Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Team Orion HMX10 esc >

Team Orion HMX10 esc

Like Tree23Likes

Team Orion HMX10 esc

Old 07-19-2017, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

Good point about the BEC voltage, I hadn't thought of that and all my servos are 7.4v rated. This is one of those "when I update my chassis as the start of the season I'll consider upgrading the esc" kind of deals. The R10.1 is a phenomenal Esc, likely as good as a club racer will ever need. But the increased efficiently of the HMX could possibly provide benefits in spec racing for sure. I know my 13.5 wheelers could use all the help they can get keeping the same power start to finish. Have to say though, I'm running the Maclan 32bit in one of them and the benefit wasn't noticeable to me. But then again, all these top tier esc's are really good these days. Anyone remember when the Novak 410 was the shite? We've come a long long way.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Iphone

Can we all get together and ask orion when their Apple support will arrive? Orion doesn't seem to respond... at all... ever... on any media venue... does Orion even really exist?
Old 07-20-2017, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Finalist
Can we all get together and ask orion when their Apple support will arrive? Orion doesn't seem to respond... at all... ever... on any media venue... does Orion even really exist?
I lol'd at that. Cuz it's true.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by timannnn6
I lol'd at that. Cuz it's true.
We may find out. I emailed Orion's corporate parent company, [email protected], yesterday asking about HMX Apple support and when will it be available.

No response on FB, no response on myteamOrion contact page, no response from high ranking team members.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

We may find out. I emailed Orion's corporate parent company, [email protected], yesterday asking about HMX Apple support and when will it be available.

No response on FB, no response on myteamOrion contact page, no response from high ranking team members.
I know they put out a nice speed control and all, but this lack of customer support is mind boggling for how much they charge for this thing. Not even a "We're sorry sir, we are experiencing a high volume of inquiries, we will respond to your issue as soon as possible"?
Old 07-21-2017, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I know they put out a nice speed control and all, but this lack of customer support is mind boggling for how much they charge for this thing. Not even a "We're sorry sir, we are experiencing a high volume of inquiries, we will respond to your issue as soon as possible"?
I can almost understand their lack of communication being they are a small Swiss company, but they are not a "Mom and Pop" shop with a language and time zone barrier. They have full time English speaking marketing/design staff as noted in one of their youtube vids. Not to mention the support by their reps in the USA is also non existent.

To absolutely deny any customer support can only be explained by a company policy of "Don't talk to anyone, just get their money."
Old 07-21-2017, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I can almost understand their lack of communication being they are a small Swiss company, but they are not a "Mom and Pop" shop with a language and time zone barrier. They have full time English speaking marketing/design staff as noted in one of their youtube vids. Not to mention the support by their reps in the USA is also non existent.

To absolutely deny any customer support can only be explained by a company policy of "Don't talk to anyone, just get their money."
Well it sure as heck seems like they subscribe to that policy lol. If I wanted a 32-bit ESC with terrible support, I'd save some money and get an ORCA
Old 07-28-2017, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

We have released new firmwares 1.04 and 2.04 for modified and blinky (EFRA legal).
The main changes in the are:
• Low end power response improved
• Possibility to have stronger brakes by lowering brake frequency
• Timing increase now has more effect on performance (need less timing than previous firmware)
• Punch setting range extended
• Max torque setting function improved
• Added a brake frequency setting to change brake feeling/power (lower = stronger)
• Modified firmware now has default working timing settings (RPM/Turbo) with 10deg timing (you don't need to start from scratch anymore)
• Blinky firmware 2.04 is EFRA approved

Keeps getting better.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dinosback
We have released new firmwares 1.04 and 2.04 for modified and blinky (EFRA legal).
The main changes in the are:
• Low end power response improved
• Possibility to have stronger brakes by lowering brake frequency
• Timing increase now has more effect on performance (need less timing than previous firmware)
• Punch setting range extended
• Max torque setting function improved
• Added a brake frequency setting to change brake feeling/power (lower = stronger)
• Modified firmware now has default working timing settings (RPM/Turbo) with 10deg timing (you don't need to start from scratch anymore)
• Blinky firmware 2.04 is EFRA approved

Keeps getting better.

"we"

May I assume by "we" you work for Orion?

May I trouble you with a question? (Every other method of contact has been a dead end)

Would you kindly give me any details on the iOS app release date? Anything like, "next week" or "next month" or "next year" or "never"? anything at all?

Please?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you buy Orion stuff. Meaning you're not likely to have corporate info. thanks
Old 07-28-2017, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

He probably just copied from their site. I've never seen anyone from Orion comment on anything....anywhere.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Thinking to get this ESC but seems the price GOLD. I stick with my orion r10.1 if they release ios app might get one.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

"we"

May I assume by "we" you work for Orion?

May I trouble you with a question? (Every other method of contact has been a dead end)

Would you kindly give me any details on the iOS app release date? Anything like, "next week" or "next month" or "next year" or "never"? anything at all?

Please?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you buy Orion stuff. Meaning you're not likely to have corporate info. thanks
No, I do not work with or for Orion. Yes, I copied from an email I got from Orion. I would call Horizon Hobby to see if they have any iOS app info.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whats the lowest turn the Blinky model can handle for a motor and whats the major difference between the 2?
Old 07-31-2017, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Is it now possible to switch firmware to blinky or mod with the downloads available on hmxtechnology.com? I see there are downloads available but have not heard anybody switching the firmware? does it work finally?
Old 07-31-2017, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Is it now possible to switch firmware to blinky or mod with the downloads available on hmxtechnology.com? I see there are downloads available but have not heard anybody switching the firmware? does it work finally?
Yes, Just download the mod or blinky software and your good to go. I'm glad they fixed that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.