Wiki Posts
Search

HKSdrifter sell me a dead IB4200

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Default HKSdrifter sell me a dead IB4200

Hi Guys

Bought a IB4200 from a student who go by the forum name of HKSdrifter (Ian 98773237) for $40.

The transaction was conducted by the roadside of his Dover Rd Condo and he told me that I need to cycle a few time before I could use, there is no way to test the battery.

Went home to try, there's no punch compare to my other IB4200 and GP3300, after cycling about 3 time it when flat even before I could put in my car.

When contact him, he said I should have check it with a multimeter and my car "ON THE SPOT", I have no idea what his talking about.

This student refuse to be responsible and admit his fault.

What happened to the battery and what can I do??
Old 01-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hughlim
Hi Guys

Bought a IB4200 from a student who go by the forum name of HKSdrifter (Ian 98773237) for $40.

The transaction was conducted by the roadside of his Dover Rd Condo and he told me that I need to cycle a few time before I could use, there is no way to test the battery.

Went home to try, there's no punch compare to my other IB4200 and GP3300, after cycling about 3 time it when flat even before I could put in my car.

When contact him, he said I should have check it with a multimeter and my car "ON THE SPOT", I have no idea what his talking about.

This student refuse to be responsible and admit his fault.

What happened to the battery and what can I do??
Bro,
There are reasons why people sell their packs for that price. Most of it because it doesn't bring the performance when it was new. So you get for what you paid for. Nonetheless, try charge your batts at 6A, measure the voltage and record. Then put on your car and accelerate with load for about 2-3sec. Take the batts out and measure the voltage again. If it comes down to sub 7v, then I think the batts has no punch already. Not sure if you can deep discharge and charge could revive the batts. Some of my IB can, but 2-3 out of the 6 cells normally gone. GP batts last longer when in comes to 'punch' aka high voltage. Capacity is the other thing.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

actually i think $40 is a fair price to pay for a working condition one. its not like super cheap, considering that the new price is less than 60SGD at some online sites
Old 01-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey thanks guys

I expected its performence to drop due to the fact tt it's not new, dnt expect it to go flat after charge.

Hv an ex14 charger but dnt know it will work, i'll try to bring down to bk and ask ppl for help.

Anyway, it's my luck.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hughlim
Hey thanks guys

I expected its performence to drop due to the fact tt it's not new, dnt expect it to go flat after charge.

Hv an ex14 charger but dnt know it will work, i'll try to bring down to bk and ask ppl for help.

Anyway, it's my luck.
EX14 or EX14pro, only the pro version can charge nimh, IB4200 is nimh
Old 01-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Bro, just be careful when purchasing stuff from students, i kena from students also. I am not saying all students are bad.

But sad to say some has no sense of responsibility, i am wondering what will become of them when they bring this kind of habit into the working society.

This kind of student better dun come work under me when they graduate or i will make sure they become famous in the industry i am in

Becareful of those Rich brat especially, i encounter 1 who can change name just to fake the deal man. pui.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My advice dun get 2nd hand batt. I got 3 packs from a bro here b4 but also same thing no power so i call the bro cannot use and he just refund the money to me, thumbs up, BTW he is not a student, he is a responsible steady working adult.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys,
Before this thread turns really ugly, pls keep your comments outside this public forum. The community is not big, word of mouth will just do. As long as we are aware of the risk with buying used item here or ebay, ultimately it is your judgement.

So, we should cool off here and hope to have a good bashing sessions with the bros here in meets, RCI, Turf City or marine parade.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Not to overturn the boat with one stick. But i did encounter bad experiences with students before; or shall i say minors under 21.

It has to do with the level of maturity and social responsibility they have.

They can cheat once but what will they learn from it. Will such mentality survive in the working society? Good luck.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey!!!

Many thanks to you all my good brothers, that's the support I really need now.

The $40 is not alot to us the working class it's just the feeling of being taken for a ride that is bad.

Anyway I'll just let it go and not let this incident dampen my enthusiasm for this wonderful hobby.

Thanks again.

P.s. sstee88, I'm using EX14 pro, thanks.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emperor9148
Not to overturn the boat with one stick. But i did encounter bad experiences with students before; or shall i say minors under 21.

It has to do with the level of maturity and social responsibility they have.

They can cheat once but what will they learn from it. Will such mentality survive in the working society? Good luck.
Lots of bad eggs out there, have to be careful, i think recently there's one student who traded a very badly damaged kyosho kit off?
Old 01-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

don't condempt all the students le, not all are bad, some that i have dealed with are nice people and sell good things,maybe is because i haven met with the bad ones yet...

elispe, you are also a student what, that guy who sold a bend tf5 is also another problematic guy, change chassis faster then i change the wear and tear parts in my car
Old 01-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ahseng
don't condempt all the students le, not all are bad, some that i have dealed with are nice people and sell good things,maybe is because i haven met with the bad ones yet...

elispe, you are also a student what, that guy who sold a bend tf5 is also another problematic guy, change chassis faster then i change the wear and tear parts in my car

So are you
But i don't think neither of us encountered any problems selling our stuffs before.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I advice not to buy batts 2nd hand. Just my few cents of advice.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default recondition them

hey bro, sad to hear yr story. if u'd like me to try, I can cycle yr battry to see if they can be at least savlaged. I've 'revived' some of my older battery on my Schultze charger. I live in Bishan area u can drop them off & collect next day. It'll take a few hours...

can't promise miracles but at least can try

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.