Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Following.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G-rem
Hi there,

I am considering introducing some lateral "slop" in the front monoshock suspension design in order to try to get some more independant moves, either by o-rings at both sides between the support and the lever, either by belleville washers.

Any thoughts about this?

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Basically up travel adjustment...that way you can tune roll independent from heave, it's done that way in 1:1. Only lacking now a roll bar.
Can you please elaborate on or illustrate this, I'm not sure to understand well
I mean: do you agree with how I described the updates I'm planning to make?
Old 05-07-2017, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with you but some parts I can offer a more refined version, or a better version as I understand what they are trying to accomplish.
G-rem likes this.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

Love it, might consider one
G-rem likes this.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Hi there,

I am considering introducing some lateral "slop" in the front monoshock suspension design in order to try to get some more independant moves, either by o-rings at both sides between the support and the lever, either by belleville washers.

Any thoughts about this?
Maybe you could use transverse shock + antirollbar (some pan cars have it this way), that way you can get low CG, too. But I'm not sure how it affects look
Old 05-17-2017, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Prototype V2 parts are home, can't wait to build the car!
Stay tuned...
Old 05-17-2017, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Prototype V2 parts are home, can't wait to build the car!
Stay tuned...
Been looking at your design and I found it interesting. Just one question, though, have you considered using an off-road gearbox with a modified motor plate to accommodate larger pinion gear? Newer off-road cars use a very flat transmission which could work well.

Martin Paradis
Old 05-17-2017, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
Been looking at your design and I found it interesting. Just one question, though, have you considered using an off-road gearbox with a modified motor plate to accommodate larger pinion gear? Newer off-road cars use a very flat transmission which could work well.
Hi,

I have not considered this yet, mainly because it would involve a lot more development costs than my current design (I don't have any off-road car right now, so no practical way to take measures of this low-down gear box,...).
But that's for sure an idea to keep in mind!

Regards,
G-rem
Old 05-18-2017, 11:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Beautiful chassis G-rem! I have no idea how it is that I missed this thread!

I am also contemplating the mono-shock idea and personally I don't think it would be that hard to implement. Using F103/F104 slip-plate attached to the rockers with ball joints, it should be doable.

Also, you could consider spacing the rockers farther apart and make use of Team Associated rockers for smaller scale trucks that have more of an asymmetric geometry instead of the Tamiya/FGX type design. This might help if you have a tall diff gear. You could also design your own rocker so that the end that attaches to the slip-plate has the screw hole oriented to be parallel to the plate.

I like the idea of the final drive being a belt as it would allow that section of the transmission to be compact, and incorporating the specR diff would be pretty exquisite.

I'm still thinking to design a layout that is a center mounted inline motor with a helical gear for a pinion mated to a spur with differential. Any good suggestions for a helical pinion/spur set?
Old 05-20-2017, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tamiya4life
Beautiful chassis G-rem! I have no idea how it is that I missed this thread!

I am also contemplating the mono-shock idea and personally I don't think it would be that hard to implement. Using F103/F104 slip-plate attached to the rockers with ball joints, it should be doable.

Also, you could consider spacing the rockers farther apart and make use of Team Associated rockers for smaller scale trucks that have more of an asymmetric geometry instead of the Tamiya/FGX type design. This might help if you have a tall diff gear. You could also design your own rocker so that the end that attaches to the slip-plate has the screw hole oriented to be parallel to the plate.

I like the idea of the final drive being a belt as it would allow that section of the transmission to be compact, and incorporating the specR diff would be pretty exquisite.

I'm still thinking to design a layout that is a center mounted inline motor with a helical gear for a pinion mated to a spur with differential. Any good suggestions for a helical pinion/spur set?
Thanks for your kind words!

Your idea is not bad, I keep it in mind for further developments if my first iterations are not validated by the tests on track

I like what you are describing for your design, it would be a big step further in the "scaleness" game, as real F1 have a motor implementation like this! But finding helical "pinion gear" will be hard I think As spur/gear diff, you should use Awesomatix A700 gear diff (#GD2), they are the best on the market!

Regards,
G-rem
Old 05-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

I did receive parts from Shapeways for the prototype V2 and took the time to put them together...now she is alive!!

(don't pay attention to the awful Renault body, I needed to use an old one to cut it in order to see if it can match my side-pods floors)

All my creations are protected by copyright!

I'm pretty happy with the final result as all the "theorethical" points raised up on Solidworks match the reality expectation, but it still needs some minor adjustements and improvements (side-pods floors adjustement, steering rack improvement,...). So back to the drawing table for the last version before the final carbon/alu parts, I hope

As usual, feel free to share your comments and thoughts on the design, they are always useful!

Regads,
G-rem

Last edited by G-rem; 10-03-2017 at 03:09 AM.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would looove to test this on a track!
G-rem likes this.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

OH MY
Old 05-20-2017, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Boostinswifty38
I would looove to test this on a track!
Me too, I can't wait to finish the prototype stage and then the producction stage to hit the track and see how my design works!
Oleg Babich, wtcc and walrusjon like this.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow, so many likes, thanks guys!

And even mister Babich himself likes it, so cool!
Please Oleg, can you put your engineering skills into such a design in order to offer a true piece of art 1/10 RC realistic F1!! Compared to your outstanding work on the Awesomatix car, it would not be that hard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.