Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi Distributor Services Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Team Losi Distributor Services Sucks

Recently, my LST2 throttle servo gone dead less than a gallon of nitro and approximately a month old. Called the distributor instead refer me to the LHS which I purchased and vice-versa. The after-sale service really sucks and pissed off with the person giving me all sort of craps.

Even the LHS told me the throttle servo can be dead so quickly because there isn't stress as compared to steering servo. Fair, we are told part are subject to order but the distributor should act fairly and see how best to assist but pushing the responsiblity to one another.

IMHO, I will never want to buy any losi product unless there is a change of distributorship.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

as far as i know.. maybe i'm wrong.. but.. i don't think there is a Losi Distributor here Per Se. Which LHS did you see..?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by speedy_gonzalez
as far as i know.. maybe i'm wrong.. but.. i don't think there is a Losi Distributor here Per Se. Which LHS did you see..?

Maybe this will enlighten you... http://www.jplmodel.com/

I guess once your business is so big these people's head also tend to get big.They should be thankful that we consumers are supporting them by buying these products.There are always other ways to buy these stuff.Don't underestimate the power of the net.I'm sure that Team Losi products are of world class standard but poor customer service is a big no no.I hope they read this!
Old 07-25-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Addict

dude.. you're jumping the gun on the "big head corporate thing"..
first of all one should do some research before buying any rc.. I buy losi knowing spare parts will be a killer.
2.a dead servo can just be easily replaced on yourown.
3.yes there is nothing wrong from buying on the net.

there may be certain mitigating factors that our friend might have missed out. let us not slam something without knowing the full story..
Distributors do not represent the company.. they are merely local businesses who buy rights to distribute products here.. I'll be honest I've never heard of
JPL Model Pte Ltd... If i have maybe they could help me with my Losi Parts..

Btw the dead throttle thing.. is a minor minor problem which everyone suffers from an RTR kit.. no big deal..just swap it out. less hassle then trying to argue with distributors and LHS..... be positive.. !
Old 07-25-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Regardless, as far as I'm concerned should there be a defect within a resonable period the distributor should indemify or look into it seriously. Since you're appointed as a distributor and you should uphold the brand name. Yes, JPL Racing is the distributor and you will never know should you seek the service from them. It really sucks when you're talking to a person who is so defensive and evasive and I swear will never do business with them again. It's strictly a matter of fairness and just and strictly not cost.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Rookie

If I may add guys, I think distributors are not rc enthusiast themselves so maybe thats why they don't have a clue what you are going through as a consumer who encounter such problems.Like Tai Sing who are distributors for HPI, they employ people with rc knowledge and interest to mend the rc section.I guess the best thing to do is just go back to where u bought your kit from and let the shop do the talking to the agent.I think their say is much stronger than yours.These RC kits don't come with any warranty anyway.At the end of the day its still a toy.But I do understand that the issue here is about service quality.With regards to what i said about "Don't underestimate the power of the net" what I meant was that if a certain company provides lousy product support and service then through the medium of the net as word gets around fast, this company will get bad reputation and people will shy away from them and they will fall from grace.I've seen it happen in a few forums.Anyway bro Speedy, click on this link and you'll see very clearly that JPL is the distributor for T Losi here locally... http://www.jplmodel.com/index.php?op...d=13&Itemid=26 If you click the contact link on their website you can also call or e-mail them about your T losi parts enquiry and you'll get first hand experience if these people are helpful,courteous and service oriented or not.I also never heard of JPL but if U go to T Losi website, they will direct u to JPL's web link under their distributorship list.I'm sure nobody likes getting bad service from anyone cos it can sure as hell make your day.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Frankly speaking....RTR servos are crap....no matter from Team Losi or other Brand name....Mind you we are speaking off road here...with all the jumping n bashing around who knows...think Mini-Z's are a safer bet....RTR servos are always made of plastic gears which cannot take the strain of steering and throttle/brake of an off road trucks...anyway RTR is just to start out to see if your really interested in this 'MONEY SPENDING, TIME CONSUMING HOBBY'. Well if you think that the distributor or in your case the LHS has done a great unjust to you then don't go n support them...The Distributor and LHS owner you mentioned has been in the scene for a long time already I'm sure their reputation is well known in this small hobby community. BTW I know both owners....their service n helpfulness are fantastic...not only the both of them but the rest of the hobby shops owners I know of are great people. My 2 cts. Cheers mate.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

u think is sucks, just don't play lor
Old 07-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Btw..........RTR....Ready to run......car kits.....are only good for some light bashing.....but not heavy duty ones......just like this hobby..once you goes beyond that level.........all upgrades are necessary especially the electronics.......

Been in it for some years........and I believe.........there are many out there who bought a very expensive servo and it's only good for one race and KO the next....just the servo alone is $ 160.00.....worse still receiver and even controller.

No guarantee in RC electronics unlike those MP3, HP, TV, dvd.....etc....

Welcome to the WORLD of RC and the excitement in racing is better than anything else.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by airsky
Regardless, as far as I'm concerned should there be a defect within a resonable period the distributor should indemify or look into it seriously. Since you're appointed as a distributor and you should uphold the brand name. Yes, JPL Racing is the distributor and you will never know should you seek the service from them. It really sucks when you're talking to a person who is so defensive and evasive and I swear will never do business with them again. It's strictly a matter of fairness and just and strictly not cost.
How do you define "Resonable period of time" 3 days 1 week 1 month or 1year ? Many things can happen during your half gallon of fun.....just replace the servo and get on with it......Slaming the distributor in the net wont help.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vones
Frankly speaking....RTR servos are crap....no matter from Team Losi or other Brand name....Mind you we are speaking off road here...with all the jumping n bashing around who knows...think Mini-Z's are a safer bet....RTR servos are always made of plastic gears which cannot take the strain of steering and throttle/brake of an off road trucks...anyway RTR is just to start out to see if your really interested in this 'MONEY SPENDING, TIME CONSUMING HOBBY'. Well if you think that the distributor or in your case the LHS has done a great unjust to you then don't go n support them...The Distributor and LHS owner you mentioned has been in the scene for a long time already I'm sure their reputation is well known in this small hobby community. BTW I know both owners....their service n helpfulness are fantastic...not only the both of them but the rest of the hobby shops owners I know of are great people. My 2 cts. Cheers mate.
I share your feeling here bro, even for throttle servo on an offroad vehicle, a high torque servo is required. You can't expect much from a stock RTR servo, to stop those huge wheels plus the weight and speed of the vehicle, a tremendous amount of torque is required. I'm not sure what the thread starter has went thru but there's no point slamming the distributor here in rctech over a crappy servo. Bad service is also one thing you have to get used to in this hobby, when you are in this hobby long enuff, you'll learn how to depend on yourself instead of service from LHS.

Another thing, if you contact Losi or any RC manufacturers directly, I'm sure you'll get the same ding dong and in the end ask you to refer to your LHS directly.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 07-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by airsky
Recently, my LST2 throttle servo gone dead less than a gallon of nitro and approximately a month old. Called the distributor instead refer me to the LHS which I purchased and vice-versa. The after-sale service really sucks and pissed off with the person giving me all sort of craps.

Even the LHS told me the throttle servo can be dead so quickly because there isn't stress as compared to steering servo. Fair, we are told part are subject to order but the distributor should act fairly and see how best to assist but pushing the responsiblity to one another.

IMHO, I will never want to buy any losi product unless there is a change of distributorship.

Hi airsky,

Understand your frustration. I think it's a matter of perception. As RC goes thru heavy abuse, there isn't really a warranty that we all as consumers wanted. Losi easily ranks among the best in reputation. Servo can be defective, left turn on with load, shocked,...... all the guesses why it failed. Usually distributors/shops don't warranty, OEM provides this - Harvey Norman does not warranty your TV. JPL racing's service is great. I believe this is just a misunderstanding.

Hope you move ahead, get it fix and enjoy the hobby. Don't let a setback cloud/ruin the many fun products you may like from Losi/JPL. Cheers.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey, guess what? I bought a plane, crashed it and brought it back to the LHS and they replaced it brand new. They said it was user problem and that is under warranty. What great service!
Old 07-26-2007, 03:31 AM
Tech Rookie

For me, the best service I get from LHS is from Winnie's and Sam's...been to other LHS but service standard can't compare to the ones I mentioned.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jetstream
For me, the best service I get from LHS is from Winnie's and Sam's...been to other LHS but service standard can't compare to the ones I mentioned.

How many LHS have you been to?How do you know that other LHS can't compare:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.