Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
MOTONICA 1/8 SCALE ONROAD ITALIAN CAR >

MOTONICA 1/8 SCALE ONROAD ITALIAN CAR

MOTONICA 1/8 SCALE ONROAD ITALIAN CAR

Old 05-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Motonica

I tried my new Motonica for the first time last saturday. With pretty standard set up - and Motonica body, it was very balanced, fast and easy to drive.

During the first testing day I ran app. 1 liter of fuel, without any problems except the clutch which need fine tuning.

The brakes are better than anything I ever tested. I have been using the MRX4 lately, and the Motonica was comparable with the Mugen right of the box. Tomorrow I am going to test it again, starting to work more on the geometry of the car.

My immediate feeling is that this car has great potential. I still have my MRX4 and will still use it and test it against the Motonica to get some reference.

Off course the MRX4 is a very good car - much better than the 960 in my opinion, although most cars can be very fast in the right hands.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Rctech, would you mine sharing some photo...
Old 05-31-2006, 02:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by PMSorber
During the EC-B at Trembley some drivers competed with this car, they could not compete up against the 960 or MRX.
What does this tell us about the car? Nothing!
It could be that the drivers of the Motonica wasn't up to the drivers of the Mugens and Serpents.
Maybe the engines they used wasn't fast enough.

And remember, this was the B-euro's. None of the best drivers where attending.

I think it's much more usefull to hear from people who has actually tested the car than comments from people who barely has seen the car.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:15 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robban
What does this tell us about the car? Nothing!
It could be that the drivers of the Motonica wasn't up to the drivers of the Mugens and Serpents.
I agree, that is why Kyosho is the world champion, just because they have the bucks to afford the best of the best.....
Maybe the engines they used wasn't fast enough.
No comment, it was a Ninja.....
According to a lot of people here, they are ballistic......
http://www.rc-junkies.nl/foto/pictures/B-EK2006-60.JPG
And remember, this was the B-euro's. None of the best drivers where attending.
Well, believe me, the top 10 drivers in the "B" Euro's can compete in the top 30 of the "A"......
I think it's much more usefull to hear from people who has actually tested the car than comments from people who barely has seen the car.
Yes and no, because if you bought the car and afterwards have to admit that your "old" car was better, is the same as admitting that you are stupid because you just thrown away a lot of money......

Nobody will admit they made a stupid choice......

But fo what it's worth, I've heard that Motonica is busy getting "top" drivers, and that a certain "brand" will not be to happy with this........
That's what i've heard, I don't even know which brand we are talking about......

Last edited by M7H; 05-31-2006 at 04:24 AM. Reason: small change
Old 05-31-2006, 04:22 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by retech
Off course the MRX4 is a very good car - much better than the 960 in my opinion, although most cars can be very fast in the right hands.
Have You driven the 960?.. no?... then you can't give comments on that.....
Comparing the Motonica with Your MRX is a good reference, and I also know that the car has potential, because:
a) I've seen it competing in the Dutch Championship
b) A teammate from my team is testing it......

Also, like everything new, give it time......
Old 05-31-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Rookie

M7H: My point is, you can't judge the the Motonica after the results in the B-euro's.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:56 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robban
M7H: My point is, you can't judge the the Motonica after the results in the B-euro's.
I agree, but keep in mind that I'm not judging it......
Old 05-31-2006, 07:35 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by retech
I tried my new Motonica for the first time last saturday. With pretty standard set up - and Motonica body, it was very balanced, fast and easy to drive.

During the first testing day I ran app. 1 liter of fuel, without any problems except the clutch which need fine tuning.

The brakes are better than anything I ever tested. I have been using the MRX4 lately, and the Motonica was comparable with the Mugen right of the box. Tomorrow I am going to test it again, starting to work more on the geometry of the car.

My immediate feeling is that this car has great potential. I still have my MRX4 and will still use it and test it against the Motonica to get some reference.

1) I only state the fact on the Euro-B, there where only 2 Motonica's running.

2) It is your opinion that a MRX4 is very good (much better than the 960) I disagree, it is depending upon driver, track and engine. During the Euro-B the MRX4 was a less compatitive car.

3) The Motonica looks like a great car, but every car needs development and good drivers to develop. Dit you ever tried to change the stabi at the back?
Old 05-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Motonica - not only good looks...!

Have You driven the 960?.. no?... then you can't give comments on that.....
Off course I can give comments on that. Even if I have not tested the 960. I base my experience on the fact that I have seen people go from Mugen to 960 - never beeing able to lap the same times as before. I have seen people changing from Mrx4 to 960 and back again...why? I have seen 960 drivers changing to Mrx4 - and immediately lap faster times.

But then again I know certain drivers are extremely fast with the 960 - I think you will see Mikael Franzon of Sweden will prove this during the EC in July. The same with others as well.

So what I mean is that Mrx4, 960 are all possible winning cars in the big races. My point is that so will Motonica be. I am just back from my second test of the car - I ran another 2 liters of fuel today, and I am more and more confident the car will be a real contender in the hands of a top driver.

I tested many different settings today and at the end of the day I was as fast as I ever been with the MRX4. This is the SECOND time I test the car. During 3 liter of fuel I have not experienced ANY mechanical brakedown so far. However to get the clutch effect I wanted I changed to Serpent yellow clutch (pad?) and Mugen spring (silver).

I started the test today with the standard black suspension springs that come with the set - but found the silver (harder) springs to work much better. I did a lot of different geometry set ups - but I have to to more testing to say anything more about the effects of the different settings - as todays grip improved a lot during the session. Anyway as I said - at the end of the session I was as fast as I ever were with the Mugen - so my point is that the car in my opinion has very big potential, and a possible contender to Mrx4 and 960 IF a top driver us running the car. Give it some time and the results will come.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default team shepherd pierre

I've driven several various models and it mainly comes down to preference in ,what your taste maybe in regards to choosing,the right car for you .my experience with my first car was and serpent and it was to complicated to set up or better terms dialed in so ,I moved on to the mugen and later trinity ...the most important factor in dealing with several chassis and that's to find the right car that fits your driving style...I'm currently awaiting,the arrival of my new shepherd velox eleven and its very design is and testament to its prowness on the race circuit around world .....