Wiki Posts
Search

RC Club in NUS

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RC Club in NUS

hi everyone,

i was thinking of setting up an rc club within NUS since the NTU thread has such good response. currently i have no idea who else in NUS plays rc so here's just a call out to any rc hobbyists in NUS to post here or contact me so i can gauge if such an idea is feasible.

thanks
Old 09-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ALumNUS

What about ex-NUS pple?.. as in NUS Alumni..then count me in wanted to start years back..but didn't think RC was that popular in NUS..
Old 09-21-2006, 02:28 AM
Nov
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If really gonna have this club, next year after my NS when I go into NUS...Will join...Haha...
But I thought there's an automotive club at NUS like gonna have a 'partial' section for RC? Just heard abit of rumours sometime ago...
Old 09-21-2006, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

Hah... i am into RC also, engine year 2. But more to helicopters and planes
Old 09-21-2006, 04:52 AM
Nov
Tech Master

A club, but different cars among the members...
1/28 EP Touring
1/18 EP Touring, Buggy
1/10 EP or GP Touring
etc
etc...
Cannot play with each other liao...Or else the smaller one will tio crushed...
Old 09-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

if alumni can join, count me in
Old 09-22-2006, 04:41 AM
Tech Rookie

yeah, count me in too if there is alumni..
Old 09-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i know khng can join....he is our singapore tamiya asiacup representative from singapore for the past 6 years..but he just left nus.....
Old 09-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

Thanks for the enthusiastic response.

I have not heard that the NUS motoring club has a R/C wing. and if they do, I have no idea whether they have a track. I suppose that I may email them and check.

But back to the topic at hand;

Basically, if we were to organise a R/C club, I suppose that we will take in all R/C players regardless of type since we are desperate for members. Haha.

So tentatively, this is a plan or org chart that I came up with for the proposed R/C club:

1. It will be divided into the motoring wing and air wing (provided there are enough people for both).

2. The air wing will contain the heli and aero modellers. And the person who heads this wing will source for a suitable place in NUS to play. Then they can divide up the time that the admin grants permission for us to use.

3. As for the motoring wing, I think we will have to accomodate everyone who wants to join, so regardless of tourers/ drifters, ep/gp, 1/10 or otherwise, all can join in. What is more important is to get space for a track of sorts so we all have a place to run on. After that, we can divide up the time based on the group division. The only problem that I foresee here is that NUS might not allow GP since it can be noisy.

4. As for alumni, I am pretty sure NUS will be amenable to allowing you guys to utilise the facilities though I am not sure if you guys can be counted as part of the initial club population to justify starting a club.

5. I am not too sure about the aero and heli ppl but for the r/c car people, I suppose the eventual aim is to take part in competitions like TAC etc.

Finally, all interested parties please drop me a mail at [email protected]. Pls include your full name, matric no., faculty and year plus maybe a short description of your r/c activities so further planning can be done.

Also, since I am mainly a r/c drifter, I am not very knowledgeable about touring and the aero/heli scene. So I will probably have to seek the advice of those interested.

Once again, thanks and I hope to have some news for everyone sometime soon.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for your initiative to take the step. much appreciated. hopefully NUS can allocate a space for us in the MPSH indoor carpet....
i wish so
Old 09-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Tech Adept

interesting, so who else is in NUS now ?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:43 AM
Nov
Tech Master

Other than 1/10 scale...Any for smaller scale like 1/18 (Micro RS4 / M18) and 1/27 (Mini-Z)?
But I dun think many have these small scale rite? Mostly 1/10...
Old 09-26-2006, 03:58 AM
Lwh
Tech Rookie

count me in!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Rookie

hey thanks for those who emailed me.

this is another appeal to those who have yet to do so to email me, it does not matter what type of RC hobby you are into, interest is sufficient!

once response hits 10+ i will email NUSSU for approval.