Wiki Posts
Search

EGTC Summer outdoor Series (ESLROC)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up Tipping the Hat!

Thanks for the good times! I look forward to swapping paint with ya again! Just let me know when you plan on going to the other tracks and Zak and I will be happy to be pit partners!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm sorry to hear that EGTC is a thing of the past. I only took part for one season but it was a good time. Thanks for introducing me to R/C racing. I'm sure I'll see everyone around.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Sorry to see your shutting it down, Ben, but at the same time I am glad you'll be able to enjoy the summer and do some racing yourself and get more out of it that way. You'll see, those Slashes do pretty well in the dirt too!

Hope you Trans Am guys getting the itch will consider a little carpet action, NORA and Seattle RC Racers have great programs that run very close to the spec we ran at your track.

I remember standing in front of Home Depot just the two of us scratching our heads wondering if we should even bother keeping going. That seems like forever ago.

See ya at the track
Old 01-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, sorry to hear, but I am sure you know whats best for you family.

Thanks to all that you have done, I got my Tc5 all setup and etc just for your series. Thanks for giving me the on road bug! I always had a blast and enjoyed hanging out with you and folks!

Good luck buddy...I wish you the best and hope you enjoy the time with the family and future adventures.

Justin,
Old 01-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Ben!

I had many great days racing with you, both at Lowe's and at Esperance Park. While it is sad to hear that you're shutting down your program, it sounds like you've thought about it and taken counsel from the most important people in your life: your family. No second guessing and no regrets then, my friend. You created literally thousands of hours of enjoyment for others over the past decade. That's a generous and honorable effort. Thank you!

And now, a message from Stuart:

Hey Ben I was haveing fun at your track now I''m a much better drivr now!!!!!! thanks for bubbas hot dogs!!!! see you soon!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear the news. Thank you for all the good memories the few years I raced at your track. It had always been fun. Thanks you also for your and all the helpers effort and thoughts that went into making the series happen.

Ron
Old 01-24-2012, 03:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It was a pleasure for me to be involved with the EGTC over the past few years, first as a racer and then this past season as an official. It's definitely been a lot of fun and I'm glad to call many of the people I've met there my friends now. Thanks Ben for providing us with an enjoyable program to enjoy our hobby and for all the hard work you put into the EGTC. It'll surely be missed.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Sad news. Mitchell and I had loads of fun. We really appreciate all the effort you put into making some great family-friendly racing. Best wishes.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool

Thanks for the kind words. It sure means alot!!

I think the next stage of r/c for me will be hopefully getting to hang out in the pits with you all at the different venues in the area.

No pressure, just the fun of hangin' out racing and not having to worry about anything but that!