Wiki Posts
Search

Collari innotech engines

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default Collari innotech engines

Hi,

the reason i am asking you guys is that i need help i have just purchased myself a 12 sg turbo collari, im having problems placing it into my HPI Super rally i wonder if anyone has had problems them selves how can i solve this as i really need help.
Right what my problem is that my fly wheel wont go over the threads on my crank to go to the collet could i drill hole abit bigger or what can i do???

i reaaly like this to work so come on guys if anyone can help give me a shout
Old 11-21-2002, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

You are SOL. Even if you did drill out the hole in the flywheel, an sg shaft motor is to short. The hpi flywheel has the long spacer on it so the flywheel will be spaced out further, sg shaft motors use a flywheel are much shorter. It's hard to explain but if you did get the flywheel on you will only have 1-2 exposed threads on the shaft. You need to use a long-shaft motor for hpi.
Old 11-22-2002, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Why not run a different clutch? You should be able to buy a clutch designed to work with any sg shaft motor for around $50. Check the one for the Mugen MTX2. It should be pretty cheap. You may have to buy the parts individually, though. There's nothing special about a clutch.