Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Brushless Systems SS5800 Q's

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Novak Brushless Systems SS5800 Q's

can anyone help me on this? I have cogging problem during reverse, i've set the throttle to maximum for both forward and reverse but the cogging problem is very obvious for reverse only. also if i full reverse the motor wont move.
another prob i have is the limited rpm and unlimited rpm seems to be equally fast, i dunno whether its becos of my xpress mini's gear ratio of less than 6.5. but by right the speed difrence should be very obvious rite?thanks in advance
Old 04-14-2004, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

your max rpm may be less than the 26K limited by the software while running under load. the ss5800 has relatively poor torque compared to other brushless systems. also, check is the software spoilt? bring back to the shop u got from and request testing if you can't solve it.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:19 AM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Top speed between profile 1-4 & 5-6 (ltd) is very obvious, its like hitting the fuel-cutoff rev limiter on your 1:1. Novak accelerates with same power then its ch-ch-ch-ch-ch stuttering at the limited max rpm.

I think you might have somehow confused the ESC... but before you send it back try and check the sensor cable. If there's a loose connection with 1/some of the wires you can get funny responses. That little white plug is not very heavy-duty.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yea, after i changed the ratio from 5.9 to 6.9, i can see the top speed difrence, so its normal for the limited to have ch-ch-ch-ch stuttering ? the unlimited accelerate to top speed quite smooth though. then i've changed to 6.64, it seems smoother, top speed wise seems to be similar, or maybe i really need a speedo to measure it.

the one problem i still have is the reverse, i'm still getting cogging or the reverse totally not responsding at all when full throttle. i'll test the system without load tonite to see whether its the gearing problem that causes it. the esc is rather hot though, cant touch it for long. no termal shutdown yet.
tks for the advice guys