Old 07-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Good for drifting huh?
Old 07-26-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ghostfit

Only negative I found was the darn SLOPPY steering of the stock setup ...makes the car inconsistant when you punch down the straights ...sometimes pull left, sometimes pull right !

....real test tomorrow ! ...hope the weather holds !
are you using the kit servo saver? if so, then probably that's what making you look like a drunk driver down the straight...
toss it into the dustbin and go get a hi-tork servo saver set from tamiya..
Old 07-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by alana07
are you using the kit servo saver? if so, then probably that's what making you look like a drunk driver down the straight...
toss it into the dustbin and go get a hi-tork servo saver set from tamiya..
Nah ! ...the hi-tork servo saver wouldn't help, ...I'm running Hitec HSC-6965 servo, those tamiya horns dun fit very well ...1st knock only and they'll skip a teeth ! ...wish Tamiya would include servos horns that will fit Hitec. ...all the other major RC car manufacturer has aredi done it ...ie: HPI, Associated, Team Losi, X-Ray, etc.

Anyway, ...ran the car at the Pit lane races last sunday ! ...and now I'm pleased as punch ! ...believe I've found my new favourite car
Old 07-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So how did you get around the sloppy steering?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

You'll only feel the sloppy steering when your car is moving off from stationary or running very slowly, it seems to wander left or right by itself.

Once powered, the front wheels will pull towards toe in and remove much of the slop ...well enough of it to make it drivable/raceable anyway !

The TB03 ball bearing Alu steering and CF steering plate hopups is #1 on my 'to do' TB03 list !!!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

You'll only feel the sloppy steering when your car is moving off from stationary or running very slowly, it seems to wander left or right by itself.

Once powered, the front wheels will pull towards toe in and remove much of the slop ...well enough of it to make it drivable/raceable anyway !

The TB03 ball bearing Alu steering and CF steering plate hopups is #1 on my 'to do' TB03 list !!!
perhaps what you experienced was not sloppy steering issue but torque-steer? common problem for shaft driven cars.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

This isn't my first shafty car ...and besides, torque steer always pulls the car to one side, not randomly left or right.

As I've mentioned before, it is only at very slow speed that you'll feel the steering imprecision, once the car gets going, it sorta disappears.

...actually, even belt drive cars has torque steer ! ...anyone remember the HPI Pro3 ? ...lovely car with batteries in the centre, but with anything lower than a 9T ...it pulls to the left when you floor the throttle !
Old 07-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ghostfit.
is the steering coloumn of the tb03 the same as the ta05?

what have you changed so far?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

This isn't my first shafty car ...and besides, torque steer always pulls the car to one side, not randomly left or right.

As I've mentioned before, it is only at very slow speed that you'll feel the steering imprecision, once the car gets going, it sorta disappears.

...actually, even belt drive cars has torque steer ! ...anyone remember the HPI Pro3 ? ...lovely car with batteries in the centre, but with anything lower than a 9T ...it pulls to the left when you floor the throttle !
next time, please dont drink and drive....not even with your toy cars ok!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KELVIN KHNG
ghostfit.
is the steering coloumn of the tb03 the same as the ta05?

what have you changed so far?
Totally different ! ...otherwise those alu steering arms would have disappear from my 05 too !

List of changes to the stock TB03 IFS Kit

1) TRF Shocks
2) Alu Suspension mounts 1B-1XC / 1XD-1B
3) 46mm Front and rear Universal CVD
4) Alu Turnbuckes
5) CF reinforced TRF416 arms (short)
6) CF reinforced TRF416 steering kunckles and rear upright
7) CF reinforced IFS C-hub

Originally Posted by alana07
next time, please dont drink and drive....not even with your toy cars ok!!!
Actually, just before the mains ...I down a whole bottle of RED BULL !!! ...and drove with extra aggro !!!
Old 08-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

The steering assembly is the worst part of this car. It is unbelievable that Tamiya allowed such slop in the steering. It's just reeking "buy the alum steering when it comes out" to me.
The problem lies with the flange pipe that connects the arm to the rack. The pipe plays around there as if you put the wrong part in.
I fixed it by CAing the flange in, press them out, and carving the CA off the plastic side until you get the right tolerances. But do this at your own risk. I now have a steering that is pretty tight, MUCH better than how it was before.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Guys I ordered mine today, cant wait...please answer a couple questions for me

1. The aluminum hinge pin holders (forgot the term) with all the options of 1x / 1E and all that...what degrees of toe do they equal? I'm sure they are in the manual as option parts but I fugure some of you are already running them so there ya go.

2. What gears are you guys running? I plan on running 13.5/Lipo...any help is appreciated.

Paul
Old 08-17-2008, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Herc Driver
Guys I ordered mine today, cant wait...please answer a couple questions for me

1. The aluminum hinge pin holders (forgot the term) with all the options of 1x / 1E and all that...what degrees of toe do they equal? I'm sure they are in the manual as option parts but I fugure some of you are already running them so there ya go.

2. What gears are you guys running? I plan on running 13.5/Lipo...any help is appreciated.

Paul
the standard suspension mounts that come with the kit are:
front : 1A/1A = 0deg toe
rear : 1XA/1D = 2.5deg toe in
Old 08-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Edit: ....double post.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

The stock kit's mount are plastic too !

Due to a lack of setups available (It's a very new car afterall !) I've opt to go with MS's TA05 setup:

front : 1B/1XC = 2.5deg toe out (Actual wheels toe out of 1deg after adjusting steering rods links)
rear : 1XD/1B = 3deg toe in

Seems to work well !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.