Wiki Posts
Search

Fastest .12 roar legal motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Que
Tech Adept

Default Fastest .12 roar legal motor

What is the fastes Roar legal .12 for on road cars!!

COME ON EVERYBODY LET'S GET SOME OPIONIONS
Old 04-28-2003, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Fastest .12 roar legal motor

Originally posted by Que
What is the fastes Roar legal .12 for on road cars!!

COME ON EVERYBODY LET'S GET SOME OPIONIONS
I don't know if it is the fastest but the Mugen MT-12 is crazy fast.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Novarossi S3
Old 04-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Richey RTU Mod MT12. Limited availability though...
Old 04-28-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think it's the RB Rody Modified 235 but it's quite expensive though.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

If you have to ask, it won't really matter to you. Of course, everybody comes up with his own engine (or worse, something that his buddys buddy has and that is scary fast), but there's a lot more to being fast than just the engine. Differences between high end engines are so marginal that Joe Average or even Jim Casualracer will never notice that (in the laptimes, i should probably add).
Old 04-29-2003, 07:26 PM

Richey RTU Mugen MT12. Nothing else compares!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by olev
If you have to ask, it won't really matter to you. Of course, everybody comes up with his own engine (or worse, something that his buddys buddy has and that is scary fast), but there's a lot more to being fast than just the engine. Differences between high end engines are so marginal that Joe Average or even Jim Casualracer will never notice that (in the laptimes, i should probably add).
Like 1:1 cars, the driver variable dominates the equipment variable. That said, some engines are much better than others. If you'd ever driven a Richey Eagle, you wouldn't assert that the differences in high end engines is "marginal." Just ask Dennis or JD.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Number9
Like 1:1 cars, the driver variable dominates the equipment variable. That said, some engines are much better than others. If you'd ever driven a Richey Eagle, you wouldn't assert that the differences in high end engines is "marginal." Just ask Dennis or JD.
The hitch there is that only a select number of people will ever have the chance to run a Richey motor. So most racers will not have the knowledge of a Richey motor to be able to formulate an opinion including the Richey Modifieds. Most will only be able to formulate opinions based on the Rossis, Sirios etc...stuff that is available commercially.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by RedScorp
The hitch there is that only a select number of people will ever have the chance to run a Richey motor. So most racers will not have the knowledge of a Richey motor to be able to formulate an opinion including the Richey Modifieds. Most will only be able to formulate opinions based on the Rossis, Sirios etc...stuff that is available commercially
True enough, but if you haven't run the creme-de-la-creme of the high end motors, then you shouldn't opine on them. I have driven them, BTW...
Old 04-29-2003, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

You cant go wrong with a Trinity Sirio 12...
Old 04-29-2003, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Number9
I've never driven a Richey Eagle, but I don't believe that Richey Eagles are really any better than those modified by someone else, who has the knowledge. If they were, all top racers in the world would be running Richey Eagles, but they aren't. The fact that you had a Richey Eagle and it was better than your buddies OS CV (or whatever) does not show anything.
It's not that "some engines are better than others", it's that some engines have a lot more work put into them. Of course this is not possible to do with mass production engines, but to claim that insert-your-favourite-engine-here is superior to everything else on earth is a bit narrow-minded.
And I still stand by what I said: for those that have to ask this, it doesn't matter. If they have to ask, they are nowhere near that skill level where this would make any difference.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by olev
I've never driven a Richey Eagle, but I don't believe that Richey Eagles are really any better than those modified by someone else, who has the knowledge. If they were, all top racers in the world would be running Richey Eagles, but they aren't. The fact that you had a Richey Eagle and it was better than your buddies OS CV (or whatever) does not show anything.
It's not that "some engines are better than others", it's that some engines have a lot more work put into them. Of course this is not possible to do with mass production engines, but to claim that insert-your-favourite-engine-here is superior to everything else on earth is a bit narrow-minded.
And I still stand by what I said: for those that have to ask this, it doesn't matter. If they have to ask, they are nowhere near that skill level where this would make any difference.
Uhm, yeah - so you've admitted that you're making extrapolations from zero empirical data. That's credible...

Last edited by Number9; 04-30-2003 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

If not driving a Ritchie equals zero empirical data and driving a Ritchie equals being a motor god, then yes, I may have zero empirical data on your scale. Whatever.
I have been in RC for >10 years, running nitro for only 2 years. Personally I'm not at the level where driving a Ritchie would make me any faster (as are most of the people on this board). Faster to the first corner pileup doesn't count for me.
I however have seen insides and outsides of too many engines (our club has several world class tethered speedmodelcar racers) and I know (empirically) that mr. Ritchie is definitely not the only person on earth that knows how a model engine works.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Honestly......

Olev is correct number 9.To break it down in simple terms,If I can not get a ritchey and can get a Murnan for example,I {suppose} the Murnan is faster.Ritchey for whatever reason,and I personally don't care why,doesnt sell motors to the public so how am I to compare for myself.People who have these motors such as Tennessee and others are also excellent drivers so to based this off of his results is still not fair at all.Only way for the general racing public to find out is to buy both, compare both...BUT WE CAN'T,now can we.I am an educated consumer but hate when people through linguistics try to discredit other people findings without any real proof or data to thier own OPINION.Get over yourself.

Last edited by racenut123; 04-30-2003 at 08:06 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.