Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4WD EP buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jonathan: I have a ZX5 for sale if you are interested, I will pass to Pegan this weekend and display at the shop. Dropby and have a look.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funkymojo
No offence to all ZX5 owners, but through out all the Lazers, the ZX, ZXR, ZXRR, ZXS and ZXS Evo. The ZX5 has got to be the crappiest looking Lazer with the crappiest quality...Car looks like some cheap plastic basher's kit. $450 bucks for the kit and you get rear dogbones and wood screws?? Kyosho themselves knew they screw up big time with the ZX5 and are now in the midst of designing something new for the upcoming Ifmar in Japan...It is sad that the ZX5 didnt carry on the Lazer's glorious heritage...
don't agree with you on that... the zx-5 chassis have better composite materials as compared to normal tamiya's plastic and it ain't made of crappy material... as for bashing, the only thing I wear are the gears... and it's normal wear.. as compared to the others... I've a brushless in it and it's been running fine since..

screws wise, maybe they should include hex.. titanium ones... mine rusted.. so I've got new screws..to replace all of them...
Old 05-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pininfarina
don't agree with you on that... the zx-5 chassis have better composite materials as compared to normal tamiya's plastic and it ain't made of crappy material... as for bashing, the only thing I wear are the gears... and it's normal wear.. as compared to the others... I've a brushless in it and it's been running fine since..

screws wise, maybe they should include hex.. titanium ones... mine rusted.. so I've got new screws..to replace all of them...

Yes bro..that i totally agree..the plastic is definately not the el cheapo shiny Tamiya plastic type...yes the ZX5 is a decent performer, but somehow when i place the ZX5 side by side with the ZXS Evo and the ZXR...the looks and quality of the ZX5 just don't come close..maybe it's just me la...
Old 05-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hey

who is the main dealer for team losi in singapore

thanks
Old 05-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funkymojo
Yes bro..that i totally agree..the plastic is definately not the el cheapo shiny Tamiya plastic type...yes the ZX5 is a decent performer, but somehow when i place the ZX5 side by side with the ZXS Evo and the ZXR...the looks and quality of the ZX5 just don't come close..maybe it's just me la...
you left out something when you placed the ZX5 side by side with the ZXS Evo and the ZXR, their respective price tags!!!

and i believe the ZX5 is at the bottom of the 3 in terms of the price tag comparison....
Old 05-18-2007, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jono mad racer
hey

who is the main dealer for team losi in singapore

thanks

Give Winnie a call..she sells Losi products...
Old 05-18-2007, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by alana07
you left out something when you placed the ZX5 side by side with the ZXS Evo and the ZXR, their respective price tags!!!

and i believe the ZX5 is at the bottom of the 3 in terms of the price tag comparison....

The ZXR, ZXS Evo and ZX5 were from different eras la...but comparing the price range..they were all around the same. The first Lazer ZX was retailed at 29,800yen, the ZXR was retailed at 35,000yen, ZXS Evo was 38,000yen and the ZX5 was 42,000yen. The only Lazer that was really expensive was the very limited ZXS, it was retailed at 48,900yen, so considering all these retail prices when the buggies were first released in Japan. The ZX5 is not very cheap too...heehee

Last edited by Funkymojo; 05-18-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got two xxx4g+ (one used one NIB). Over itchy Hehehe. Selling either one. Pm me if interested.

One thing about exposed spurs, ppl will always stock quite a few with them becos easily caught sand or rock.

Losi's xxx4g+ until now I still haven change a single spur becos is enclosed (MUST slicone well some areas and you are all the way)...haha... The graphite yes its strong and can tahan jumps. I like the strong shock towers (some sort of woven stuffs).Parts wise order lor bo-bian from losipartshouse or get from Ah leng. His 1/10 stocks are more than most stores.

Btw bros, we should gather one day to kick off ep buggy "mass gathering" and play at turf's ep track or other suitable ep tracks for whole lots fun man... like car gatherings or clubs... Not in the form of competitions (may scare some ppl off) or fixed brand. Any brand, kind, vintage, etc..

My two cents .... heehee.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:24 AM

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by night_owl
I second the ZX-5. It's like $200 less than the HB D4
I third the ZX-5.

Read online and you'll hear some guys talking about it's poorer plastics and durability issues, but a couple of us run a bunch of EP buggies and the ZX-5 has been a great buggy to run. I bought a bunch of spares (even spurs) but actually have only replaced one spur gear after many many outings. Exposed spurs aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Sure... a pebble or two may find it's way there and it doesn't sound as smooth as before, but the car still runs quite smoothly and the spur lasts for quite a bit before it really needs changing.

XXX4 is also a nice car. "sealed drive train" better right? er... even though it's supposed to be sealed dirt gets in the transmission... and then because it's sealed it can't find it's way out... same spur issues. Very great car though.

Both cars get my vote. You'll probably find better parts support for the kyosho though (which isn't really saying much).
Old 05-18-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Yup bro

Ran with Zx5 too.. also another horse to compete with... As long we dun do Highest Jump Competition or "Jump over house" that kind... hahhhaa

Its all aboutother factors as well like wat ppl prefer wat materials or wat kind of parts, accessories used. Some like hard core must have carbon fibre, some must see all aluminium stuffs... bla bla bla
Old 05-18-2007, 07:53 PM
bin
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default ZX5 help

Hi guys,

I just got myself a ZX5. I'm currently using a 23t motor on it. and the gear ratio is somewhere around 8. What kind of ratio do u guys usually use for a 23t motor? Or is a 23t motor too weak? Brushless maybe?

Also, are there any essential hop ups for the ZX5? And are they available at Toykar? (beauty world)

Thnx
Old 05-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bin
Hi guys,

I just got myself a ZX5. I'm currently using a 23t motor on it. and the gear ratio is somewhere around 8. What kind of ratio do u guys usually use for a 23t motor? Or is a 23t motor too weak? Brushless maybe?

Also, are there any essential hop ups for the ZX5? And are they available at Toykar? (beauty world)

Thnx

Get a pair of rear cvds and it'll be good too if you get the PN Racing or Shooters aluminum shock tower mounts for both front and rear. You can try BK, my friend bought a pair of the aluminum shock tower mounts from him before...There are many hop ups for the ZX5, but these 2 hop ups are pretty essential. The rest are only for bling factor...

PN Racing Aluminum Shock Tower Mount
Old 05-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bin
Hi guys,

Thnx

i use gtb 5.5 in my zx5, kit spur with 16t/17t pinion is plenty fast, enough speed.....didnt try 23t motors before, so couldn't help you here.
besides the items mentioned by funky, you may wish to add in a front alu hinge pin mount, its probably the weakest part of the whole car.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just so oddly that why 1/10 electric offroad do not pick up here? If there were a proper offroad track, would people pick it up?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default If..

Yes to my views.

If its carpeted, shelthered, airconed, music etc. haha...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.