Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS/JP Mod V-Spec

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default OS/JP Mod V-Spec

JP and OS join forces!!!!!!!! JP Red putty filled crank, JP Crankcase, and JP carburetor. OS Piston/Sleeve, and OS cylinder head.

Specs from Mugen soon, but so far it looks as if this motor has a lot of potential!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails OS/JP Mod V-Spec-jpvspec.jpg   OS/JP Mod V-Spec-jpvspec2.jpg  
Old 01-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You've just got to hope to god it doesn't have OS bearings!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Never had problems with bearings in my OS vspec, and i have 3 of them!!! You just need take it easy on nitro motors, take care of them by keeping temps down,air filters clean, and always use after run oil,and clean and inspect after every race and it will last a very long time. i have about 3 gallons in my very first vspec, and belive it or not, i only change my p3 plug 2 times in a whole race season..i will be buying the JP MOD model soon as it hits the market!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've got a version sitting in my MBX-5 at the moment, it's not the full JP production motor, but it is a JP mod. Much better fuel milage, low idle, and yes, it has JP sealed bearings.

So Far, so good!
Old 01-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Suspended

would you mind pulling the motor out of your buggy, break it down real quick and snap some detailed pic's of the mods for us nitro junkies on the tech?..PLEASE?
Old 01-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Suspended

????
Old 01-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

3 gallons ??? That's it ? My Nova Rossi's aren't even fully run in at 3 gallons .
I have seen FAR too many VSpecs blown up here in NewEngland to even consider one .... This NovaRossi /RB Country here !
Old 01-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sure, no problem. I am running it tomorrow but I will break it down and get a few pics. The ones posted are from JP. My motor run much better than the old stock VSPEC, but I don't know what will go into the actual production motor. My old V-Spec was very jerky at lower speeds, but it is SUPER smooth now.

mremtr: I hear you on that one. OS V-Specs are notorious for blowing up the front bearing and stretching the rod, I have seen it many times. The new PRODUCTION engine should have the JP sealed bearings (at least I hope so, my mod VSPEC does), which I have never had trouble with. As for stretching the rod on the new motor: I don't know at this point, I haven't run mine a whole lot. (again, don't know what will go into the production motor) I think it will last longer, because the motor is much smoother. Like I said, the stockers are very jerky, and that probably contributes to stretched rods.

I"ll hopefully get one of the first production motors, I am looking forward to seeing what else they will be thrown into the mix when they are released to the public.

Too bad the manufacturer sponsored guys always get stuff like this first!!!!!