Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charger questions....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Charger questions....

I'm looking for a AC/DC charger that can charge 2 packs at a time. Selectable amps setting, discharging function (not necessary, but if have lagi best). Anyone know of such charger around? Thank you.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Try CDC charger, around 250++. Advisable charge 1 battery at a time. 2 batts might cause false peaking. There's some other brand like TLP which u can find in the local stores or u can post at the RC Stuff Wanted thread. Aight! Good luck!
Old 01-24-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Charger questions....

Originally posted by Ares17
I'm looking for a AC/DC charger that can charge 2 packs at a time. Selectable amps setting, discharging function (not necessary, but if have lagi best). Anyone know of such charger around? Thank you.

You can try Competition Electronics Turbo Charger 35. Its top of the line and its very costly (but its a one time investment right?). Charge 1 pack/time. Have lots of functions too.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Charging two packs at a time

Out of curiousity, I was wondering if you get a charger that says to be able to charge lets say 1~15 cells. And if you connect 2 6 cells packs in serial and pull 5 amps thru them, can you charge them??

Anybody tried this method. The CDC can only charge 1 to 10 cells, thats why I did not tried it.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

nixaad, where can i find the cdc?

adrian,where can i find the charger you mentioned? and how much is it?
thanx guys.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by nixaad
Try CDC charger, around 250++. Advisable charge 1 battery at a time. 2 batts might cause false peaking. There's some other brand like TLP which u can find in the local stores or u can post at the RC Stuff Wanted thread. Aight! Good luck!
i think you are giving him a wrong price since he was asking for an AC/DC charger.. CDC has this as well, but it will be around $400 (more or less) you can check it here:

http://rotor.com.sg/car/acc_eaglem_power.htm#1963
Old 01-24-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Oopps! Oh yeah, the CDC I mentioned is the DC charger at the price of 250++. I'd go with the Turbo Charger but it's too costly, the AC/DC CDC Ver. 6B is about 400++ as rcprix mentioned. You can try rotor hobby or winnie's. cheers!
Old 01-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ares17
nixaad, where can i find the cdc?

adrian,where can i find the charger you mentioned? and how much is it?
thanx guys.
I don know where to find it in Singapore. I myself is still looking for it. Its a HIGH ENG charger. Oh yea, its a DC charger.

Go to http://www.competitionelectronics.com/ for a better view and understanding of the charger.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Doesn't swan hobby bring in Competition Electronic stuff?

If not, just drop by www.modeloneracing.com - i'm sure Paul can arrange for it

Alvin
Old 01-26-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default AC/DC Charger

Anyone knows where to find MRC Super Brain 969 charger?
Old 01-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default hi

Think the MRC is a odd ball, would advice you to buy the AC/DC CDC 6.0B ver if you have the $ or go for something cheaper from Winnie.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Chargers chargers....chargers....

First, it was kit, then ESC,now chargers....Its giving me a headache already. So, can someone tell me, what charger (AC/DC) is the most commonly used by you guys? And where to buy and roughly how much? Thanx a million.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:50 PM
mav
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Part of the game

Hey,

That's all part of the hobby. You will get the hang of it if you stick around long enough or drop out in 3-6 mths if rc is not in your blood.

Try asking shops like BK, Swan, Nacos to get a idea what kind of chargers are available.

Do you need all the high end stuff to get going? Why not settle for something decent and affordable and see if you like this hobby in the long term.

Jus my 2 cents worth..... have fun but spend wisely..... cheers!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Go for the CDC 6.B. whether is DC only or the AC/DC vesion. It good. The photo i saw at the Thailand Reedy EP race competition. lot of them use the DC version.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Part of the game

Originally posted by mav
Hey,

That's all part of the hobby. You will get the hang of it if you stick around long enough or drop out in 3-6 mths if rc is not in your blood.

Try asking shops like BK, Swan, Nacos to get a idea what kind of chargers are available.

Do you need all the high end stuff to get going? Why not settle for something decent and affordable and see if you like this hobby in the long term.

Jus my 2 cents worth..... have fun but spend wisely..... cheers!
hi bro, is hobby not new to me. first started playing when i was 11. still playing until i was in the army when time is not a luxury. so have to stop playing for a while....now reviving a lost love

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.