Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complaint Shop !

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default Complaint Shop !

Here's the thread to complain about service, traders ..
Old 08-21-2001, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

shop keepers will scared siah... how come kasey is not here?
Old 08-22-2001, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default Complains

Now the shop keepers will know that they are risking their reputation and business if their are dishonest with us.

Also, second-hand buyers and sellers will get to know the bad traders who:

- do not return borrowed equipments
- do not pay up when they claimed "pay u next week, ok?"
- sell inferior equipments against their goody claims
Old 08-22-2001, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

THIS FORUM WILL GET THEM! HAHAHAHA!
Old 08-29-2001, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yah yah about time someone starts this thread!! I hope all the traders will take this thread in a positive way in that it will help to strengthen the local service sector in Singapore!
Old 12-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcmaniac
Yah yah about time someone starts this thread!! I hope all the traders will take this thread in a positive way in that it will help to strengthen the local service sector in Singapore!
Old 12-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kenneth Tan
THIS FORUM WILL GET THEM! HAHAHAHA!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default hhmmm

well,

I personally think it's pointless; any personal experience at a particular shop, or purchase from someone is definately going to be fraught with possible unhappiness. it certainly doesn't mean the service is bad. singaporeans tend to equate not getting what they want as bad service.

the truth is that, if you are prepared to purchase something second hand, then be brave enough to realise that whatever you have bought may be less then you expect it to be. the age old warning of "buyer beware" becomes all the more true.

for instance, i sell something i believe to be in working order, only to have the buyer tell me, it is not. just how do i justify those claims? it' not possible, as a seller, i might consider taking back said item for a refund, but that's only cos i am nice, it's not service (i am not obliged to allow a return)

if this thread is going to be a smear fest, i suggest the singapore forum admins take this out now before people start a flame war.

this type of thread serves no purpose except the person who started it. bought something lousy and now wants to start a smear campaign.

give it up and buy stuff new, either that or just be careful when you do buy 2nd hand.

and forget about complaining about stores, if you dunt like 1 store, dunt go there. make it a personal choice, not public, this only shows how socially inept or ignorant you could possibly be.

on the other hand, we always love entertainment!

so go on right ahead and post away!

-alexander

p.s. this has happened before, and seriously, it's silly.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Welcome to Silly.pore
Old 12-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert
well,

I personally think it's pointless; any personal experience at a particular shop, or purchase from someone is definately going to be fraught with possible unhappiness. it certainly doesn't mean the service is bad. singaporeans tend to equate not getting what they want as bad service.

the truth is that, if you are prepared to purchase something second hand, then be brave enough to realise that whatever you have bought may be less then you expect it to be. the age old warning of "buyer beware" becomes all the more true.

for instance, i sell something i believe to be in working order, only to have the buyer tell me, it is not. just how do i justify those claims? it' not possible, as a seller, i might consider taking back said item for a refund, but that's only cos i am nice, it's not service (i am not obliged to allow a return)

if this thread is going to be a smear fest, i suggest the singapore forum admins take this out now before people start a flame war.

this type of thread serves no purpose except the person who started it. bought something lousy and now wants to start a smear campaign.

give it up and buy stuff new, either that or just be careful when you do buy 2nd hand.

and forget about complaining about stores, if you dunt like 1 store, dunt go there. make it a personal choice, not public, this only shows how socially inept or ignorant you could possibly be.

on the other hand, we always love entertainment!

so go on right ahead and post away!

-alexander

p.s. this has happened before, and seriously, it's silly.

perfect explaination... running a store is not easy... people complain about price all the time... but they dun understand that we are here to make just a honest living...

as for service, i think we always try to give our best.... but it also comes with a price... want cheap, want good, want service, who can give??

some shops sells their stuff a little more expensive than the others, and provide you with vother value added service... some shops has the cheapest price in town, but dun even bother to explain how the stuff works, or provide any aftersales... it'll all depend on what you want...

like what foampervert mentioned, if you dun like the shop, then dun patronise them again... can't satisfy everyone... i think satisying the majority is the ultimate aim...

2 cents...
Old 12-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I think serivce and price is ever so subjective.
Some customers demand to be greeted with a red carpet.
Some customers expect GSS prices all the time.
And of course, some are less demanding.
All depends what you expect or DEMAND of the vendor.

Haven't we all heard of negative feedback about a certain shop or trader... Only to discover that our own experience and contact was positive.
As Mike said, LHS is trying to make an honest living. To begin with, a living is not as easy to make we'd all like it to be. Do remember that somehow, what's fun for us is work for them. Hasn't work or school been frustrating as some point in time? Let's try to cut them some slack.

Public sharing of a negative experience seems quite unnecessary in my opiion. Among my buddies, a "blacklist" of not so pleasant traders whom we've encountered. I must say that I have dealt with some of these so called "blacklisted" traders with no hint of negativity. Maybe I'm lucky?

I think this thread should be taken with a HUGE pinch on sale.
Hell, a table sppon of salt. Just my opinions and 2cents worth.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

LHS are barely surviving bcos of some so call "hobbyist" trying to save a few more dollars..

Shop owners are people too, got mood one.. It takes time to know each of them.. They are generally fine people.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Different people, different approached you can’t pleased everybody
If you don’t want the service of one shop don’t patronize it and don’t endorse their shop. BUT don’t ever never curse them.
It’s better to be friendly and earn respect from them.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:20 AM
Tech Initiate

does this include on web shop purchase?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

oh well, you cant expect the best of everything that is given. and those people working also have feelings, their up and downs each day, family problems etc.

but mind if i can complain about service? i do not wish to disclose anything though so as to not to harm any reputations of any shop that i been to

i went to this shop before, and asked for a certain shell. the salesperson told me that it will be shipping in anytime soon, for which i asked for a date. the person told me that it is unconfirm and told me to come back and check another time.

2 weeks later i return to the same shop to find that shell, which i just came back from a holiday trip 3 days ago

i asked the same person if there is any stock of the shell. the person said no.
i asked her again when did the stock arrived, and the person said 3 days ago.
i asked again for the amount that they shipped in, 20 was the answer.

3 days, 20 shells, quite impossible i suppose.

thus i let out a sigh and said i shouldnt haven go away on holiday 3 days ago.

and guess the person reply.

"who ask u go holiday"

it really piss me off as i was searching the shell for quite some time already.

so i was wondering what kind of customer service is that, like that person dont want to sell out the shells.

it happened to one of my another friend, but it was a different story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.