Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Thailand International Touring Car Championship >

Thailand International Touring Car Championship

Thailand International Touring Car Championship

Old 03-01-2003, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Windtalkers: I can pass you a cdrom with the pics.... next time we meet. Perhaps at Singapore TCS? I am still wavering whether or not to race this year. Argh the pressures.

Stock:
C2: Sam Cheng
D1: Alvin Yap
F2: Sagita L.
F6: KHERCHIA A.

Mod:
D3: Alvin Yap
D5: Sam Cheng
E5: Sagita L.
E6: KHERCHIA A.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

Well, if I were to go for the Reedy race, I guess I will just join one class and concentrate on it as it is difficult to work on one car if you were to join two races. Anyway, it was great fun though. hey, Tommi hope to see you in Singapore for the Asia Cup. If I dun make to the final 8 then I shall be helping out at the race itself.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally posted by RetroTamiya
hey,
Tommi, it was really a great track with plenty of babes to keep your eyes wide awake. hehehe........ considering we have a hectic stock and modified qualifying and final runs. It was really damn tiring. We have to run 5 free practice of stock and mdified and 4 controlled practice of stock and modified on Friday. The sequence was like stock then modified. Then on Sat we have to run like another set of controlled practice of stock and modified and then we have to go through another 4 heats of stock and modified. Then come sunday was a little bit more relaxed with only one final heats and one Finals to run. the tyre wear out is incredible but traction was super high that Hara was having traction roll during his practice.
At least you had fun bro... thats the most important thing... told you the track was high grip and smooth. they clean the track every morning and they spray it afterwards with sugar water... thats why you might have seen a lot of ants on the side of the track... i think they were waving little Thai flags and little tamiya banners with surikarn's face on it...heheheh
Old 03-04-2003, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Alvin,

Thanks for de info and de cd..... i'll be dropping by the TCS race on 16th (rally & stock class).... hope to cu there......

Originally posted by Alvin
Windtalkers: I can pass you a cdrom with the pics.... next time we meet. Perhaps at Singapore TCS? I am still wavering whether or not to race this year. Argh the pressures.

Stock:

Mod:
Old 03-05-2003, 05:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by ART2
Atshshi Hara in C main!!!!
It's Atsushi Hasegawa........ NOT HARA !!! hehehe
Old 03-05-2003, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Well, if I were to go for the Reedy race, I guess I will just join one class and concentrate on it as it is difficult to work on one car if you were to join two races. Anyway, it was great fun though. hey, Tommi hope to see you in Singapore for the Asia Cup. If I dun make to the final 8 then I shall be helping out at the race itself.
i took a sabbatical from this year's competition due to a promise with the dealer/organizer of this series to help them with the races... i'll be in the TAC SG as probably Philippines team leader or scrutineer...
Old 03-06-2003, 01:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Stock:

Mod:
Alvin,

Just curious, how did you get to go to the race? Were you invited by the organizers or did you have some contacts in Thailand?
Old 03-06-2003, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Anyone could go, just sign up at www.9vut.com!
Old 03-06-2003, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Alvin,

I actually tot about entering de race but gave up due to high costs...... heard there's another race in thai end of de year...... heard of it???

thanks

Anyone could go, just sign up at www.9vut.com!
Old 03-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

The race is in November in Bangkok. It is the Reedy International Race. Mike Reedy will be there. We will update you if you like to go.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:35 AM
Ian
Tech Regular

RetroTamiya- - Rosmani needs you to call him at 94885770. He need the lathe/charger and the other stuffas that you borrowed for the Thailand Race.He needs it urgently so please do call him.Sorry for posting here cause you have not call him after reading my PM.I'm posting on behalf cause he has problems with his internet connection
Old 03-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

sure....as long as my budget permits....

thanks....

The race is in November in Bangkok. It is the Reedy International Race. Mike Reedy will be there. We will update you if you like to go.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

To be competitive, be prepared to sink at least SGD300-400++ on tires+rims+inserts alone... It's like... one run, one set of tire.
Old 03-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Windtalkers,
These are some guidelines on how much you have to spend if you were to race in Thailand:
1. Tyres about $300 - $400
2. Hotel $150 each person ( for 1 room at a 4 star hotel for about 6 days. One day about $50 )
3. Food $100 - $150 ( for 6 days )
4. Transport $150 ( taxi is about $12 to track and from the hotel. toll inclusive )
5. Air fare $310 by Thai Airways
The only thing that you can save will be tyre inserts as you can reuse them when you slice open the tyres.Thats about it. You still have about 8 months to go to prepare. Still a long way to save the dough.
Old 03-08-2003, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

And also be mentally and physically prepared as it will be 3 days of hectic competition. Prepare at least 5-6 good packs of batteries and 3 sets of 9 or 8 turns motor to be on par with the rest of the packs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.