Help On Mad Force...THIS TRUCK IS Really A Pain!!!!Please Help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help On Mad Force...THIS TRUCK IS Really A Pain!!!!Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry Help On Mad Force!!!Please Help!!!

I need help on the stupid dog bone!!!Its always dropping...and the steering can't really steer well...and the engine leaks too...ANYONE out there can help to make it run better?? It's really a lousy RC experience...The truck its like falling apart. I think Kyosho has invented a lemon...Really lousy and headache...Should have bought the Dominator from orchard plaza...I wonder should I dump it???!!!

Last edited by Joe Boxer; 05-18-2003 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-18-2003, 02:11 AM

The mad force ah is a heavy duty truck u know. So i suggets u use a threadlocking compound la to ensure the no screws come out. U can actually go to marina rc shop 'hobbybug' there coz they help fix n tune monster trucks by kyosho. They r indeed a help. Just make sure u dun leave the car there or they charge u overnight fee.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

The popping dog bones can be solved by using the IFW 45 universal shafts and the MAW0030 extended drive cup.
You will also have to apply what is known and the turnbuckle trick.

you will need 4 turnbuckles of about 10 cm each. Mount these turnbuckles along the arms so that the plastic arms will not bend. The bones will pop because the plastic arms will bend and flex, in turn popping the bones out. You will have to make small holes for the screws to mount the balls joints.

The steering a alittle wobbly so you will need to upgrade to the alu steering cranks. The wheel will not turn when the car is stationary. Don't expect it to do so as the linkage will not allow it to do so. If the engine leaks from the front bearing there is nothing you can do. If it leak anywhere else, you will just have to apply sillicon gasket filler to the joints. . That will solve most leaks.

Hope this helps
Old 05-18-2003, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by twerp
The popping dog bones can be solved by using the IFW 45 universal shafts and the MAW0030 extended drive cup.
You will also have to apply what is known and the turnbuckle trick.

you will need 4 turnbuckles of about 10 cm each. Mount these turnbuckles along the arms so that the plastic arms will not bend. The bones will pop because the plastic arms will bend and flex, in turn popping the bones out. You will have to make small holes for the screws to mount the balls joints.

The steering a alittle wobbly so you will need to upgrade to the alu steering cranks. The wheel will not turn when the car is stationary. Don't expect it to do so as the linkage will not allow it to do so. If the engine leaks from the front bearing there is nothing you can do. If it leak anywhere else, you will just have to apply sillicon gasket filler to the joints. . That will solve most leaks.

Hope this helps
Hi

I used to owned one but the dog bones will still popped out.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Mad Force

Hey, I bought one Mad Force and liked it so much I got another one.

The center dogbone fix is easy. Just do the turnbuckle trick and get ofna log cups for the shafts. I also made a couple of plates and extended the chassis length by an inch so I use the longer differential dogbone as the rear dogbone. and added Monster Pirate Rims/Tires. It doesn't sound like much but it made a huge difference. It is a beast now. It did stop a lot of the wheelies but you can't get around a track fast on 2 wheels anyway.

You didn't buy a lemon in my opinion.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

i totally agreed, MF is never a lemon, i owned a savage and madarmor, i had so much fun with mad armor, i have been hopping it up all these times, and the savage is still very stock, have some patience.

Visit www.madforce.net

THey have a lot of infos and a forum where ppl helps you alot
Old 05-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by tcerventes
i totally agreed, MF is never a lemon, i owned a savage and madarmor, i had so much fun with mad armor, i have been hopping it up all these times, and the savage is still very stock, have some patience.

Visit www.madforce.net

THey have a lot of infos and a forum where ppl helps you alot
Anyway, I have given up