Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bearings for OS TZ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 05:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Bearings for OS TZ?

anyone noe where can get bearings for os TZ?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

can try toykar at bt timah shopping center...
Old 10-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone knows the exact bearing size of these bearings? ID? OD? Width? Went thorough the spare lists from O.S it seems that the TZ are running the same bearings as the CV and the CV-R...
Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by horizon644
Anyone knows the exact bearing size of these bearings? ID? OD? Width? Went thorough the spare lists from O.S it seems that the TZ are running the same bearings as the CV and the CV-R...
i think it's a funny size bearing... they usually do this so that you can't buy them from a bearing shop... the id is usually in mm (eg12/13/14/14.5mm). but it's the od that's the headache (eg 25.4/25.8mm)... i know the 0.21VZB shared the same bearings as the RB engines... not sure about the 0.12 size though. can try to ask sam at hobbylink if the RB bearings will fit...

of course, if have the original ones from toykar is easier that way...

2 cents...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maikaitan
i think it's a funny size bearing... they usually do this so that you can't buy them from a bearing shop... the id is usually in mm (eg12/13/14/14.5mm). but it's the od that's the headache (eg 25.4/25.8mm)... i know the 0.21VZB shared the same bearings as the RB engines... not sure about the 0.12 size though. can try to ask sam at hobbylink if the RB bearings will fit...

of course, if have the original ones from toykar is easier that way...

2 cents...
I think what you are refering to is the tolerance of these bearings. Unless its a patented bearing of a different size, or not it should be available. The Matrix and TZ bearings are not of the same size and apparently there isn't any available at toykar. Anyone knows the exact size of the bearings?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by horizon644
I think what you are refering to is the tolerance of these bearings. Unless its a patented bearing of a different size, or not it should be available. The Matrix and TZ bearings are not of the same size and apparently there isn't any available at toykar. Anyone knows the exact size of the bearings?
hi,

the measurements of the bearings are not tolerances (eg. 25.8mm).. they are exact bearing size in od... tolerances for bearings are in microns, not a tenth of a mm... getting a 25mm or a 26mm from a bearing shop will not fit... i'm not sure if they can 'patent' a bearing measurement, but it's done delibrately so that other normal size bearings cannot fit... can drop by a bearing shop to find out more...

sorry that i didn't answer the last question as i really do not know the measurements of the bearings...

2 cents...

thanks.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

To get at least a figure about the OD of the bearing, open the rear cover of the engine then measure the internal diameter of the rear part of crankcase, as maikaitan said the id of bearing can be measured by measuring the OD of crankshaft.

just my 2cents....:-)
Old 10-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here you go guys..

OS 12 TZ
Internal Bearing = 12(ID) X 21(OD) X 5(W)
Front Bearing = 7(ID) X 17(OD) X 5(W)

Hobbylink is selling the RB V12 front bearing which can be used for this engine as well but i'm not sure for the internal..

Last edited by OrAnGe PoWeR; 10-24-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

where can i find bearings shops here?

anyone has a list of bearings shops?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maikaitan
hi,

the measurements of the bearings are not tolerances (eg. 25.8mm).. they are exact bearing size in od... tolerances for bearings are in microns, not a tenth of a mm... getting a 25mm or a 26mm from a bearing shop will not fit... i'm not sure if they can 'patent' a bearing measurement, but it's done delibrately so that other normal size bearings cannot fit... can drop by a bearing shop to find out more...

sorry that i didn't answer the last question as i really do not know the measurements of the bearings...

2 cents...

thanks.
Hi there,

thanks for the answers! Appreciated. Novarossi came out with a patented bearing for its .12 size engine. check out there 3SCT series...

Cheers!

Aaron