Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Raffles Marina RC Track

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Kaidou
aiyoooo.... this track migth be good ONLY for those have own transpo! for those racers like me depend on MRT-SBS transpo, better play-play at car park instead huh! lucky not sign-up at CCK!

think guys this will not be a CCK anymore, instead RMRCC (Raffles Marina Romote Control Club)!

does this place had infra-red heat detector also? just pre-cautionary measures for SARS! and watch out for those vegi seller drivers outhere dude!

in all fairness, we cannot fault the guys for doing their best to provide a permanent track for the CCK RCMC members. i'm sure if they can get a place where it is more accessible they would have done so. besides, you never know if terence can get another better location a couple of months down the road.

yes, the onroad track is far and not easily accessible by public transport; but in some ways, you can't really complain abt CCK RCMC membership. you get a buggy track, an onroad track with club facilities for only $20/year for three years (which equates to $1.67 per month). who knows what other tracks might sprout up within the next three years?
Old 04-24-2003, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Kaidou
aiyoooo.... this track migth be good ONLY for those have own transpo! for those racers like me depend on MRT-SBS transpo, better play-play at car park instead huh! lucky not sign-up at CCK!

think guys this will not be a CCK anymore, instead RMRCC (Raffles Marina Romote Control Club)!

does this place had infra-red heat detector also? just pre-cautionary measures for SARS! and watch out for those vegi seller drivers outhere dude!

There is public transport. Bus number 182, 192 ans 193 stops just outside the club. Either that round up a few frens with transport to go together.

Come on we can't complain. This is by far the best on-road track in sg. It has everything, and the cheapest for a membership.
Sometimes in life not everything is bed of roses.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default CCKRCMC

I can't agree with u guys more. In all fairness, Terence
has really done a good job 4 the R/C community. 3 cheers
2 him !

I always believe in the saying : 'if u can't get the mountain
2 come to him, then u have 2 go 2 the mountain'. There's
no other way about it.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What about the grass that was planted before and now botak?
Old 04-24-2003, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Just my two cents worth
Considering what we pay for membership to CCK RCMC, they have really dun a LOT for us. I mean, give credit where credit is due.... There is always compromise in thsi world, people will always "ask for more" (In Hokkien Ai Pi Ai Chei Ai Tua Liap CENSORED.......)

Yes, the new track is very very far away..... more the likely reason why its so big and cheap. Its far even if one has personal transport.

Appreciate that now there are so many new tracks where only a year ago there was only PA, Hobbybug and Yuan Ching :P
Old 04-24-2003, 05:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by NightKidZ
(In Hokkien Ai Pi Ai Chei Ai Tua Liap CENSORED.......)
somemore still must...

Ai Kia Choo Pi... (stay near my house)
Ai Gao Siee... (good at giving birth)

Old 04-24-2003, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush...

Thailand (tons), Malaysia and Indonesia (Jakarta Twin Circuit) may have tracks much more excellent, but are they REALLY accessible compared to the new Raffles Track? I for one am very glad the new tracks do not require me to purchase 1 new set of tires per 2-3 battery packs.

I step off my soapbox.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Racers, those whom have not recieved their blue membership card, pls check with BK or Winnie if they have it. Heard from Terence that there are a few cards in their shop not collected yet.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Alvin
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush...

Thailand (tons), Malaysia and Indonesia (Jakarta Twin Circuit) may have tracks much more excellent, but are they REALLY accessible compared to the new Raffles Track? I for one am very glad the new tracks do not require me to purchase 1 new set of tires per 2-3 battery packs.

I step off my soapbox.
You cannot compare SG to those that you mention lah... in malaysia to buy a real car is so much cheaper than in Singapore. So easier for them to get to the track also...

But i totally agree that this is the best track in SG and that Terence and the gang has done us such a big favour by bringing this to us and keeping the 1/10th scale ALIVE!!

Old 04-24-2003, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

GT-4, my point is, for the person in the previous page who complained about the difficulty in accessing the track, to go elsewhere else if he finds the new track unacceptable. I for one find it great. Didn't you get my idiom?!
Old 04-24-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

i guess its also good for malaysian to join the open races.
so near the the 2nd link.

come on guys, we got to give and take.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:13 PM
HZM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by ART2

And for frequencies problem, 29Mhz is not allowed. There are still frequencies like 26Mhz, 27Mhz, 40Mhz, 41Mhz and 75Mhz that can be used.
Hi guys, just like to address this issue. Basically in Singapore, only 29mhz and 27mhz is the legal frequency allowed for RC equipment. Though many of us are using things like 40mhz, 72mhz...., in actual fact this freq is consider "illegal". Hope this massage is being highlight in case newbie are unaware of it and got the idea wrong. Most of the time, we always mentioned "do anything but don get caught". Chances are there would not be much of a problem as RC car is not likely to cause a hazad to others/public, but this is otherwise for aircraft.

I do understand to avoid "cross freq" with flyers nearby, 29mhz is not allowed. But as a thumb of rule, the public or community got to be address to use the correct legal freq of 27mhz which is an alternative to 29mhz. Its solely up to individual if they decide to use freq beside those legal band approved by IDA. Just my bare opinion.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

"No Fish Prawn also good".

What I am trying to say is Got Track better than no track.

If you find it far, maybe can ask someone to pick you up at somewhere and go together but don't find me.hehe....
Old 04-25-2003, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Eric Cheng
"No Fish Prawn also good".

What I am trying to say is Got Track better than no track.

If you find it far, maybe can ask someone to pick you up at somewhere and go together but don't find me.hehe....
eric.. can find you to pick me up????

Old 04-25-2003, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

HI Guys!

Any good recommendation for the gear ratio for a Stock 23T and 12T Mod ?? btw I m running a Ta04 ...

Does 35 foam tyres work well too??
Thanks a bunch!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.