Wiki Posts
Search

Sg Official Drift Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Sg Official Drift Thread!!!

There.....how's that?? lol =)

Please post your drift questions, discussions, opinions here and we'll all try to chip in and answer them for all of you =)

Let's get the ball rolling....how many of you here are RC drifters or have tried drifting before??? =)

Andrew
Old 04-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Tech Initiate

drifting using taped tyres now.....but is pvc better??? easier to control?
Old 04-11-2004, 11:53 PM

Default Of Course

Hi

Yes they are definitely the best around now. Even the japanese uses it instead of drift tyres.

Japanese are always the best, and I doubt they will do it wrongly.

LOL

Pro Japan?

Cheers

Old 04-12-2004, 01:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone using TL01's here?

Need some advise on setting up the car....

I tried using Taped tires on my 04 and 01.....very hard to maintain the drift......

need help....
Old 04-12-2004, 01:27 AM
[R]
Tech Regular

there is alot of TL-01 user here
Old 04-12-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Change to PVC piping, Tape has too much grip, it's faster than pvc, but when it takes a corner sometimes the grip takes over to o fast and the car jets forward.

As for settings, my setting for my TL-01 when I was drifting it was to have soft springs infront, and hard behind, and run a STOCK MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew
Old 04-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Initiate

will try to change to pvc...if can find a shop with the pipes.....went to 2 hardware stores around my area...all no sell pipes and i could'nt get my hands on a tamiya silver can(my car kyosho la) so got a sports tuned instead, i guess slightly less torque than stock but what the hay. as for shocks.....dun really care la....can turn sides ways why bother about the front
Old 04-14-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Time to bring up bad mojo...it's something we all can't hide from cause it's pretty obvious there's alot of talk going around....time to get things straighten so everyone can voice an opinion.

This is in no way a flaming session, please keep this post a healthy one with healthy discussion and opinions so we can all understand each other better =)

About PVC DUST!!!!!

IMHO the whole thing isn't THAT big a problem as to what many have said. I played grip on the track too, with sponge tires that kick up more dust than rubber, the car looks like it's been sugar coated(yum...lol). Despite that, it's something that can be removed in less than a minute or two with a paint brush, or strong blast with an air gun(when BK reopens and brings out the compressor again that is). If they can spend hours setting their car but are pissed with just a short moment dusting their car, I really have nothing to say...try telling this to anybody be it a RC driver or a Non-RC driver and hear what they have to say....if you can spend time dressing up nicely for a date with a girl but find it too "mafan" to zip your pants....well...

PVC dust is too fine to jam any rotating equipment(belt for example) in a car, and it's too big to enter a shielded bearing. not to mention the parts which are moving in the car don't get PVC dust on them cause their being flung away, so it's a very hard chance to get them into bearings, unlike lint and string which get sucked up by the rotating axle of the car and jam right into ur bearings. This is what I know of simple physics and logic, if anyone can correct me please do =)

As for the lost of traction, THAT I do agree that it is pretty obvious, yet I don't understand why other EP car drivers did not complain at other race tracks which Gas cars run on....oil's even more slick than pvc dust(not even PVC can ride on an a GP-infested road).

I seriously doubt BK banned GP from his track due to the fact that it looses traction, I'm pretty certain the main reason is cause it's a noise polution factor especially to the private estates uphill, noise travels upwards, it gets pretty annoying to hear a gas car go by be it in the afternoon or middle of the night.

Ofcourse we all do respect, everyone should have fun, but at the same time respect what other ppl are doing...

Like I did mention to BK before....during a race, I felt it would be best if WE Drifters do not interfere with the road conditions, and stand aside maybe a day before the race so they do not get anymore dust on the track and ruin grip driver's runs during race day itself....that's what we drifters have agreed upon(so if u see someone else messing around with a drift car on the track that day, it's definitely not one of us!! =P)...by right we can still play on the day of the race itself, but that will jsut upset everybody, and that's not what we drifters want to do.

Take not, we do grip drive as well, some of us are 1/10 grip drivers, some of us are mini Z fanatics. We've got afew who even joined TAC to race...we're all in it for the love of RC, not just drifting =)

I didn't like the way rumours spread, so i had to let it out, do voice out your opinions cause I would wanna hear what everyone has to say, I think that's the best way we can all agree on something, rather then to hear something from a friend from a friend. =)

Yep yep, well it's time to hear what others feel, grip and drift drivers alike =)

Andrew
Old 04-15-2004, 02:01 AM
Tech Addict

Sigh.. and I thought only girls like to spread rumours. No offence, I'm not sexist. Anyway, I think the drifters should exercise a little bit of 'housekeeping' no? And the grip drivers should have a slightly higher tolerancy for fellow rc'ers no?

my 2 cents
Old 04-15-2004, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Perhaps the grip drivers in question should suggest ways on how to "clean" up the track after drifting?

Also drivers who are not affected by the "loss of traction" can add in their suggestions too.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

how bout vacuum cleaners
Old 04-15-2004, 06:14 PM

Default Dust?

IMHO

The dust particles are just too fine. By the next strong wind or a good rain, it will all be washed away.

Think of it, the tarmac might seems smooth to us all from 'above', it is actually rough right?

It is like dropping your ring into the granite rocks bank along the water breakers. It will just settle in.

Due to the fact that the airflow create turbulence when the cars passes, the dust gets picks up and thrown around. Contact patch wise, it is still the same with the ground.

That's want I think, if you agrue enough, I will agree there is certain amount of grip loss, maybe 3%? Estimate?

Like Andrew mentioned, all RCer's should respect each others' interests. Take it in good faith and treat it as a setup challenge. Will make you a better driver.

Cheers

A drifter myself.

Old 04-16-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Default PVC pipes

can't seem to find pipes for my wheels leh...all the hardware shops i go to either don't sell pipes or the pipes too small......where do you normally get your pipes?? anyway around east coast got?
Old 04-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

nope
u can try Eunos...they got an industrial area there right??
u go around and see if u can buy from them 1-2 metres

then if u school got a machine saw, bring some to school to cut =)

andrew
Old 04-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

yo guys.........how do u make out the pvc tyres???? where do u guys play at?? are nitros allowed??? hehe tot of using my superten cos i got rally body and the height of chassis can go real high.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.