Old 08-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Too bad, I already got the kit.
Unless got someone want the kit, I dun mind be the driver

Old 08-21-2006, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

As you have already stated that the race consist of a few drivers in a team, that also means that if one of each driver in the team contribute 1 charger, there would be 4 chargers on the table.

2400 are like 6 to 8 years old and was long replaced by the NiMH packs.

With 4 chargers (let's say 4 chargers, in this case), there's nothing to worry about. I agree with you on the longer charging time for the higher capacity ones, but 3300 & 3700 isn't a lot of difference.

UNLESS you are saying that there should be 1 charger PER team, situation will go accordingly to what you have in mind.

I'm quite interested in the M class though.

Just my thoughts,
Alfie

Originally Posted by foampervert
thanks for the input everyone.

the reason for the controlled batteries is so that the race is not biased towards equipment.

obviously, a team prepared with 10 battery packs will be better then a team with only 3 packs.

it is also not viable to have 3300mahs as they take too long to charge.
2400s can be charged in about 15-20 mins.

teams only need to buy 1 f103GT, 1 body shell (if not using the LC70 kit) and 3 2400 mah packs... thats not too bad for a 3-4 man team, right?

the rest of the equipment is the Team's own equipment.

how is that?

-alexander
Old 08-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default erm... its not quantity...

Dear Alfie,

I see what you are trying to bring across. do keep in mind that it doesn't matter if the team has 10 chargers, a 3300mah pack will still take about 45 mins to charge. Of cos, having more chargers will help the team. The reason for not using higher amp batteries is attributed to the charge timre required per battery, not to actual number of chargers the team might possess. i mean if you limit the team to just 3 packs, there really is no use having 4 chargers, is there? then again, the point of limiting teams to store purchased packs just prior to the race is to ensure a more level playing ground. otherwise teams prepared with matched packs, lipos, cold fusion... will just trump everyone else.

both the f103 and M chassis class should be able to drag out the power for a battery, especially if kit motors are used (this may not apply if the "any" motor rule should apply) and the 2400mah packs will give the teams a chance to properly charge the packs as they charge faster.

then again, i suppose if batteries are sponsored, this may be less an issue.

-alexander

Originally Posted by Alfie
As you have already stated that the race consist of a few drivers in a team, that also means that if one of each driver in the team contribute 1 charger, there would be 4 chargers on the table.

2400 are like 6 to 8 years old and was long replaced by the NiMH packs.

With 4 chargers (let's say 4 chargers, in this case), there's nothing to worry about. I agree with you on the longer charging time for the higher capacity ones, but 3300 & 3700 isn't a lot of difference.

UNLESS you are saying that there should be 1 charger PER team, situation will go accordingly to what you have in mind.

I'm quite interested in the M class though.

Just my thoughts,
Alfie
Old 08-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dear foampervert,

It is a clever idea, nevertheless.

Let's hear what the organisers have to say, ultimately.
Alfie

Originally Posted by foampervert
Dear Alfie,

I see what you are trying to bring across. do keep in mind that it doesn't matter if the team has 10 chargers, a 3300mah pack will still take about 45 mins to charge. Of cos, having more chargers will help the team. The reason for not using higher amp batteries is attributed to the charge timre required per battery, not to actual number of chargers the team might possess. i mean if you limit the team to just 3 packs, there really is no use having 4 chargers, is there? then again, the point of limiting teams to store purchased packs just prior to the race is to ensure a more level playing ground. otherwise teams prepared with matched packs, lipos, cold fusion... will just trump everyone else.

both the f103 and M chassis class should be able to drag out the power for a battery, especially if kit motors are used (this may not apply if the "any" motor rule should apply) and the 2400mah packs will give the teams a chance to properly charge the packs as they charge faster.

then again, i suppose if batteries are sponsored, this may be less an issue.

-alexander
Old 08-22-2006, 07:40 PM
GKC
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For all's info, the 3 2400mah packs that was used for the swift challenge was pretty much half dead by the end of the race. Each pack went thru at least 3-4 charges and there wasn't sufficient time for the pack to cool between charges.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

To all may concern,

2400mah is Ni-Cd must discharge and charge to prolong life of the battery.
3300mah is MH. can charge again and again when is cool without discharge it totally.

The reason why i say use 3300 is better becos can use it for future race.
Don't tell me you use 24oo for any open race. Cell dead mean have to throw
can't even use it as glow heater for GP. Am i rite?

Correct me if i wrong here.

THX
Old 08-23-2006, 06:00 AM
Nov
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm rather new to the 1/10 world, so forgive me if I say anything wrong...

For the F103GT, I find it abit hard for most of us to setup the car then run the car...I guess only 1-3 teams can manage the 2 hrs mark for setting up the car...
As for the batteries, I guess if NiMH are allowed...The longer charging time will only depend on whether the drivers want it to be fully charged or charged at 2400mAh...Then its either they want longer runtime to clock laps or just charge-run-charge-run type of thing...This way, the batteries can be used and not 'dumped' cos we dun like NiCDs...

The difference in ESC has made the race not so fair to me...

For the M chassis, the rally is a good idea...But 20-30 teams might result in insufficient space for setup and there is a possibility that there will be around 20 cars on the track...Not a really nice place to jump into for the marshallers who want to get the car out...

Well, these are my thoughts...Cheers ppl!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

20-30 teams x 4 players... WOW

that will be 80 - 120 pple during the race~~~!!!! BK got to stock alot of drinks in his cooler~~~!!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is cool, everyone is contributing ideas.

Actually, how about a 2 man team then. that way, it should take teams longer to build and those who can build fast have an advantage of tracktime.
also, there will be less people.
20 teams will be just 40 people, pretty much like a regular race turnout.
and BK's track is actually quite big, ima sure it can accormodate 20 cars going at it.
If own batteries are allowed, then we will have to limit the number of batteries to say.... 3 packs? teams can use any mah batteries (team owned) and any motor that they buy on the actual race day (but they are limited to only 1 motor purchase, so if they buy a crazy hot motor, they have to stick with it for the duration of the race)

tires can be changed but all must be bought and assembled on race day.

parts can be bought to repair car, also on race day. no pre-prepared parts.

-alexander

Originally Posted by Nov
I'm rather new to the 1/10 world, so forgive me if I say anything wrong...

For the F103GT, I find it abit hard for most of us to setup the car then run the car...I guess only 1-3 teams can manage the 2 hrs mark for setting up the car...
As for the batteries, I guess if NiMH are allowed...The longer charging time will only depend on whether the drivers want it to be fully charged or charged at 2400mAh...Then its either they want longer runtime to clock laps or just charge-run-charge-run type of thing...This way, the batteries can be used and not 'dumped' cos we dun like NiCDs...

The difference in ESC has made the race not so fair to me...

For the M chassis, the rally is a good idea...But 20-30 teams might result in insufficient space for setup and there is a possibility that there will be around 20 cars on the track...Not a really nice place to jump into for the marshallers who want to get the car out...

Well, these are my thoughts...Cheers ppl!
Old 08-27-2006, 01:05 AM
Tech Regular

Why not just run a simple endurance race?

Own car
Controlled tires(sorex?)
silver can motor

whoever wants to create an unfair advantage will still sneak thru every possible loophole no matter how much u control something, so why bother being so persistent in that area? Just for fun guys.... take it too seriously and u lose the point of the whole hobby...

even if u restrict it to 2400 packs, someone will still be able to come with a zapper to bump those cells. say you want to level the playing ground as much as possible, use stock tires then..... they're a nightmare enough to drive with i don't think any additional advantage elsewhere will help much. worse case implement pvc tires, that'll really level off your playing ground--> everyone will give up in 2 mins
Old 08-27-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have to agree with ammo here. Controlled tyres will pretty much limit whatever power the car has. Could be more of a nightmare then those running silver cans!

But still cannot forgo the capacities of batteries though. Batteries is still an issue to decide on.

Cheers!!
Old 08-27-2006, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ammo
Why not just run a simple endurance race?

Own car
Controlled tires(sorex?)
silver can motor

whoever wants to create an unfair advantage will still sneak thru every possible loophole no matter how much u control something, so why bother being so persistent in that area? Just for fun guys.... take it too seriously and u lose the point of the whole hobby...

even if u restrict it to 2400 packs, someone will still be able to come with a zapper to bump those cells. say you want to level the playing ground as much as possible, use stock tires then..... they're a nightmare enough to drive with i don't think any additional advantage elsewhere will help much. worse case implement pvc tires, that'll really level off your playing ground--> everyone will give up in 2 mins
A simple endurance race would be what Tamiya had did recently.

Stock car out of the box, stock control and hand out batteries and nothing can be done to the car. That is what i call stock pure simple
Old 08-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak
A simple endurance race would be what Tamiya had did recently.

Stock car out of the box, stock control and hand out batteries and nothing can be done to the car. That is what i call stock pure simple
I think this will be ideal but for the F103GT, its in a kit form. Thus time has to be allocated to build it as well. The cost of running the race will be high for the competitors.

Cheers!!
Old 08-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kerk
I think this will be ideal but for the F103GT, its in a kit form. Thus time has to be allocated to build it as well. The cost of running the race will be high for the competitors.

Cheers!!
well then maybe it's not feasible to run exactly such format for the F103GT? we can still run endurance with the F103GT like we did for M-chassis endurance sometimes ago (not the suzuki swift endurance). A handout motor, handout battery and controlled tyres should be enough to make the race interesting. Tamiya doesn't have XB F103GT so we can't really run it the same way as with the suzuki swift XB

my 2 cents
Old 08-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodo
well then maybe it's not feasible to run exactly such format for the F103GT? we can still run endurance with the F103GT like we did for M-chassis endurance sometimes ago (not the suzuki swift endurance). A handout motor, handout battery and controlled tyres should be enough to make the race interesting. Tamiya doesn't have XB F103GT so we can't really run it the same way as with the suzuki swift XB

my 2 cents
So its back to square one..

Build the car there and then, stock (no upgrades what so ever).. run the car with handout motors, batteries and tires.

pure and simple.

another 2 cents = 4 cents!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.