Nitro car forum

Old 08-25-2001, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Cool Nitro car forum

Just bought a second hand 1/8 buggy. Still in good condition. Maybe will joint the next buggy race.
Old 08-27-2001, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Rose,

the next race is in KL, Futaba Cup. You want you can join us. Register at any one of the LHS the race is held over two days. 8th and 9th September
Old 08-27-2001, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks viper 1. Kuala Lumpur is to much far for me. If it's at Kelantan Lane for sure I'll enter. Actually I was banned from racing outside Singapore by my wife due to the previous JB race which I reached home quite late.
Old 08-28-2001, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

a) Bring her along?
b) Get her a touring car/buggy/mini/monster truck?

~Alvin
Old 08-28-2001, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

She used to accompany me few years back whenever ther's a race but since we had kids, she stop doing that. Meaning's better stay at home play with kids. Scared our kids skin will become dark like me. hehehehe
Old 08-29-2001, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone know the result of the previous buggy race at CCK park? And also the car they used. If so could u kindly post it here. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2001, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

kenny Chua won again ...who else could it be ... he already known as Buggy god liao

Originally posted by Rose Money
Anyone know the result of the previous buggy race at CCK park? And also the car they used. If so could u kindly post it here. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2001, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Just now I went to try my 1/8 buggy at Toa Payoh. Means it was my 1st nitro car. What a fantastic car to play with. I love to see my whole car covered with muds (rain just stopped) bouncing here and there. It's reminds me 10 yrs back where I played 1/10 electric buggy at Kebun Bahru CC. Compared with touring nitro which I'd tried using other people cars at MS, I felt that 1/8 buggy is much easier to handle.
Melvin, thanks for ur tips and advised. The spare tyres ur gave me, works very well on wet surface. It's worth buying ur car. Also thanks to Danny Png (if I'm not mistaken) who had help me while I'm having a problem with my steering servo last Saturday. Now I'd changed the servo.
Maybe I'll be playing again this Saturday at the same time. Hopefully to see u again.
Old 09-06-2001, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Is there any buggy race for this month?
Old 09-06-2001, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Have fun !

Glad you enjoy it! But I really didn't think you would have played in the mud. Yes, the tyres I gave you, especially the mini spike ones are very useful for certain surface. Now I beginning to miss it a little already .....

OK, you have fun ...how about Monster truck together someday ?

Originally posted by Rose Money
Just now I went to try my 1/8 buggy at Toa Payoh. Means it was my 1st nitro car. What a fantastic car to play with. I love to see my whole car covered with muds (rain just stopped) bouncing here and there. It's reminds me 10 yrs back where I played 1/10 electric buggy at Kebun Bahru CC. Compared with touring nitro which I'd tried using other people cars at MS, I felt that 1/8 buggy is much easier to handle.
Melvin, thanks for ur tips and advised. The spare tyres ur gave me, works very well on wet surface. It's worth buying ur car. Also thanks to Danny Png (if I'm not mistaken) who had help me while I'm having a problem with my steering servo last Saturday. Now I'd changed the servo.
Maybe I'll be playing again this Saturday at the same time. Hopefully to see u again.
Old 09-07-2001, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry, I don't have Monster truck. What i had is electric 4X4X4 monster truck. I'm going to play my buggy again this Saturday @11am if it's not raining. If u r free, why not bring ur monster truck and join me.
Old 09-27-2001, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, I saw a new TG10R at Winnie's place yesterday and I'm interested in it. Before getting that stuff, I need some questions and advise from u guys as I'm new in nitro.

1) What do u guys think about that car?
2) Is it comparable with V one R and Mugen?
3) What is the diff. between rear and side exshaust engine?
4) What engine should I get for that car (side exshaust engine) and the price?
5) How much does the exshaust and manifold (s type) cost?
6) Does it worth to buy it or should I get another car? Please recommend.

I want a car that is good, tough and of course the spare parts that easy to get. Thank in advance.
Old 09-28-2001, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Rose money,
yes I think it is a good kit to buy, and since u have Tb-Evo, most of the plastic parts are same and like TB-evo kit.....no hop-ups.
Parts will be coming soon.
Comparing the price with V-one-S/R or mugen or yok, I think this kit is the most value for money.
And I had Built one for a friend ......and try it with the stock seting, I must said I it is not a bad car.

As for engine...usually rear exhast engine would be better than a side....but some kits like TG10R can only use side.
But unless U play at places like P.A. ....rear or side would not make too much a difference. But the pipe and engine timing make a lot of difference.

I had try OS 12cvr, Nova c-12 , RB c-12 and nova mega sx-12.
most powerful is RB but most driveable at carparks would be OS.
Nova-rossi's TP-02 pipe I find it good and can buy the team-magic TG10 mainfold from rotor.(All this is my personal op.)

Price I cannot comment much engine $220-$280 pipe $69 mainfold $19

Lastly, there is a tamiya gas car race on 28 oct
hope to see u there.
Old 09-28-2001, 10:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Rose Money: Get the Yokomo GT-4W with the kit engine...this engine is comparable in power with the CV-R and the whole kit costs about $550-the best value for your $$$!!

Ask chris if you dun believe but of cos he is just a little bit bias!!

And dun worry about parts...chris stocks all the essential ones and you should see the amount of aluminium hop-ups available for this car!! just as well supported (by after-market manufacturers) as the V-1-R!!
Old 09-28-2001, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yup....
A lot of hop-ups = A lot of $$$$
and I also feel too much metal parts make the car heavier = slower.
but those car need the metal parts like chassis brace and if i'm not wrong cost about $100
but TG10R is design to reduce the need of those metal parts.

Lastly I think the best person to talk to is julien cos he is the only one i know that have Serpent impulse, V-one-r, TG10R.......

But he is now in Thailand taking part in the Tamiya Asian-Cup together with Kelvin khng and Alvin Koh. Will be back on monday nite.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.