Search

Newbie to this hobby...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default Newbie to this hobby...

Hi all.....

I was in HK 2-3 weeks ago, and happened to pass by a hobby store on my last day. I used to build scale models many years ago and I know hobby kits are cheap there. I walked in not expecting to buy anything, then I chanced upon some RC kits.....

I think it was an impulse buy, and along with some help from the shop owner on how to get started... bought a Lancia TT-01 kit and a Futaba 2PHKA controller. I think my wife was shocked by the size of the kit, and I lugged everything back to SGP.

Everything is running now, so I'm just wondering, where are the places in Singapore (besides my home's parking lot) that I can run my car. Preferably a place friendly to newbies?
Old 11-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Welcome to rctech Singapore. As for your 1/10 touring car. U can play at yishun bottle tree park. Look for mr Bk he's the owner of the shop n track .

He's close on Mon.

It's a very basic car n won't run very fast, very soon you will upgrade to a faster car lol so dun upgrade the car.

Need any help pm me .

Originally Posted by leongkc
Hi all.....

I was in HK 2-3 weeks ago, and happened to pass by a hobby store on my last day. I used to build scale models many years ago and I know hobby kits are cheap there. I walked in not expecting to buy anything, then I chanced upon some RC kits.....

I think it was an impulse buy, and along with some help from the shop owner on how to get started... bought a Lancia TT-01 kit and a Futaba 2PHKA controller. I think my wife was shocked by the size of the kit, and I lugged everything back to SGP.

Everything is running now, so I'm just wondering, where are the places in Singapore (besides my home's parking lot) that I can run my car. Preferably a place friendly to newbies?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi all.....

And look for the above Super EK4 - Alan Hoon (aka Xiao Yun...)

He's the Ace in Electric Trucks.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by roychan69
And look for the above Super EK4 - Alan Hoon (aka Xiao Yun...)

He's the Ace in Electric Trucks.
Lol macho Mary?
Old 11-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
Lol macho Mary?
Machree Macho Mary - MMM
Old 11-09-2009, 01:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

No issue if I bring a AM 27MHz controller to any of the tracks?
Old 11-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by roychan69
Machree Macho Mary - MMM
Hey later I can't be sponsor by hobbywing. Dun say mamba max monster!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Tech Champion

Hey later I can't be sponsor by hobbywing. Dun say mamba max monster!
Hmm... That's MMM too... That's a good one!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 AM
Tech Champion

No issue if I bring a AM 27MHz controller to any of the tracks?
Doesn't matter; as long as you inform the other players what frequency you're in.

And if you're already playing; other players who is using frequency too will see your radio antenna, and they'll approach you to ask 'what frequency you're in..?'
Old 11-09-2009, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Welcome to rctech Singapore. As for your 1/10 touring car. U can play at yishun bottle tree park. Look for mr Bk he's the owner of the shop n track .

He's close on Mon.

It's a very basic car n won't run very fast, very soon you will upgrade to a faster car lol so dun upgrade the car.

Need any help pm me .
Welcome to RCTech SG,

just ask master SuperEk4 and surely will help, and also other RC guru's and addicts ;-) they will help you in all your questions, as he did when i started this hobby.... and still now... hope SuperEk4 you dont get tired of our stupid questions...

Bottle tree is a great RC track for EP, lots of friendly peeps also... ask and you shall be answered....

Again Welcome.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:49 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by slow_jun
Welcome to RCTech SG,

just ask master SuperEk4 and surely will help, and also other RC guru's and addicts ;-) they will help you in all your questions, as he did when i started this hobby.... and still now... hope SuperEk4 you dont get tired of our stupid questions...

Bottle tree is a great RC track for EP, lots of friendly peeps also... ask and you shall be answered....

Again Welcome.

Lol no problem just trying to help newbies so they won't make mistakes like we did before. Lol.

Just dun reinvent the wheel like converting a tt01 to off road or off road to drag racer.

Unless u hv deep pockets n if u do u dun need advise lol