Wiki Posts
Search

Holidays are here....

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Default Holidays are here....

Yo SG racers/drivers,
Any lurkers/peeps around the west area who visit Yuan ching track, why not get together and play?

My holidays finally here can go to yuan ching track and around singapore

Hear from ya.

~Alvin

PS: My car's in my sig, so you'll know it's me at yuan ching!
Old 12-17-2001, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

i see ur Evo6 body shells. i also a fan of Mitsubishi cars but there is no 190mm body shell for eclipse by HPI. Anyway, the Lancer cover comes with a wing.is this wing suitable for racing??? i bought a TB01 Lancer version and it always overturns during cornering. that was sometimes back when i am still a newbie. later isaw a lot of dodge during race and bought one to play. that type of wing seems better during cornering. Just curious if u drove ur Evo6 to race or not..is it gd?

Thanx
Old 12-17-2001, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

i see ur Evo6 body shells. i also a fan of Mitsubishi cars but there is no 190mm body shell for eclipse by HPI. Anyway, the Lancer cover comes with a wing.is this wing suitable for racing??? i bought a TB01 Lancer version and it always overturns during cornering. that was sometimes back when i am still a newbie. later isaw a lot of dodge during race and bought one to play. that type of wing seems better during cornering. Just curious if u drove ur Evo6 to race or not..is it gd?

Thanx
Old 12-17-2001, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Thanx
Old 12-17-2001, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Hi IceberG

I think the over-turning is cause by the High CG of the Tamiya EVO bodyshell rather than the effects of a better wing. Tamiya shells are beautifully made and the shape, details are very well admired. But it suffers from over weight problem, which also makes the car CG higher.

Dodge Stratus are better for technical speedway track because it' lighter and lower CG. Unless you set you chassis very low and use a not so grippy tires, you should over come the (turn turtle) problems. hehehe

Wah, Alvin ..... holiday huh? So can practise everyday lor .... we have to work leh .. aiyo. Still driving the TA04 ? Found a good setting for the track already? What tyre is good there?
Old 12-18-2001, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by IceBerG71
Just curious if u drove ur Evo6 to race or not..is it gd?

Hi!
No, basically the evo 6 is for bashing around. Alot of "similar" car around the track and since I'm here for the fun I got my favourite cover to bash around
Old 12-18-2001, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Kasey
Wah, Alvin ..... holiday huh? So can practise everyday lor .... we have to work leh .. aiyo. Still driving the TA04 ? Found a good setting for the track already? What tyre is good there?
Yah, have to catch up with u old birds what! But cannot lah, every day go down how can, must clean and setup car one leh Anyhow my school starts on the 7th must make the best of 3 weeks.

I'm still driving my 04. Yes, I do have a pretty good (IMHO) setup for yuan ching, but come and see me drive leh and tell me if the setup is actually good or not. No one to time me

I play at night usually, Type-As, Sorex 28, 32 (medium inserts) all work. Express radials also work, though they wear real fast
Needless to say foam works excellently there, nearly all the impulses I see there all foams. www.cannotcatchthem.com

Come over some night and play with me!
Old 12-18-2001, 04:43 AM
GKC
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

U interested in joining me at hobby bug this saturday?
Old 12-18-2001, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Saturday? What time? I think I won't mind heading down (and get oily again). But I won't be able to stay long - only 4 batteries. Lemme know!

Regards,
Alvin
Old 12-18-2001, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

BTW, what motor are you guys playing there? Modified or Stock? Lemme know in advance. I got 3 motors, Johnson 540 stock, Yok 23T stock and 14x2.

~Alvin
Old 12-18-2001, 06:36 AM
GKC
Tech Addict

bring either your 23T or 14T. will confirm the time on friday night

Kasey, you and your buddy going down 4 EP touring or not?
Old 12-18-2001, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Recommended tire choice?
Old 12-18-2001, 06:53 AM
GKC
Tech Addict

xpress narrows, try my setup there.
Old 12-18-2001, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

ok, I bring my express, but mine is the normal width on. Hope u don't mind I try my personal setup first
Old 12-18-2001, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

the yuan ching track that u all are talking abt, is it the Speedway track at Jurong??

I been to the Jurong track before once with my fren. after play, there is a layer of grease all over the car, have to clean up after that. anyway, there seems to be a track mostly be gas cars cos after we play, there are other racers with their gas cars training for the upcoming events the other time. We did not play with them cos gas cars seems more rugged than electric cars. so after seeing them in action, we left the track.

Thanx guys for the info of solving the overturning of the car. i will take note of it.

Alvin, u use the Evo6 cover for bashing.... what u meant by bashing??? that means evo6 cover is not gd for race as compared to dodge??

Thanx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.