R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers

Old 03-10-2003, 08:44 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

long time never post.... hmm...since someone brought up racing.... i tink its my time to throw in my 2 cents....

During qualifying heats
- Always give way to the faster car...u r runnin against time...so no point blocking others...

During actual finals...
- U can block if u r fighting for posiition...
- If u r the back marker...give way to the front runners...but noe who the front runners are...or not u'll lose ur placing
ozone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:46 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

but the problem will arise when the back marker is a newbie (dat's why he's the back marker... doh!!!) and he doesn't know dat the race leader is behind him...

or when the newbie back marker tries to give way and causes an accident wif another car... (prob the 2nd place car)
hellangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:15 PM   #18
Tech Regular

get race marshals to wave BLUE flags at the back markers to give way loh.....
It's kind to give way if u realise that the car behind you is faster.... Sometimes it's hard to realise also.....
kkyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:39 PM   #19
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If there is good race organiser with PA system for the finals, then usually they'll call out "Car #6, you have got leader car #1 coming up behind you - please let him pass cleanly." If Car #6 cause a crash whilst other car is overtaking then (1) marshall should put car #1 back on track first and (2) car #6 gets a 'warning'.

Then again, if you're car #1 and you've got car #2 chasing your tail in the final, then haha, sure of course you drive "fat"... leave no passing room if possible. But careful when "closing the door" cos #2 can also easily take you out and t-bone you... and say "sorrylah, running 1-way, got no brek".
WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 03:11 AM   #20
Iceman27

I think what Ozone says is good practice.

Qualifyings are really more like time trials than anything else! No point holding up others. Juz get your own a## round the track as fast as possible.

But it all changes in the finals. If Kimi Raikkonnen was not penalised for 'closing the door' on Michael Shumacher. I agree that 'blocking' becomes part of the strategy.

But really, passing is an art. I totally hate it when the person who is trying to pass you ends up t-boning you instead of seizing the right opportunity & blowing by gracefully! Think many of us are guilty of this & still have a long way to go in perfecting this skill.

Comments anyone!