blitz or Hyper SC, they'll both work.
Oh, most important factor is, what are your friends driving? I can't stress this enough.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Suzukee

Well, myself started off with a 2WD, and now is comfortable with both 2WD and 4WD driving. In my humble opinion, starting with 2WD is like starting out with KTM200, while starting off with 4WD is like beginning with a XR200. There's no good or bad about any of them.

Personally, I don't get too bothered about whether something is pro or basic, what I look for is whether I use/need it. Yes, pro stuffs do help sometimes, but only if I can feel the difference on track.

The Hyper truck should be tough, and you'll learn a lot about car set-up with all the differentials mambo jumbo, it being all wheel drive and all the tuning options. Down side I think could be the overall weight.

I've had a 2WD E-Firestorm and even built a custom SC truck out of it. The chassis is not race-bred but will do well with some good setting up. Parts are durable but come at the price of chassis stiffness.
(After owning a AE SC10, I finally understood what race-winning chassis felt and handle like. Not that we need race specs, it just helps to be able to "connect" better with the car when driving.)

Oh, most important factor is, what are your friends driving? I can't stress this enough.
heh...yeah, dats me from SR forum. Ur nick's RC there rite? Got myself registered in 06, started to have interest in this hobby. But den at dat time, alot of financial restrictions. Thus the long laid up. So now trying to pick up where I left from.

Sadly none of my frens are into this hobby. But soon enuff i'll be making some from here. Anw thanks for the advice bro....

Old 04-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

No la, I was a moderator at the old SR mechanical forum, but haven't log in there for ages now. There's too much to read up on RC cars (which is also a suppressed childhood hobby)... so slowly forgot about bikes.

If that is your situation, I do suggest hooking up with people first before deciding what to get. I was blessed with a group of buddies who taught me much about RC, and who I share dirtbike tips with in return.
My experience is, no matter what we play, it is the company we do it with that bring all the fun.
Be it on-Road, off-road, crawler, drifting, EP, GP, 1/8, 1/10... motocross or trail.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

If that is your situation, I do suggest hooking up with people first before deciding what to get. I was blessed with a group of buddies who taught me much about RC, and who I share dirtbike tips with in return.
My experience is, no matter what we play, it is the company we do it with that bring all the fun.
Be it on-Road, off-road, crawler, drifting, EP, GP, 1/8, 1/10... motocross or trail.

+1
I agree with you Suzukee. Acidmonk, you are more than welcome to Bottle Tree Park to have a look at the off road track and watch the guys bash. Everyone is friendly and is more than willing to help you out. There are guys bashing 2wd and 4wd SC trucks, like what Suzukee said, you won't go wrong with either a 2wd or 4wd SC truck, since you're just starting out, the Hyper10 SC being 4wd will be easier to drive and with all the cnc aluminium parts, it's more durable too.
Lastly, RC is all about the company/kaki you hang out with, it's never fun driving alone...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.