cooling head

Old 01-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default cooling head

First i should say hello all,new to this forum.now for some advice.i run an rd logics sho 1/8 buggy.awesome buggy for what i paid.i bought an aftermarket cooling head today.it is quite a bit larger than the stock head.the stock one had less than my pinkie finger space above the glow plug.could not even slide my pinkie in.the new one is enormous compared to stock.i can fit two of my fingers in it.my question is this,will this make a sizeable difference in my motor temp and will i even see it?was it worth the money to buy it?thanks for time and replies. i have attached some photos of the cooling head in question and some pics of my buggy.anyone else here have a Sho?anyway,i am glad to have found this forum and thank you for your time and any replies.
Attached Thumbnails cooling head-cooling-head.jpg   cooling head-buggy.jpg   cooling head-buggy2.jpg  
Old 01-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Nice buggy and welcome to the forums. You should see some temp changes but probably not huge. You should still tune by the smoke coming from the pipe and how it feels/sounds. My buddy put a crazy nut racing head on his motor once that lowered the temp alot and he would always run it lean just because it temped lower. But you could hear it was lean and insane power. He quit the hobby though so I never got a chance to see it blow!

Was it worth it? Well if you like it yes. If you had a very small or onroad like head before then yes. I think it looks pretty sweet, and that's half what this hobby is about!!lol

Just pay attention to your motor, and remember you're always better off running rich than lean.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

well ran the buggy today.big big difference in temp.a pleasant surprise.