Search
Like Tree1Likes

Track Lyons (curbs)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Track Lyons (curbs)

I'm sure some of you have seen them on Facebook but for those of you that haven't just wanting all the racers to know what's available to hopefully make your race day more enjoyable.
I'm designed and building light weight indestructible (within reason ) curbs.
They don't damage your car in any way and will save your body from its demise. They are even friendly to 1/12 cars .
I was against dots and curbs untill I went to Vegas this season and realized I brought too many bodies . Lol I usually go thru 2 sometimes 3 bodies at a large event with lots of track time due to several ....Moments of inaccuracy.lol so yea been working on a simple way to make them so not only our home track can have them but Mae them available to every track and make them the standard so we all are prepared to do business at the track . Your able to drive on them with about 2/3 of your car without flipping ,your car will just push wide .
1/2 of your car up onto the curb and no affect to drive line . But manage to get any higher and you will flip over .
Going to post up a few pics shortly . Hope everyone checks them out and tells there track director about them if interested.
Also last but not least the name "Track Lyons" is (in my thinking ) pronounced "Track lines" cause I'm from the south lol
Old 01-09-2017, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by jlfx car audio; 03-01-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Very nice, I assume they will work on asphalt or are they too light and slide around on asphalt? Our club could use these, we use old farming discs and they really launch your car if you hit them.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looks good. I have a few questions/concerns...

- What type of material are they made of (rubber/plastic/???)
- Are they solid or molded (will they get smashed/squished if stepped on?)
- Will they slide unexpectedly if a turn marshal steps on them?
- Do you have a 180 degree turn option (to cap the end of a single straight piece of track barrier)?
Old 01-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by glennhl
Very nice, I assume they will work on asphalt or are they too light and slide around on asphalt? Our club could use these, we use old farming discs and they really launch your car if you hit them.
They are designed to be used on carpet but I'm sure someone is creative enough to attach something to the bottom to hold them down easily ... I was going to put a bottom on them so they could be filled with anything but it wasn't feasible for shipping shipping and price point .
Old 01-10-2017, 04:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
They are designed to be used on carpet but I'm sure someone is creative enough to attach something to the bottom to hold them down easily ... I was going to put a bottom on them so they could be filled with anything but it wasn't feasible for shipping shipping and price point .
Hi, I would be interested in the kerbs you have made. What is the price for them ? Could you PM me on this ?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-10-2017, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

subscribing
Old 01-10-2017, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

nice
Old 01-10-2017, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

I also am interested in some. Please pm me price and time frame till production.

Patrick
Old 01-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran Sunday with this new curbing. I know everyone has different opinions about these things but I liked them. They will definitely help save bodies for some drivers. The biggest thing with these is placement. There are some corners that they are not needed. If they are curved , smooth piping that you can go around at full throttle without taking the chance of smashing your car or getting stuck against if you brush them then you don't need them. On the slower, tight corners I thought they worked good. Just like the end of a pipe, you have to learn the line and miss them. The good thing is if you hit these in those type of corners it may kick you out but is way better than hitting the end of the pipe and possibly sticking your car in the pipe.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

before this gets out of hand on the advertising lets keep this focused on the use of curbing and your opinions . i have a facebook page that can answer any questions you might have about them.
so who likes curbs?
Old 01-10-2017, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

- What type of material are they made of (rubber/plastic/???)
its a foam core type of material plastic on the outer sides and a dense foam
its called PVC plactic

- Are they solid or molded (will they get smashed/squished if stepped on?)
they are molded , the 7mm version can be stood on without breaking or deforming . the 3mm curbs will flatten out but pop back out . you can't break them ,crack them, rip them , the material can be scratched and cut if hit with something sharp .

- Will they slide unexpectedly if a turn marshal steps on them?
No ,at least not on carpet

- Do you have a 180 degree turn option (to cap the end of a single straight piece of track barrier)?
not at this time i have countless hrs invested in building my press for this shape which in most cases works great . Im looking into building a 180deg dot made of plastic but unable to justify it at this time .
Old 01-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I ran on them Sunday and they do seem to save a lot of body damage. They give a gentle deflection from otherwise damaging corners. This saved my body and chassis.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl
Any sliding could be easily cured with a little tape along the backside of the curbing and on each end if the back wasn't enough. Would love to see these used at our track, would help with visibility too.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
Any sliding could be easily cured with a little tape along the backside of the curbing and on each end if the back wasn't enough. Would love to see these used at our track, would help with visibility too.
Good idea. I'm hoping maybe they will get some in time for the Asphalt Challenge....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.