Wiki Posts
Search

Xxx-s @ Tchr

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Post Xxx-s @ Tchr

XXX-S setup for TCHR Ozite with Rubber Tires

Front: Shocks 50 wt oil, #56(pink) Piston, Purple Spring, #2 hole on tower, Camber Link #2 on tower, 1 gold washer under outer ball stud, Arms Forward, Front Diff, Over Drive pulley in fornt, Caster, 0 deg kick up in arms, 4 deg castor blocks, Droop #2, Zero Toe, 2 deg neg camber, 5mm ride height, Steel CVD's

Rear: Shocks 50 wt oil, #56(pink) piston, Blue Spring, #2 Hole on tower outside on arm, Camber Link #2 on tower B(outer) on hub carrier with 1 gold washer under outer ball stud, Arms Middle, 0 deg antisquat, Stock Toe In, Droop #4 , 5 mm ride height, 2.5deg neg camber, alum cvds

Batteries Forward, High Roll Center(stock), For Tires i usaully run Sorex 28 w/ green HPI insert in the front, Sorex 24 w/ green HPI insert in the rear when traction is high. if traction fades then i run Sorex 24 w/ green HPI inserts front, Sorex 20 w/ green HPI inserts in the rear, For gearing on the Green Machine 3 I gear around 22 or 23 / 90, and with a P2K around 24 or 25 / 90. I run the Belt pretty tight. I have not had any track time with the One Way or the Low Roll Center so I dont have any info about them.
Old 11-19-2001, 05:56 PM
Tech Rookie

XXX-S setup for TCHR Ozite with Foam Tires

Front: Shocks 70 wt oil, #57(black) Piston, Trinity Purple Congo Spring, #2 hole on tower, Camber Link #2 on tower, 1 gold washer under outer ball stud, Arms Forward, Front Diff, Over Drive pulley in fornt, Caster, 2 deg kick up in arms, 2 deg castor blocks, Droop #3, Zero Toe, 2 deg neg camber, 3.5mm ride height, Steel CVD's

Rear: Shocks 70 wt oil, #56(pink) piston, Trinity Blue Congo Spring, #3 Hole on tower outside on arm, Camber Link #2 on tower B(outer) on hub carrier with 1 gold washer under outer ball stud, Arms Middle, 0 deg antisquat, Stock Toe In, Droop #5 , 3.5 mm ride height, 2.5deg neg camber, alum cvds

Batteries Forward, High Roll Center(stock), For Tires I am running Proline Purples Front and Rear, when the traction was really high during octoberfast i ran Plaid Fronts, For gearing on the Green Machine 3 Im rolling out at about 27.2mm or 1.07in, for the MVP about 26.2mm or 1.03in. I run the Belt pretty tight. I have not had any track time with the One Way or the Low Roll Center so I dont have any info about them. I havent had much track time with sway bars either so... if anyone has any comments, or improvements about the Sweet XXX-S feel free to post it.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Cool Setup help

Nice of you to post your setup info for others. I know it takes time to find a good setup and your laptimes are looking pretty good...
Old 12-05-2001, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

john...thanks for the info....i will post my setup for ozite w\rubber, for comparison later.....
Old 12-05-2001, 11:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Mr. Losi.. so where do you run then? Scottys? Marrca? or the new track in LaCrosse? Ill be visiting Scottys for the Novak Race and i plan on showing up there with that setup and working from there let me know if you like it or hate it, or if you have any changes to reccomend! That Rubber setup is a variation on Lemiuxs setup from the Losi site, and the Foam setup is a variation on Andrew Grays setup!
Old 12-16-2001, 10:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey John,

it's Ben (just recently bought Chad's XXXS and ran the pro3 before).

Just wondering how your rubber set-up for Saturday (12/15) was different from the original set-up you posted here. You were so dang fast!!! Good job!

Later,
Ben
Old 12-17-2001, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

john..un fourtunatly, i dont think our setups (track to track) will transfer.....our track is different....as you learned.....
Old 12-18-2001, 10:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Ben- I added a one way, a front sway bar .047 and moved the front arms back to center. But one change i didnt make that i think i will is moving the rear camber link in to the #1 hole on the tower to help lock down the back some more.

Mr. Losi- Share with us your Mod winning setup so next time i visit i have a fighting chance! I ran a few practice packs in the morning through with a stocker in and my car felt pretty good, then switching to mod was just darn silly!!! But i did try something different each time my car hit the track and learned a little on the way, till next time!
Old 12-19-2001, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

My set up is actually pretty close then. . . I had 2 degree kickup in the front. I took a few laps tonight with it and I would like the steering to be a little more agressive. So I'm going to 0 kickup and see how that feels. I've only raced the car once so far and then some practice laps tonight(wednesday) and it's starting to feel pretty good now.

thanks,
Ben
Old 12-27-2001, 12:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default XXX-S gear chart

I made a gear chart for the XXX-S with the correct ratios for 64pitch (Dave's chart had the 64pitch ratios incorrect)

Old 01-14-2002, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default setup

John, what's your current setup?
Old 02-06-2002, 09:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Low roll center

Pokie or John, have you guys tried the low roll center mod yet? How did it work out? Also, who makes low roll center blocks besides SpeedTech R/C?
Old 02-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

*large tumbleweed flys by*
Old 02-16-2002, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Have any of you guys tried "THE MONSTER ROLL CENTER", i heard its real fast!
Old 02-16-2002, 11:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Doesn't the monster roll center call for you to drop the arms 5mm below the chassis? Erik would be able to make the A-main if he did that mod and I would drop even farther back in the pack!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.