Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
MF1, same as XXX-T rtr minus carbon fiber? >

MF1, same as XXX-T rtr minus carbon fiber?

MF1, same as XXX-T rtr minus carbon fiber?

Old 01-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default MF1, same as XXX-T rtr minus carbon fiber?

Dont want to get a huge thread going or anything, I would just like to know if the current rtr xxx-t is the same truck as the MF1. I'm asking because I see set-up sheets for the rtr truck on Losi's site and want to try them on the MF1 I just got (new to off-road trucks/on a budget,ect.) My guess is that the MF1 is the same as the rtr except for the CF.

Also, if I break parts can I just use MF2 parts, and which ones? Last, which spur/pinion combo is good for an 11x2 (I wanna make it fly out in front of the house-look out!). Thanx in advance for any input.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

The RTR II is pretty much the same as the MF1 minus the hop-ups. No graphite, titanium, or any lightened parts.

Some parts will interchange on the MF1 and MF2 and some won't. I believe arms can be replaced, but the hub carriers need to be replaced once the arms are replaced. I'm not sure about the shock towers or other parts.

I don't run mod, so I can't really tell you much about a good spur and pinion combo. Most of the mod guys run the standard 86 spur gear and usually run about 4 or 5 over the motor wind for the pinon. So in your case you might run 15 or 16 pinion.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

the xxx t is alot alike the mf1 i have 1... the diff is the mf1 has graphite and cvds it a lot lighter ..... and i thank the xxxt has diff body...
Old 01-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

and yea the part from a mf1 will fit a xxx t...
Old 01-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

well the mf1 is a great truck and yes parts from the rtr are interchangeable with it.
the differences between the two are the graphite parts, threaded shocks, titanium turnbuckles, lightweight top shaft in the tranny...I would recommend to replace the front and rear pivot blocks with aluminum ones...if you can find them.
the mf2 has some of the same parts as the mf1 but the tranny and cvd's are diffent as well as the arms and hubs.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

where can i get aluminum pivot block.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OutlawPro3
well the mf1 is a great truck and yes parts from the rtr are interchangeable with it.
the differences between the two are the graphite parts, threaded shocks, titanium turnbuckles, lightweight top shaft in the tranny...I would recommend to replace the front and rear pivot blocks with aluminum ones...if you can find them.
the mf2 has some of the same parts as the mf1 but the tranny and cvd's are diffent as well as the arms and hubs.
Yeah about the rear pivot block I HAD to find one made from aluminun because the stock one is pretty much stripped. I found one used (with nitride hinge pins included) for 20 bux on ebay. Thanx to everyone for the help... I threw a 11x2 in using a 15t pinion and it RIPS, very fast almost too much for the street . I have to put it away after a few minutes or every kid in the neighborhood wants to play with it
Old 01-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

The aluminum one tends to allow the screws to back out. 2 laps into a qualifier the screws are so far out that the entire rear end wants to steer the car. A little bit of Losi CA on the threads cleared this up. Longer screws threaded into some beefy locknuts will also do the trick.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

You can get the 2 degree rear pivot from both horizon hobbies and tower hobbies websites for around $26-$27. The 0 degree pivot has been discontinued so maybe from ebay for that one.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
The aluminum one tends to allow the screws to back out. 2 laps into a qualifier the screws are so far out that the entire rear end wants to steer the car. A little bit of Losi CA on the threads cleared this up. Longer screws threaded into some beefy locknuts will also do the trick.
I have'nt received the aluminum pivot block yet, but as far as loose screws go would'nt some blue thread-lock do the trick? This truck is awesome so far it- just seams to push a bit unless i let off the throttle going into turns, I like having a off-road vehicle again and really like having a Losi again, This company I feel is going to win people over that are tired of seeing other manufactures constantly releasing new cars just to make a buck. I also think the push might be from going mach-10 in the driveway with the 11 turn and expecting the thing to just disregard the 35-40 mph it's going!!! At least it does'nt spin out, cant beat that.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, I forgot to mention definitly use BLUE thread lock on the screws and it will be fine.