Community
Wiki Posts
Search

no more rocks!! for the bashers mainly

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Senna died because the tire got squeezed between the car and the barrier and it popped up and hit him in the head. Beacnause of his death they now have tehers that stop wheels from braking lose like that. Also that put a plank underneath the car to stop them making it so low to the ground and generating ground affects the plank is flat also to stop gound affects. The underbodies of those cars were curved to generate ground effects

If it had been anyother driver they may have survived as when they bottomed out it took Senna 0.1 to steer into the slide if it had been another driver they would not have reacted as quick and the tyre wouldn't been squeezed and wouldn't have popped up and killed them.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys.... what about that NO MORE ROCK thingy.... hehee
Old 01-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

yeah this thread kind of got off subject lol.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

okay i got a .03 thick piece and it works PERFECT!!! its the perfect thickness! i extended it wider and bent it up. as soon as i get my camera out of my friends truck ill take pics. this one is twice as nice as the first one i did. so far it works twice as good too!!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm glad it worked so well for you. I stumbled upon those a couple of years ago when I used to bash and came up with some ideas on how to make some sort of wheel wells or mud flap type things to keep debris from getting all over the chassis but I never got around to actualy building it. I think your idea is much better than mine was, though. Let us know if you notice a difference in handling, too.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

hmmm wheel wells.... thats a killer idea. i could use that too. ill start fabbing those up when i get home!!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

okay heres the latests!! found some .03 thick lexan it works PERFECT. you can bend it and all sorts of stuff so this is what i did..

first cut a big piece to cover the whole chassie and stick clear out to the body.

next i bent up the edges because when its flat rocks can still get in there, but when they are bent up it makes it a lot harder.

then i also rolled a piece up around the back to protect that opening.

the .03 is perfect, it doesnt crack and as you can see you can bend and roll it and it works great! enjoy guys!