Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4WD EP buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

alamak, my ZX5 collect dust already lah.

Alan hw's your ZX5? think you already know e kit pretty well already.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Guys check out this cool vid....

Tamiya TRF 501x, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5, HB Cyclone D4
Old 05-24-2007, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

What a fine kettle of fish!!!
Very cool video indeed!
Looks like the ZX5 didn't have alloy suspension mounts installed?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If anyone interested in a ZX5 with full titanium screws, AE Titanium Blue turnbuckles, alum hex hub, front alum suspension mount, optional rear UJ and many NIB spares. Please dropby Ah Leng shop at turf city to have a look at it.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone heard of the Durango? It's also another model based on the B4...

http://www.teamdurango.de/
Old 05-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Given a choice between the D4 and the 501x, which one will you choose, interms of it's drivablility and the upkeep cost.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mathsinstrument
Has anyone heard of the Durango? It's also another model based on the B4...

http://www.teamdurango.de/

Yup, it's based on the AE TC3 onroad touring car, it uses the drive train parts..diffs, gears...just like the BJ4 but the Durango uses Schumacher CAT 3000 suspension parts, arms, c hubs..etc unlike the BJ4WE which uses suspension parts from Losi and AE. Designer/maker Gerd Strenge refuses to sell it to the public...but now a Belgian company Aero Racing is making the car..it's called the A-One..they've had some legal issues with Gerd Strenge but i heard it's solved..so yup the A-One will be released but production model will not have aluminum machined chassis and parts, all parts will be moulded carbon composite plastic. They are currently taking pre orders but i heard it's gonna cost around 550 euros...

Aero Racing

Here are some pics of the prototype courtesy of oOple

Aero Racing A-One Prototype Pics

Last edited by Funkymojo; 05-25-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by toycar
Given a choice between the D4 and the 501x, which one will you choose, interms of it's drivablility and the upkeep cost.

It's all up to personal preference...both buggies are great...belt drive cars tend to be more forgiving to drive...it allows more mistakes la hee hee...but some complain about getting debris in the belt and drive train..but so far so good la....shaft drive cars are very aggressive, lesser maintenance but do suffer a certain amount of torque steer, even on saddle pack shaft drive buggies, with a very balanced layout like the BJ4WE, TTech X10...etc slight torque steer is still present. The bevel/crown gears do strip...and you'll need to shim carefully...ultimately both the D4 and 501x are great buggies...you'll be happy with both..but as you know Tamiya has this habit of releasing cars very often...i heard they are planning to release a new 501x worlds edition pretty soon...

Last edited by Funkymojo; 05-25-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Guys

Wif i got a belt driven buggy. HOw long will the belts last??

That wat has made more like the Kyosho.

Thanks

jono
Old 05-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jono mad racer
Hey Guys

Wif i got a belt driven buggy. HOw long will the belts last??

That wat has made more like the Kyosho.

Thanks

jono

It all depends on how you set your belt settings. I've had friends with Losi XXX4G+...their buggies are more than 3 years old, they bash pretty often and the belt still holds up...3 years and never had to change the belt. Some friends of mine own the old 1991 Kyosho Lazer ZXR...bashed it like crazy for soooo many years and the belts are still in good shape...so don't worry to much about the belt/belts in a 4wd ep buggy as long it is kept well maintained....

Last edited by Funkymojo; 05-25-2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Belts are better than shafts

Guys I think that the shaft drives are pretty boring and lets face it not very well balanced.

Belts are, and thats why more worlds have been won by belt cars, which kind of proves a point, they are better. I also think that the shafts are not as fast as people make them out to be. Belts are quicker off the line and easier to maintain.

Heck the ZXS makes the ZX5 look awful, and this was released way back in 96. I will even go as far to say that the ZXS will still put these new fangled shafts in their place today. Heck Tamiya have brought out the 501 and yes its superb, but am still unsure on the weight distribution.

I say invest in a tamiya belt drive 501, as its the only thing they have made that wont break easily like their other cars. Its a work of art. Dont buy the ZX5 as its not that good a car.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bro

You are in forum. We can praise good stuffs. Pls refrain from commenting negative unnecessary. You may start war here. Sorry that I never counter anyone here but you suddenly just blast in here.

We love to here feedbacks not objective comments. Thanks

Btw I am on belts (xxx4g+). All naturally depend on driver. I am a lousy driver. I have also compete with ZX5 and xxx4g+ together. Both are good cars.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ryanrally
Bro

You are in forum. We can praise good stuffs. Pls refrain from commenting negative unnecessary. You may start war here. Sorry that I never counter anyone here but you suddenly just blast in here.

We love to here feedbacks not objective comments. Thanks

Btw I am on belts (xxx4g+). All naturally depend on driver. I am a lousy driver. I have also compete with ZX5 and xxx4g+ together. Both are good cars.

Thanks
Bro i think the main idea of a forum is to be objective. We are all entitled to our own little humble opinions. What works for me need not necessarily work for you and vice versa. We are here to share our experiences be it positive or negative. I for one hate the xxx4g+ to the core, doesnt work for me, don't like the looks, built, quality..in one word i just hate the car, but it works for you. I like the older xx4we very much, but some hate it, they feel the car is way too fragile, innefficient drive train due to the 3 belt design..but hey it works for me. I'm sure most over here are sensible people, we don't bitch and bash for the sake of doing it, we are only sharing the experiences we went thru with certain products be it good or bad....i rather people give honest reviews and opnions then arse lick certain brands just because it's popular.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Yo Welshy! See you found your way here!
I very much agree with you. I just have to. The ZXS is a work of art in my eyes.

Well, I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinions.
As they say, "1 man's meat is another man's poison"
I'm into meat and poison. My meat, your poison

But hey, some opinions matter more than others.
Especially when the opinion's been to IFMAR and raced against good old Sammy... Mah-Sammy that is Isn't that so Welshy?
Old 05-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You like shaft, stick to it... you like belt, stick to it too. you like both??? get both then!!! haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.