Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

VTA Motors Novak vs Trinity

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RussF
So does nobody know what is better, faster, stronger? There is no class, sanctioning body, or rules to consider here, just a 25.5 motor with a 12.3 or a 12.5 rotor. I will be putting it in a touring car.

My inclination is that if its not allowed in sanctioned rules and events the 12.5 must be better.
Generally speaking, the larger diameter rotor is going to give you a little more torque (punch) and the smaller diameter rotor will provide more RPM. So if you were running on a small to medium sized track, the 12.5 rotor would likely yield slightly faster lap times depending on the layout. If the track is on the larger side or not very technical, the 12.3 might yield faster lap times due to it's slightly higher RPM.

So if I were just going to bash around in large parking lots, I would probably get a motor with a 12.3 rotor in it.

Does this answer your question?
Old 04-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by microed
Generally speaking, the larger diameter rotor is going to give you a little more torque (punch) and the smaller diameter rotor will provide more RPM. So if you were running on a small to medium sized track, the 12.5 rotor would likely yield slightly faster lap times depending on the layout. If the track is on the larger side or not very technical, the 12.3 might yield faster lap times due to it's slightly higher RPM.

So if I were just going to bash around in large parking lots, I would probably get a motor with a 12.3 rotor in it.

Does this answer your question?
yes, thank you for the response.