Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Duratrax indycar range >

Duratrax indycar range

Duratrax indycar range

Old 07-19-2017, 01:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Duratrax indycar range

H all,New to this forum and the rc world.hoping someone can help me.I was given two duratrax indy cars complete with radio/controllers.the problem I'm having is very short range.with the antennas to both the car and radio almost touching it.operates fine.once they get approx 6 feet apart they loose their signal.I have tried all the obvious things.antenna wire continuity between wire in antenna and receiver circuit board,battery voltage,various connections,different motors.im a aircraft mechanic who is pretty good with a meter so I think I covered all the obvious points.I have tried ever combination between the two cars.different receivers,esc's,batteries,motors,radio's etc.is there something obvious I'm missing.were these receivers junk,is there something I'm missing?is there a reasonably priced receiver that I could buy as a replacement?thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would say your radio gear is no longer working right. If you have good batteries, you should be able to go at least 150 feet away. If you need a good replacement and plan on staying in the hobby, invest in a good radio set.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jds350ss
H all,New to this forum and the rc world.hoping someone can help me.I was given two duratrax indy cars complete with radio/controllers.the problem I'm having is very short range.with the antennas to both the car and radio almost touching it.operates fine.once they get approx 6 feet apart they loose their signal.I have tried all the obvious things.antenna wire continuity between wire in antenna and receiver circuit board,battery voltage,various connections,different motors.im a aircraft mechanic who is pretty good with a meter so I think I covered all the obvious points.I have tried ever combination between the two cars.different receivers,esc's,batteries,motors,radio's etc.is there something obvious I'm missing.were these receivers junk,is there something I'm missing?is there a reasonably priced receiver that I could buy as a replacement?thanks in advance for any help.
Post pics if you can. Having the antenna too close to power wires or the ESC can cause issues like this and with the limited space in those cars it is very likely happening.