Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new racing class for CCK !pan touring!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default new racing class for CCK !pan touring!

Salutations Earthlings!
a new class of racing is being planned for CCK!
for all you tamiya f103, corally CCT,associated L3T, CRC Pantoura, cross fireforce owners
don't sell your cars just yet! there will be a new class of racing at CCK! it will be open class,no limit on motorsbushed or brushless...>, tires<foam tires can be used>.
races will be run for 8 min. ,max 6 cells cells can be used , no min weight limit. touring type body must be used<no GTP style or sports car, but open to 4 door or 2 door>...details to be available<this is meant to be a low cost, high speed racing class, which should appeal to everyone>
for more info abt this new and exciting class, or if you need spares to dust off your tamiya f103 or get a spanking new crc pantoura,please contact BK @ Chi Long Trading....
Old 06-02-2003, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Yo FOAMPERVERT!

So when will the race begins? what do you mean by GTP style and sports car body can't be used? how to differentiate between 4 door or 2 door touring type body and that? Please help! Blur liao! what about the CRC that i just bought from BK? can that kit be used?

BTW, wednesday morning free boh? going RM to play car. wanna join us? That big guy running in his new 1/8 engine leh.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

go RM run in 1/8 engine?!?!

Sure bo??
Old 06-02-2003, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Just run in only. main thing there is 1/12. over there, noisy also nevermind mah.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Default this is a 1/10 pan / touring class

Salutations Earthlings!
this event will be a 1/10th scale pan car based touring class. its meant to be just as competitive as normal touring cars yet still remaining highly affordable.
i'm sure you realise that you don't get much motor or parts wear with a pan car<esp on a carpet track.>and the cars are light and durable<most are at least...>and besides, if you already have one of those sitting around gathering dust, wouldn't it be better if you could actually drive it?
-FP
Old 06-02-2003, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

no GTP
Old 06-02-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Default it will be unfair...

Salutations Earthlings!
if we allow GTP, some people may use the 235mm class pan cars which have a decided edge over the f103s and other 200mm wide cars.maybe we can include GTP but only if car width is not more than 200mm.
but i don't think that many people own GTP type cars.
what do you think?
-FP
Old 06-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Thats a good idea. maybe limit the width to 200. Many of us have the f103s like me but difficulty is mounting a sedan body. I am sure its easier with gtp body since many of us have it.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

Hi

just a suggestion...why not an open pancar class...let everyone run anything they want....as i see the main rules are 2WD chassis as motor(brush or brushless)/cells(4 or 6) are open...and also the main intention to keep racing cost low just let them run what they want or maybe what they have currently i've read somewhere that there's even F103 running against 10th scale pancar...just a thought though...might be fun to look at diferent scale(F1/12th/10th/Pantouring/maybe a 6wheeler) running together eyeing for the top spot..LOL
Old 06-02-2003, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Default no touring?

Salutations Earthlings!
no touring?
i only suggested that as it is wayyyyyyyy easier to get replacement bodies for your cars.in the case of a scrap up.
gtp bodies are notoriously hard to get in singapore.we need to make the class seriously easy to run. easy on batts, motors, esc , car, body. that way, more people will be interested once they see how fast pan cars can get. i think it shouldn't be too difficult to install long body post on your cars... i mean someone < you know who...nudge nudge>has even converted a f103 to 12th scale. and that was quite a feat.
i have a friend with an assciated L3T with a volvo shell and no one can touch him at rcs.
-FP
think economics. i think the LHS will thank us for not forcing them to bring in new class of bodies.....
Old 06-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

HaHaHa you know him too? I used to race with him at rcs. Great fun. Why not let pple use the body they choose be it touring or gtp. Then it will be like a Lemans 24hr with sedan and prototype cars running together.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:15 AM
Tech Champion

Yo... stop tokking about me behind my back... no wonder i keep sneezing today...

Old 06-03-2003, 04:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Finsy
Hi

just a suggestion...why not an open pancar class...let everyone run anything they want....as i see the main rules are 2WD chassis as motor(brush or brushless)/cells(4 or 6) are open...and also the main intention to keep racing cost low just let them run what they want or maybe what they have currently i've read somewhere that there's even F103 running against 10th scale pancar...just a thought though...might be fun to look at diferent scale(F1/12th/10th/Pantouring/maybe a 6wheeler) running together eyeing for the top spot..LOL
AGREE WITH YOU FINSY!!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up pan car race

hmm... if its pan car open race, maybe i can revive my old
Associated 10L and join the race.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

Default Pan Car Revival!

Hope to see a revival of pan cars. I think those who
are interested in racing with pan cars, should come
together and help to make this revival come true.
Any suggestions anyone?