Wiki Posts
Search

News about Tamiya in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't think so.....
race director have not comfirm on that..
Old 02-07-2002, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Then how about when the rules have been finalized perhaps you could post a copy here and send out hardcopy to the LHSes....

So far it seems
Tires:
choose from A, B or B2,

Insert: Own Choice. May i know if we purchase the 4 pack tires what inserts come with it?

Rims: Tamiya

Motor:
Type T, or sports tuned. When u say Stock Motor does it mean Dyna Run Racing? That is one fast motor if geared high....

Brushes
Tamiya brushes (is iit?)

I assume stuff like say batteries, RX ESC etc are open.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

BTW, any tips on how to make a Johnson 540 motor run faster? I only break in comm via water, and oiled bushings.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Alvin,

Thanks for the map. I do hope to join and I'm sure if everyone makes an effort to be more positive (especially towards the race organisers), it should be a great event.

By the way, I think I'll be chasing your "R" as opposed to the other way round! I'm in NZ at the moment, trying to sneak in more driving time while I'm away from the stresses of work and getting some R&R. Its too cold here to use rubbers so I'm running foams.

See you (and the others) at the race!

Cheers,
Art
Old 02-07-2002, 06:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi long time no post here leow.... Well I guess I am the onlyone that used tamiya tires and rims for the last series... I find them quite good and all, but here I only see type A B and B2 wad abt the M grips and the supers?? those cannot use anymore arh??

Motor wise.... if you use a 540 or sporttune, and the other more experienced drivers use a Type T, you will find that you are at a big disadvantage.

FYI the last world race series I guess I was the only one in the whole race to be using a tamiya motor. I used the new Tamiya super modified 11T. Due to some luck I had, I ended up in the 10th of B main. But my 1st finals, I pushed the motor to the limit to achieve a B main 1st. But due to my wrong gearing of the second main I got a 5, overall 3rd. So wad I am saying is tamiya motors esp the new ones seem to perform very well. so I think its best to have at least 1 type T for 1 heat and finals and mayeb 1 540 or sport tune for the rest.
Old 02-07-2002, 08:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Alvin
BTW, any tips on how to make a Johnson 540 motor run faster? I only break in comm via water, and oiled bushings.
Hop up your battery to 10Cell and the Johnson will become JohnUncle 54000rpm. ho ho ho
Old 02-07-2002, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by hobby_boy

Hop up your battery to 10Cell and the Johnson will become JohnUncle 54000rpm. ho ho ho
Unfortunatly I can't for 2 reasons:
a) My ESC's manual states max of 8 cells
b) 10 cells - uh, honestly I cannot find place to put on my 04.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Alvin
Old 02-07-2002, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Motor,
box stock 540 , sport-tuned or type-T

Tires,
All Tamiya 1/10 rubber tires.

Rims,
Only Tamiya.

Inserts,
Open

Body shell
Open.

Batt,ESC,Radios
Open
Old 02-08-2002, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

nipple,
i was told yesterday by a LHS that rims are open. Hmmm....better confirm the rules again to all hobby shops to avoid confusion.

Can you confirm whether the first race is indoor or outdoor?

If the type t selling at lower price, how much lower and where to get it? At Taising or on race day itself?

Thank you.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Just Asking those experienced racers out there.

I have a problem in the coming Tamiya race, i have to work on every 2nd sunday of every mth under sports council as my part time job, now it crashed with the Tamiya race which i have been waiting since last year.

Can anyone know at what stages will the race be if i come at around 12 noon???

To Nipple:
Can i join the last details when i register for the race? Most likely i will miss the 1st heat but will i miss the 2nd heat as well? I join the last series Tamiya race and have great fun but this time it crashed with my working days.

If the race is to be held on Sun, will the track be up on sat afternoon??

Thanx everyone for the advices.
Old 02-09-2002, 01:33 AM
Tech Adept

i hope that the tyre and rim rule be reconsider carefully.i find that tamiya race very unique becos the car and motor must be tamiya.those who join the kawada or yokomo races all they need is a motor the car is open.wat is the point of controlling the tyres and rims when they r so expensive.remember not all of us here is working?whether working or student the entry fee is the same for all races.unelss u can package tyre and rims to a competive price no point controlling the tyres and rims.even tamiya dun make tyres they OEM from RIDE or SOREX.and the type T motor how much does it cost?we r trying to enjoy the hobby and not make us spend more money.how much does tamiya tyres cost compare to other tyre manufacture?
can i suggest something?u put up a suggestion box in tai seng and ask for ppl to write in their veiw on the tyre and rims issue and other issue.would u like 20 driver or 60 driver to attend ur race?just becos some tyre and rim issue the no of drivers become less it would be a pity,dun u think so?...cheers
Old 02-09-2002, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

hi IceBerG71,
Don't worry , we can arrange for you to run the last heat ....so if you come at 12.. the most you only miss 1 round of heat .(there will be three rounds of heat).But please info Tai Sing when you register so we can do the arrangment.

For the Rim,
it is comfirm closed.
Entry forms will be out after chinese New Year...about 25 of this month.
Old 02-09-2002, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

how much is the Type T motor selling
Old 02-09-2002, 02:15 AM
r32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by IceBerG71
Just Asking those experienced racers out there.

I have a problem in the coming Tamiya race, i have to work on every 2nd sunday of every mth under sports council as my part time job, now it crashed with the Tamiya race which i have been waiting since last year.

Can anyone know at what stages will the race be if i come at around 12 noon???

To Nipple:
Can i join the last details when i register for the race? Most likely i will miss the 1st heat but will i miss the 2nd heat as well? I join the last series Tamiya race and have great fun but this time it crashed with my working days.

If the race is to be held on Sun, will the track be up on sat afternoon??

Thanx everyone for the advices.
I used to race with a friend, Ronald, I think he always had something on on Sunday morning, I think it was church? Anyway, he usually asked the organizers to put his name in the last available heat. But that meant he appeared at around 11-12 in the morning and sometimes misses one or two heats. He wasn't a bad driver so he usually manages to get into the afternoon finals. But you probably have to get your car setup sorted and trouble-free to ensure all your rushing about won't be wasted just to run one or two heats and fail to qualify.
Old 02-09-2002, 02:18 AM
r32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nipple
hi IceBerG71,
Don't worry , we can arrange for you to run the last heat ....so if you come at 12.. the most you only miss 1 round of heat .(there will be three rounds of heat).But please info Tai Sing when you register so we can do the arrangment.

For the Rim,
it is comfirm closed.
Entry forms will be out after chinese New Year...about 25 of this month.
With the restrictions, I think most people would expect to see a corresponding reduction in price of the approved race products (ie tires rims and motors).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.