Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPRC Close Forever?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wonder whether anyone bothered to actually check if the 'noise' from the RC cars was worse than the MRT.

This could have been quite easily done, with simple meters (SPL meters or dataloggers) that are very easily available.

Even if the noise was bad, I believe a compromise could be reached, eg limit the driving to a certain number of minutes each hour etc.

Why can't we all just live together... after all, RC is a legitimate hobby, nowhere close to being illegal, so surely a better solution could have been found.

I mean, look at the large number of modified bikes, cars & SUVs out there - aren't they worse than the RC car?

Seems to me that this is another 'knee jerk' reaction.

Poor form to the 'authorities' who decided to 'act' in this way.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default noisy eh?

GUYS! I LIVE NEAR THERE AND TRUST ME YOU CAN HARDLY HEAR THE RUNNING R/C CARS WHEN YOU ARE STANDING AT THE BLOCK CLOSES TO THE SHOP. THERES A LITTLE ZIPPING THATS ALL....SIGH...WAT A WASTE....HE PICES HIS THINGS REASONABLY AND ALWAYS GVE SERVICE WITH A SMILE....HARD TO COME BUY THIS DAYS...wISHING HIM ALL THE BEST AND HOPE HE SUCCEEDS IN GETTING A NEW VENUE
Old 12-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Anything we can help to help RC in Singapore?

It's sad to read that another track has closed down...
First it was Hobby bug's track in Marina South...
Now this...

Is the hobby dying??

Now to me it looks like PA Campsite's track is standing strong.... I hope...

Is there anything we, RC enthusist, can do to help (besides buying lots of rc cars all the time la ...

Cheers.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sstan36
Is there anything we, RC enthusist, can do to help (besides buying lots of rc cars all the time la ...Cheers.
patronize remaining tracks?
Old 12-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs down

Now this...

Is the hobby dying??

Is there anything we, RC enthusist, can do to help (besides buying lots of rc cars all the time la ...

Cheers.
PA Campsite underMarine Parade Community Club (aka Government) so it won't close down....And its far away from any housing blocks.

Though I'm not a customer of Ah Tay's but its still shitty to see a LHS close down due to unneccesary complains. Oh well, thats SG. Anything buay song,complain...Complain then police will come down and its the end....
Old 12-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there anymore tracks in Singapore other than PA??PA is the house for 1/8. what do we 1/10 racers go??!!
Old 12-13-2006, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by benjigoh
Is there anymore tracks in Singapore other than PA??PA is the house for 1/8. what do we 1/10 racers go??!!
Not true.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Now this...

Is the hobby dying??

Cheers.
me and few frens are trying to help gather some fund for the east coast PA track driver stand and pit area shelter. we are planning suggesting if everyong is willing to come out with say S$30-S$50 each, and LHS sponsor a bit here and there. we have had contractor quoted which might cost est. S$2k+-. the balance will be use for other possible upgrading or event to organise a BBQ.
to all local RCers plz feel free to post ur comments on this suggestion.
organising races at PA track will be more regular if the shelter are done as the club doesnt have to spend S$300++ for RENTING tentage for every race. RCMC is not a profit make club some if the expenses is cut down then the club would have more fund for races, as every race there are some expenses, eg. price, AMB operator, lunch...etc.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lastsun
me and few frens are trying to help gather some fund for the east coast PA track driver stand and pit area shelter. we are planning suggesting if everyong is willing to come out with say S$30-S$50 each, and LHS sponsor a bit here and there. we have had contractor quoted which might cost est. S$2k+-. the balance will be use for other possible upgrading or event to organise a BBQ.
organising races at PA track will be more regular if the shelter are done as the club doesnt have to spend S$300++ for RENTING tentage for every race. RCMC is not a profit make club some if the expenses is cut down then the club would have more fund for races, as every race there are some expenses, eg. price, AMB operator, lunch...etc.
sounds good. will be happy to chip in.

finally my wife can stop nagging me for exposing my kid to all the harmful UV ray :-)

Poon (Isaiah's Daddy)
Old 12-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sorry to hear about the closing of a great track

Hi Etino,

read your post on food poisoning - sorry 2 hear about that. You should consider public liability insurance so that such cases will not cause you to close a good business by people who would want to fraud you.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lastsun
As I have said in my earlier post.
Please count me in.
Better yet, setup another post to raise funds for the tentage! And how we can improve/support the track!

[WARNING]: Fund raising/usage should be as transparent as possible. Do not want to have a small scale of N*F saga
Old 12-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Dun know if this is possible, since HPRC is closing down, maybe PA track can get the driver stand and pit area shelter from HPRC??
Old 12-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default HI

YA THAT A GD IDEAL DAMN HOT IN THE AFTERNOON
Old 12-19-2006, 01:32 AM
Tech Addict

As I have said in my earlier post.
Please count me in.
Better yet, setup another post to raise funds for the tentage! And how we can improve/support the track!

[WARNING]: Fund raising/usage should be as transparent as possible. Do not want to have a small scale of N*F saga
Great idea, count me in to help out. Any luck with the LHS sponsorhips? Lets get a new thread started.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

maybe can ask the Yishun MP Mr Ong to re-do the track, so those who used to play at HPRC can play at north side ??

http://members.fortunecity.com/nomex...ks-yishun.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.