Wiki Posts
Search

Orion GP 4300 cells!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I think Hara was using that to power his tire warmers.
But Rick in all seriousness where can I buy these batteries? I've bought the other SP2 batties that Orion has offered and they frankly suck. Everyone talks about how Orion has a ton of money tied up in GP and that is the reason they use GP. All the matchers say Orion has the "special" cells that no one else can get and that is why they are fast with them. Also if the GP cell is so superior why do the US Peak/Orion drivers use the IB cell? I would love to buy Orion batteries as the races have shown the GP is a very powerful battery yet everytime you hear someone buying them over the counter they are worthless.

Brian
Old 02-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Peak/Orion must really likes its US team if they give them tire warmer packs to race with.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

I didn't new that IB was good enough for tire warmer, GP win races and show us what is good !
Old 02-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Book 'em Danno
Old 02-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

impossible that hara will using IB to run his tire warmer because if you runing in tire warmer y still need it to let the IB cool down by fan?
Old 02-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by WorldCup2004
I didn't new that IB was good enough for tire warmer, GP win races and show us what is good !

Actually here in the US we use GP to power our lathes and IB to win races.

We expected to do battle against GP/Orion at the Snowbirds but to our surprise the Orion drivers were using IB3800s at the race.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Suspended

I think Hara was using that to power his tire warmers.

Ya right, tire warmers when the temp. as like 100 and the humidity was over 90 percent...ya dude todd said that IBs were used @ the birds..finally rick hohwart you are a liar................LMFAO......i didnt see any tire warmers in the pics....you are the true business man rick...
Old 02-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mhejjas
Seriously, that's absurd.
1. Technically it is an absolute bullshit.
2. Businesswise a technology like this wouldn't be available for consumer purposes for at least 10 years.

Miklos Hejjas
Electrotechnology Engineer
It was a joke...
Old 02-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Team Orion Japan, sale the IB Orion cell. But only for Japan Market, i think.

TeamHomies, you are Derek Furutani?

Yann.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Neosaka
Team Orion Japan, sale the IB Orion cell. But only for Japan Market, i think.

TeamHomies, you are Derek Furutani?

Yann.
no im not....
Old 02-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TeamHomies
Ya right, tire warmers when the temp. as like 100 and the humidity was over 90 percent...ya dude todd said that IBs were used @ the birds..finally rick hohwart you are a liar................LMFAO......i didnt see any tire warmers in the pics....you are the true business man rick...
I guess you and the others do not understand a joke. Congrats Brian Anthony - the only one with a sense of humor.

Neosaka is also giving you a clue that using the Team Homies name gives the impression that you are Derek. You should change your name.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Suspended

I guess you and the others do not understand a joke. Congrats Brian Anthony - the only one with a sense of humor.

Neosaka is also giving you a clue that using the Team Homies name gives the impression that you are Derek. You should change your name.

no chance ....
Old 02-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

I thought everything was serious on these boards?? They aren't?? Why didn't anyone tell me??

Hahaha

This had to be the worst 20 mins I have ever used up to read a thread!

Last edited by Orange; 02-20-2006 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Sport vs Hobby vs Toys...

Toy vs. Sport, LOL... Do a search on the ROAR threads and this discussion has already taken place! If hot dog eating and spelling bees (Both of which have fat AND skinny geeks on them) are on ESPN, they certainly must be a sport, LOL...

From dictionary.com:

sport : Pronunciation Key (spôrt, sprt)
n.

1)a: Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
b: A particular form of this activity.
2) An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
3) An active pastime; recreation.

I don't know, but just maybe, R/C racing can be included in those meanings.

Why does a person have to be paid for it to be a sport?? When you get paid to do a job, lets say you work at McDonalds as a burger flipper.... You are a cook and that would be a "Profession" If you work there for more than 2 years you would have to be considered a "Professional" burger flipper...

From dictionary.com:

pro·fes·sion·al : Pronunciation Key (pr-fsh-nl)
adj.

1)a: Of, relating to, engaged in, or suitable for a profession: lawyers, doctors, and other professional people.
b: Conforming to the standards of a profession: professional behavior.
2) Engaging in a given activity as a source of livelihood or as a career: a professional writer.
3) Performed by persons receiving pay: professional football.
4) Having or showing great skill; expert: a professional repair job

With that said, there are LOTS of paid drivers that race r/c cars as their profession... That would make them Professional R/C Car Drivers...

How about it just end here and everyone call it a hobby like it has ALWAY's has been called.... Oh that brings me to another thing... In bowling, you go to a "Pro Shop" to buy your bowling goods.... In R/C Cars you do not go to anything even close to being called a "Pro" anything... It's called a "Hobby Shop" There are all types of "Hobby Shops"... Ones in your locale, on the internet, etc... Whatever your preference... It's still a hobby! Just some get paid to do this hobby and some pay to do this hobby.

Now this is where it gets real tricky... We race r/c cars, the key word being "race".... Well race as a word has multiple meanings, but here is the one(s) we use it as (Note: the word "Sports" in the meaning):

From Dictionary.com:

race2 : Pronunciation Key (rs)
n.
Sports.
1) a: A competition of speed, as in running or riding.
races A series of such competitions held at a specified time on a regular course: a fan of the dog races.
b: An extended competition in which participants struggle like runners to be the winner: the presidential race.
2) Steady or rapid onward movement: the race of time.

v. raced, rac·ing, rac·es
v. intr.
1) Sports.
a: To compete in a contest of speed.
b: To move rapidly or at top speed: We raced home. My heart was racing with fear.
c: To run too rapidly due to decreased resistance or unnecessary provision of fuel: adjusted the idle to keep the engine from racing.

v. tr.
Sports.
1) a: To compete against in a race.
b: To cause to compete in a race: She races horses for a living.
2)To transport rapidly or at top speed; rush: raced the injured motorist to the hospital.
3) To cause (an engine with the gears disengaged, for example) to run swiftly or too swiftly.

With that R/C car "Racing" is most definately a sport as it IS listed as a "Sport" that we DO compete for speed, We compete against in a race and we compete to WIN, all of these are listed above.

Need I say more? LOL

Last edited by Orange; 02-20-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:14 PM
Suspended

Original claim from IB: http://home.centurytel.net/GordonFre...IBInfineon.pdf

The actual product released today!
Attached Thumbnails Orion GP 4300 cells!-infineon3.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.