which is the better pro-level kit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which is the better pro-level kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default which is the better pro-level kit?

bros,

i'm currently running a gp basher, HPI RS4 3Evo+ and i'm thinking of upgrading to a pro level car kit.
which brand or model should i get?
there are the few popular ones
Mugen Seiki
Serpent
X ray
Sherperd Velox
Team Magic
i'm not to familiar with their cars and capabilities.
which brand offers the most in performance in the kit at the lowest price? as well as the cheapest in replacement and hop-up parts?

thanks,
Enrique
Old 09-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by enrique
bros,

i'm currently running a gp basher, HPI RS4 3Evo+ and i'm thinking of upgrading to a pro level car kit.
Mugen Seiki
Serpent
X ray
Sherperd Velox
Team Magic
which brand offers the most in performance in the kit at the lowest price? as well as the cheapest in replacement and hop-up parts?

thanks,
Enrique
- Kyosho rrr evo 2

parts can get from hobbybug or toykar

- Team magic G4rs / G4js

parts can get from atalon at turf city

- Mugen mtx4r

parts can get from liw at turf city

For me i think mugen will be the cheapest parts replacement follow by team magic then kyosho. As for xray i think is the most exp to maintian amount the 3 kit i stated.

if u are looking for the most in performance and at the lowest price, i will say Team Magic G4js.

above are just my 2 cent! wahahaha!
Old 10-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mugen, Xray, Kyosho or Team Magic...

u won't go wrong with either of the above. all are capable cars in capable hands.

Mugen shld be the cheapest to upkeep and xray shld be the most exp to upkeep.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Oh i got my Hpi E10 done up by them for free
----> http://imperialrc.blogspot.com

Now it drifts like any other pro chassis.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jameslow
-

if u are looking for the most in performance and at the lowest price, i will say Team Magic G4js.

above are just my 2 cent! wahahaha!

i might be biased but kyosho evo 2 is the way to go... the evo 2 kit is actually cheaper than the g4rs and runs perfect out of the box...
Old 10-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tenguku
Oh i got my Hpi E10 done up by them for free
----> http://imperialrc.blogspot.com

Now it drifts like any other pro chassis.

hello dude, read the thread properly!!, e10 is not a gas powered kit but a electric powered kit. And for your infomation, e10 is a beginer kit and it will never handle like a pro kit no matter how u build it stock from the box, and there are ready to run kits advalible which does not need building so you might be conned to get a rtr kit
Old 10-01-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by crazyrc
hello dude, read the thread properly!!, e10 is not a gas powered kit but a electric powered kit. And for your infomation, e10 is a beginer kit and it will never handle like a pro kit no matter how u build it stock from the box, and there are ready to run kits advalible which does not need building so you might be conned to get a rtr kit
hey bro, really thanks for pointing that out.. seems like some new nick is created to promote his sales.. i long find this imperialrc is pretty fishy.
seems like a one man show and does online business..
Old 10-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by katze
i might be biased but kyosho evo 2 is the way to go... the evo 2 kit is actually cheaper than the g4rs and runs perfect out of the box...
ya... u might be comparing between kyosho evo 2 with team magic g4rs.... but im stated that it is G4JS not G4RS.... hehe... G4JS only <$400 if i not wrong! ha....

cheers!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have personally tried the mugen, xray and Kyosho and like what the others said all 4 brands are competitve and in the right driver hands and proper set up can put you in the A mains. However In terms of part support I would say Xray and Kyosho got more consistent parts availability. Mugen and Team magic can only get from Turf city which both shops mostly carry the bare minimum essentials such as belts and spur gears. Even some of these are sold out at times. In my opinion Xray parts are superior in terms of quality and finishing but I find the Kyosho RRR Evo2 more forgiving to drive with the 2d clutch.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ohno
hey bro, really thanks for pointing that out.. seems like some new nick is created to promote his sales.. i long find this imperialrc is pretty fishy.
seems like a one man show and does online business..

Fyi,I m not promoting for them.I also shop at Racecraft and Bk has also helped me and so has uncle sam since i started in rc 2 months ago.This are the shops that are very helpful to me.And a good fren of mine recommended me to buy the E10 from taiseng cos he won one of the hpi compeition with that chassis.If you got problem with imperialrc that's your problem.Maybe you should go face them and tell them infront then hiding behind the computer screen.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by crazyrc

i understand what you mean.thanks.That time i had budget problem so i bought the e10 from taiseng.I don't think my friend advise is to con me into getting that.when i see people play the gas powered i also get very impressed because of it's speed and hope you guys can gimme tips on getting one and building it.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by enrique
bros,

Mugen Seiki
Serpent
X ray
Sherperd Velox
Team Magic

thanks,
Enrique

Hi,PM sent
Old 10-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tenguku
Fyi,I m not promoting for them.I also shop at Racecraft and Bk has also helped me and so has uncle sam since i started in rc 2 months ago.This are the shops that are very helpful to me.And a good fren of mine recommended me to buy the E10 from taiseng cos he won one of the hpi compeition with that chassis.If you got problem with imperialrc that's your problem.Maybe you should go face them and tell them infront then hiding behind the computer screen.
relax bro no need get so tense.First of all you post in the wrong topic and you don't have to post or ad for us,we appreciate but we din ask you to.2nd of all by insulting mr.ohno you are bringin his status level down.We are sure Mr.Ohno is gentleman enough to make arrangement to meet us to see if there's 1man show or 10 man show.Relax relax.He is not our compeition.Our compeition is at the kallang MPT race on 2nd Nov 2008 at carpark F.We have important things to concentrate with real cars then threads like this.If he has doubts about us he can find us with our car displayed with ImperialRC graphics on that very day.Chill bro,Jangan tension,small issue.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

sometimes it's better to stay out of harm's way.
got nothing constructive to say, just enjoy reading the thread lah..

sometimes people post innocently w/o knowing the difference btw ep and gp, just correct them in a nice manner and everything's fine..

no use saying this fella start a new nick to promote this that etc..
to each their own.
we got better things to do right?

poor enrique, just wanted to get opinion on gp cars.
instead this thread sidetracked from changi to tuas..

anyway, this kinda topic(cum argument) is prevalent the forums.
there will always be people saying brand X is better than brand Y is better than brand Z..

to me, all the brands mentioned are capable of winning the world championships.
that's how good touring cars are nowadays.

to me, most impt is parts support.
no use having a car and not able to run it cos got no spares for it..

my advice, go down to turf city and see what the guys are running. got any questions can ask them also.
if still unsure, get a 2nd hand one and try it out yourself.
there are many good condition ones in the 'stuffs-for-sale' thread.
still not happy, sell it off and get another brand..

lastly, don't flame me k?