Wiki Posts
Search

TrakPower 4900 Lithium Race Packs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Track Report

I have had my TrakPower packs for 2 months now. Last Sunday was my first time to use these at a club meeting.

My 2 packs were shared between 3 cars. Gone are the days of spending a lot of my time between races discharging/charging packs. My kids ran their race first, so I used one pack after it had been run without a recharge.

The other pack would be charged again as soon as the kids race was over. I alternated between packs so to get them up to 80% charged before the kids would use them again (i.e. as soon as the CC phase of the LiPo charge was completed I would stop charging).

Running my car in stock I have never had a car that could pass and pull away from others down the straight. It was really noticeable the longer the race progressed. It was fantastic.

My two packs replaced 6 NiHM packs that I used at a club day.

Cheers,

Tony
Old 11-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Basically for me, I only bring along a pack of Trakpower, and it's installed in my car the whole time. It's rare that I remove it from my car at all. Now, I get more time to visit the store and chat with friends and watch some races.

It is time that this hobby moved on to another stage, Lipo. People are still buying NiMH because of their car's setup (weight balance). The current TCs are designed for use with NiMH packs to counter-balance the left-right weight distribution.

Alfie

Originally Posted by r0adrunn3r
I have had my TrakPower packs for 2 months now. Last Sunday was my first time to use these at a club meeting.

My 2 packs were shared between 3 cars. Gone are the days of spending a lot of my time between races discharging/charging packs. My kids ran their race first, so I used one pack after it had been run without a recharge.

The other pack would be charged again as soon as the kids race was over. I alternated between packs so to get them up to 80% charged before the kids would use them again (i.e. as soon as the CC phase of the LiPo charge was completed I would stop charging).

Running my car in stock I have never had a car that could pass and pull away from others down the straight. It was really noticeable the longer the race progressed. It was fantastic.

My two packs replaced 6 NiHM packs that I used at a club day.

Cheers,

Tony
Old 11-14-2006, 03:34 AM
Tech Rookie

I would love to switch to lipo but I heard the lipo batts cannot fit into my car. I am driving a Cyclone S. ANyone tried Trakpower with Cyclones or S version?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Alfie
Basically for me, I only bring along a pack of Trakpower, and it's installed in my car the whole time. It's rare that I remove it from my car at all. Now, I get more time to visit the store and chat with friends and watch some races.

It is time that this hobby moved on to another stage, Lipo. People are still buying NiMH because of their car's setup (weight balance). The current TCs are designed for use with NiMH packs to counter-balance the left-right weight distribution.

Alfie
So to balance the car should we use springs that are 40% stiffer on the heavier side? Or just add weights? or boh chup?
Old 11-14-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Karmon
So to balance the car should we use springs that are 40% stiffer on the heavier side? Or just add weights? or boh chup?
You would add weights to balance the car (Left to Right)

Click on this link to go to the setup guide for the XRay T2, it gives you all the fundimental things to do. It is similar to the "XXX Main Chassis Setup Guide" and it is free
Old 11-14-2006, 04:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks! This is great!

Originally Posted by r0adrunn3r
You would add weights to balance the car (Left to Right)

Click on this link to go to the setup guide for the XRay T2, it gives you all the fundimental things to do. It is similar to the "XXX Main Chassis Setup Guide" and it is free
Old 11-14-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It depends on you.

If you're the meticulous type, then add lead weights to counter whatever weight balance the car needs.

I would go with the lead weights.
Alfie

Originally Posted by Karmon
Old 11-24-2006, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

what chargers can be used to charge these batts?
will the CTX-C work?
Old 11-28-2006, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Just recieved my pack today. Trying to run mod on one pack with a pretty quick turn around of heats. Il let you know if its possible to do with one pack
Old 11-29-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyl03
will the CTX-C work?
CTX-C should work but its max 1A charge limit for LiPo should make it quite a hassle to use.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

what Amp are you using to charge LiPos?
Old 11-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wyl03

what Amp are you using to charge LiPos?
I use a Duratrax ICE charger.

I charge at 1C (i.e. 4900mAh) works fine
Old 11-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Charging TrakPower 4900 at 1A will take a ridiculously long time.

I think the charger only caters to tx lipo packs from the limitation of charging current...
Old 03-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Ken,
My TrakPower 4900's are still going strong after 6 months. I will have to measure the voltage on each cell to see if they are still balanced.

Is there a balancer available for these packs yet?

Cheers,

Tony
Old 03-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi

Has anyone tired both Trakpower and the Orion Lipo packs?

http://www.teamorion.com/Products/Batteries/Li-Po

Any comparison about both?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.