HKSdrifter sell me a dead IB4200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKSdrifter sell me a dead IB4200

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:12 AM

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

no offence to anyone whatsoever he didnt let me know till like 2 weeks after?
i mean if like anyone one for you sold a battery then 2 weeks later this guy says the battery can't work and wants to refund lets say maybe 2-3 from the day of dealing i would gladly refund you full amount take pick up at your convience since it was mine fault, but 2 weeks? is not fair to me.

and this has nothing to do with i am a student or not.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

buying new stuffs got maximum 7 days trade in warranty with the shop i think
Old 01-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HKSdrifter
no offence to anyone whatsoever he didnt let me know till like 2 weeks after?
i mean if like anyone one for you sold a battery then 2 weeks later this guy says the battery can't work and wants to refund lets say maybe 2-3 from the day of dealing i would gladly refund you full amount take pick up at your convience since it was mine fault, but 2 weeks? is not fair to me.

and this has nothing to do with i am a student or not.
It's another chicken and egg thing lar, 1 gonna say chicken first, the other say eggs first.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

From a neutral standpoint, 2 weeks is def a tad too long for the buyer to revert that the batt are DEAD(note: keyword is DEAD). Imho, for 2nd hand stuff transactions, the onus is really on the buyer to test out the stuff asap. If it works, case closed. If it doesn't, feedback & get a full refund asap. During the span of 2 weeks, lots of things may happen which only the buyer n seller knows best. Either the batt is oredi in a faulty condition when sold which eventually leads to the demise of the batt OR something cock-up with the charging process, short-circuited the batts, etc etc. Too many possibilities to list. These are the risks involved when dealing with 2nd hand stuff, esp so for electronics.

note: personally, i do not know either the buyer and seller, just voicing my personal opinions.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default IB 4200

i agree not all student, am lucky can say i bought most of my stuff for RC tech.I have meet very nice Bro.. i thinks its just your luck,, Even we change car batt in the work shop. some time we get some crap batt,
At least you guys settle it in a nice way not to bad mouth each other.
This community is small so let it end here.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You buy something second hand you have to prepare to risk misunderstandings ... If this is your first time trading on forums ... then it would be wise to understand your rights as a buyer from fellow members and learn the common way buyers and sellers work out.

And yes, two weeks is a long time ... but in theory, it depends on the seller whether he wants to give personal insurance. He also cannot give too much as he also have to protect himself if like say the buyer is dishonest.

At the same the seller at least have to give in some "trial period" to let the buyer understands that the equipment he bought works ... if not later get con by the seller also disadvantage.

Unless he promised you two weeks of warranty, then you can debate on that.

In short, when buying second-hand stuffs, know your rights and limits. No point arguing over something when one side fulfill their agreement while another side did not. Also understand that you pay what you get.

Oh yes I am a student.

edit : seller change to buyer

Last edited by RaVeMaSter_VaN; 01-07-2008 at 04:40 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

i think next time on buying / selling stuffs when during the trade the buyer would like set a certain limit of days for warranty.

2ndly, testing of product on the spot.

like once i bought a tx from some guy, i tested it on the spot, and till now which is like mths later its still working no problem.

btw the tx i bought is from a student.

and i myself is also a student.

except not a young student.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bryson
I advice not to buy batts 2nd hand. Just my few cents of advice.
hi, were you the bryson in sgdrifters that traded a chassis with flaw and didn't tell the buyer until the whole matter has blown up? Just asking....
Old 01-07-2008, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

duh. but case is over already. dont bring it up again.zzz
Old 01-07-2008, 03:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default urm guys

URm not siding with anyone or anybody but just telling the truth..
hmm not sidin anyone hah but giving some points ...i bought items frm ian and no flaws thats all...hah great seller..btw hmm sorry but im just telin the truth.. urm about the dead battery...can still be revived back to life? like doing cycles...thanks guy posting here for just posting here not siding anyone.. btw i noe im not a good byer myself
Old 01-07-2008, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

2 weeks is indeed long.

But personally, i went back to Stargek about 2 months after i bought a charger when i had problems. Reason being i was overseas for 5 weeks and did not have time to go down to stargek.

Gerald was nice nonethless and repaired my charger.

That said i am not standing on anyone's side. What i meant that commercial establishments will be more willing to accomodate valid returns and its a risk to buy pre-owned.

Be prepared to accept some defects and caveat emptor.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:52 AM

Default -.-

so basically what you guys is saying is
-test on the spot
-set a trial period

but he did none, then after 2 weeks he come after me so actually is not my fault
hughlim please think about it if u would have told me like 2-3 days after u got it from me i would gadly refund you but 2 weeks is practically unfair.

think about it...
Old 01-07-2008, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by ahseng
hi, were you the bryson in sgdrifters that traded a chassis with flaw and didn't tell the buyer until the whole matter has blown up? Just asking....
lol ahseng he already got what he deserved, now it depends on how he wants to change
Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

The moral of the lesson for you HKSdrifter, is to be careful with how you answer people on forum. Don't just shoot your mouth off just cos you angry. You end up looking like an unethical asshole with really screwed-up attitude.

I still can't believe you challenge people to see how you drive on the track and see whether they still think you are a kid. Your rc driving skills don't make you a better person dude. There are other important things that people judge you by like honesty and character.

Even if really you sold a working battery and even if the buyer spoilt the battery himself, you should settle the problem before it lands here in public forum.

But actually, based on all your postings regarding this matter, you still look like you suspected or knew that the battery was dead.

By now, it looks like you are the one who has lost the most here. $40 dollars is nothing for the buyer. But your bad reputation will last a long time and cost you even more than $40.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Default The Truth

Hi guys

Thanks for all the comments, I'm very sorry if I offended any other student out there, I'm just saying his a student and nothing else, really not all students are bad.

The reason why I kept quiet is bcos I wanted to see how he reacts.

Truth is it was about a week when I get back to him, I remember that becos the deal day is my off day. I spend the whole week after work trying to cycle the battery as I was told but realise that it could not be revived.

I waited 2 more days for him to reply but got non, so I post a msg on the sell forum just below his adv. When he finally reply he said that it has been a mth so I urgued it's only a week, but now his saying two weeks.

This person (not all other student) is truely a very dishonest person.

His use of words shows what kind of up bringing he has and make this an example for all good student all there not to follow.

I'm going to keep quiet again and see how he reacts. Care to joint me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.