Search

TT01 Sharing thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TT01 Sharing thread.

Hi there,
Just got a TT01D to do some diffing/Touring indoor during bad weather,I am totally noob in ON ROAD.
Starting this thead for all TT01( D,E,R...) ower out there, so we can
-Share and ask Question regarding setup tips on this ride

-necessary hop up that will improve the ride both for Driff and touring.(i.e electronic, tires, )

-MOb that will improve it.

-Any thing that is regard this ride that will make it better.

So let me start the ball rolling.

I just got a one way shaft from a friend of my and it cant fit in to it. i have measure it with Tamiya Alu shaft and its slighty longer, could it be its not ment for tt01 or i have to do some mod to it?

Next is that i heard that i can put blu tag in to the rear diff to lock it in order for it to driff better, My question is that am i still able to do touring with it?

So guys let roll...
Old 06-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (67%+)

Originally Posted by boo_saa
Hi there,
Just got a TT01D to do some diffing/Touring indoor during bad weather,I am totally noob in ON ROAD.
Starting this thead for all TT01( D,E,R...) ower out there, so we can
-Share and ask Question regarding setup tips on this ride

-necessary hop up that will improve the ride both for Driff and touring.(i.e electronic, tires, )

-MOb that will improve it.

-Any thing that is regard this ride that will make it better.

So let me start the ball rolling.

I just got a one way shaft from a friend of my and it cant fit in to it. i have measure it with Tamiya Alu shaft and its slighty longer, could it be its not ment for tt01 or i have to do some mod to it?

Next is that i heard that i can put blu tag in to the rear diff to lock it in order for it to driff better, My question is that am i still able to do touring with it?

So guys let roll...

i heard bout the blue tag also. some of my friends did that in order to drift easily. if u intending to drift with one way shaft, my opinion is that get a front one way set would be better not the shaft. cheers
Old 06-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

the blu tag think is to either fully lock the TT-01 de gear diff to make it into a spool or to semi lock it to adjust how much slip u want for the diff..

what mod i think is a must:
1) alu shaf for better power trasmition from motor
2) shock if u want more tuning option.
3) spur pinion 55/25

this is what i use for my TT-01 for drifting.. haha
Old 06-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Hey Steven if I'm not wrong? Adding blue tack or hot glue to the rear diff either semi locks or locks ur rear. This is done by drifters so the rear of the car loses traction more easily and readily even with stock setup, low powered motor or very grippy ground or tires. However, they can easily be replaced by either havin a higher powered motor, stiffer rear suspensions or lesser grip ground and tires. So if u oso intend to tour, dun lock or semi lock them cos u might end up drifting corners den eating in. The car still drifts with stock setup. As for ur one-way shaft, try pulling them apart. U shld find 2 ball bearings holding them. Remove ONE only and leave the other. U shld end up with a slightly shorter shaft and it shld fit by now.. For driftin wif a high powered motor, a centre shaft one-way works better den a front-one-way as it do not tend to "over turn" during hair-pin turns at fast entry. Front-one-way is good for low powered motors.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there is this guy (beginner) using tt01. been seeing him in a few drift meet already, has been playing very well with stock tt01D.turn well, dori well (i can't even do it) i was so surprise to know that all stock, no one way, no lock diff and play better than me. i thought he lao jiao but found out that we started out same time also in feb .
i am running with lock diff at the rear then lock the front too.
so its mostly skill.
play around to your liking. but i advise you stick to one first. get use to the charateristic, so you know how different its feels when you change something.
basic i would go first is
0 camber
0 toe
after this there will be alot of expert telling you to do this and that.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Noob here but personally I would think that a stock car can drift with the necessary skills but certain settings and hop ups helps to speed up the learning curve.

Front one way, rear solid spool and dampers are few great hop ups for some dramatic differences!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Cool guys.. lets now talk about tires. i am using the stock tires, heard that HPI have pretty good tires for driffting.. If now i wanted to unlock the diff wat wt of diff oil should i use to replace it
Old 06-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by boo_saa
Cool guys.. lets now talk about tires. i am using the stock tires, heard that HPI have pretty good tires for driffting.. If now i wanted to unlock the diff wat wt of diff oil should i use to replace it
Hpi T drift would b better. If thats too expensive for u, try F2 tyres. The differences is just minimal though
Old 06-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by fadeaway
there is this guy (beginner) using tt01. been seeing him in a few drift meet already, has been playing very well with stock tt01D.turn well, dori well (i can't even do it) i was so surprise to know that all stock, no one way, no lock diff and play better than me. i thought he lao jiao but found out that we started out same time also in feb .
i am running with lock diff at the rear then lock the front too.
so its mostly skill.
play around to your liking. but i advise you stick to one first. get use to the charateristic, so you know how different its feels when you change something.
basic i would go first is
0 camber
0 toe
after this there will be alot of expert telling you to do this and that.

Full stock and yet so pro? Maybe old bird act noob leh?

Usually play where one? I also play tt-01d, welcome to the club! Hahaha!!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default Help!

Hello tt-01 experts!

I need some help with my tt-01d...
I recently upgraded my gears to 58t spur and 23t pinion from the stock 61t spur and 19t pinion as they are worn beyond hope (play since i first bought it until now - roughly four months never change), and since i changed it, i noticed that i cannot brake as sharply as before, and acceleration is alot less responsive. It's like when i'm playing, i'm just like driving along and i suddenly hit my brakes, the car will slow down and begin to move on its own will and will not stop immediately like it used to. I originally wanted to change to 55t spur and 25t pinion but just my luck, stargek out of stock on the day i bought my pinion gear, so bo pian buy 23t.

I'm running a fully stock tt-01d, not a single thing upgraded.

Pros, please help! I've tried everything! Lubrication, even unlocking my rear diff, then finding out that it has no effect on the brakes, then locking it again. And all these i've done multiple times.

Help!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HarryLeeWD
Hello tt-01 experts!

I need some help with my tt-01d...
I recently upgraded my gears to 58t spur and 23t pinion from the stock 61t spur and 19t pinion as they are worn beyond hope (play since i first bought it until now - roughly four months never change), and since i changed it, i noticed that i cannot brake as sharply as before, and acceleration is alot less responsive. It's like when i'm playing, i'm just like driving along and i suddenly hit my brakes, the car will slow down and begin to move on its own will and will not stop immediately like it used to. I originally wanted to change to 55t spur and 25t pinion but just my luck, stargek out of stock on the day i bought my pinion gear, so bo pian buy 23t.

I'm running a fully stock tt-01d, not a single thing upgraded.

Pros, please help! I've tried everything! Lubrication, even unlocking my rear diff, then finding out that it has no effect on the brakes, then locking it again. And all these i've done multiple times.

Help!
mayb the gears are too tight? i tried using that combination end up the gears are too tight, cant even fit the motor in(depends on the motor ure using also). nevertheless, im using 55t and 25t combination. the result is tremendous! you should try that combination!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Shock oil.

Hi bros.. does any1 here noes of any other oil that can be used as shock oil? Other than Singer oil.. n is there a technic to top up the oil?

Thnx in advance guys.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by magoasti
Hi bros.. does any1 here noes of any other oil that can be used as shock oil? Other than Singer oil.. n is there a technic to top up the oil?

Thnx in advance guys.

Actually depend on wat style of driving you play.
But Singer oil in shock???? What's the Weight of singer oil????
Shock are a critical part on the handling turning part. Different weight of the oil will actually result in how well the tires hold to the ground and how the droop will react to the Yaw of the car. Wiser to spend a bit more on shock silicon oil. Won't cost much also. For touring purpose i use around weight 30 or 40. drift i recon use heavier oil.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by streetvandals41
mayb the gears are too tight? i tried using that combination end up the gears are too tight, cant even fit the motor in(depends on the motor ure using also). nevertheless, im using 55t and 25t combination. the result is tremendous! you should try that combination!
Did you check the manual for which slot to mount the motor? A,B,C or D.
And as for the stripping thing most prob is you didn't do homework on a daily basis. Do not be lazy on servicing all moving parts.

Well check to see if anyone is interested. Selling my TT01 with lots of hop up.
PM me for a pic and quote. Main attraction is my FRP chassis.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

Rite...thnx man. but was juz tryin other means/methods...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.