INTEGY 16X8V6

Old 01-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Guys--how is the dyno feature of this charger working out for all of you??? I assume the charger is working out OK since no news is usually good news. Thanks

Brant
Old 01-31-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Anybody using this Charger???????? I need feedback from users or people who know the users!!! Thanks

Brant
Old 01-31-2006, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Pooky there was already a thread for it... somebody just didn't bother looking before starting this one...

Prolly have to look back a number of pages though..lol
Old 02-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow suckage.

pooky,

yes, there is another thread. but to save you some work. the gist of it is that there is a list of things some racers would rather do than use this charger. it is as follows:

- suicide
- castration
- bath in hf acid
- drop a hot iron on one's genitals (related, perhaps, to the second option)
- spend life in a penitentiary
- etc...

the list goes on, but i think you get the idea. integy is joke.

Last edited by seaball; 02-01-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Integy is now making very good chargers. Yes, the 16x5v6 would cook your cells if not watched (we're all supposed to do it anyway ), but now there charger line is comming out with temp probes that make it almost impossible to easy bake cells. The 16x8v6 is a very good charger that does it all, receiver packs- li-po's-motor break-in ect. My only complaint is that It needs memory slots, atleast 5 would be nice. Right now I dont see any other AC/DC charger in this price range that does it all, Sure the ice and others are cheeper and have a few extra bells, But if you dont already have a A/C to D/C converter its a pretty good buy, IMO.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow sure

Originally Posted by hobbipro
Integy is now making very good chargers. Right now I dont see any other AC/DC charger in this price range that does it all.
by the specs alone, one could agree with you. however, their quality is so poor that many of the chargers do not function as intended. mine, has a fading lcd screen, input voltage error messages, temp too high error messages, and generally does what it wants to do when running in motors. it's just garbage, and worse, integy is impossible to contact about it. at best they are hit or miss regarding service.

so the problem is two fold. the qc and/or design of the product is sub-par, and the support for these items is so poor that the customer often pays for the manufacture's defects. these statements are founded by the history of integy related posts on this board almost regarless of which product.

i'm telling you, beware. just knowing that this is going on should be enough for people to spend their money supporting better organizations. but sadly, it is not. even i previously shrugged it off, and tried my luck with this charger. not one of my better decisions.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Seaball--No really.......Tell me what you think!!!! LMAO

Thanks for the responses guys! Well.........everybody except BigDog! Mother Scratcher

Brant
Old 02-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Integy hard to get hold of ? Hard for me to believe since every time I've had a question its been answered within 24hrs. You need to go and sign up at there "help desk" and make out a "ticket" This will generate a Id number you can track, integy as well. If your leaving questions on the forums then thats a whole different story.
I've heard of the error problems some people have with the 16x8v5, plug your charger in and see when it lights up (or not) if it says 6.0, or 6.1. If its older it will be 6.0, you need to contact integy by the "ticket system" and ask for the 6.1 chip. They will send you one for free, How's that for customer service?
As for the LCD, integy doesnt make em, had a few other brand of chargers lose LCD's as well, not just prone to integy, Heck maybe they'll throw one in for free too. 98% of people who have used integy products like them and you dont hear from, its always the 2% that get on these boards and bash electronic companies (Novak, LRP, KO, Competiton electronics) so its hard to judge a charger for whats its really worth, just buy what you can afford, and the features you want.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

I will have to say that I have been using a 16X9 for the past 4 yrs now and have had 0 problems. Also, I cannot confirm or deny the time it takes to get service help but over the past 3 yrs I have emailed Integy with questions and I have always had a reply in 24 hrs. or less.

Brant
Old 02-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ive owned nothing but Integy chargers starting with the 16x2. Never had any problems except for the 6.0 thing on my new one. I contacted Integy by email and got a response within a day.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
Ive owned nothing but Integy chargers starting with the 16x2. Never had any problems except for the 6.0 thing on my new one. I contacted Integy by email and got a response within a day.
Any problems with the motor run feature? Or the discharger since the upgraded chip?

Brant
Old 02-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

this charger rcoks and i have 16x5v6 and 16x9v6 as well. power from them is great always putting me in the tops.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I dont have the upgrade chip yet but the only problem Ive had is in the charge mode and with a 10v error. The discharge and motor dyno have worked fine from the start.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I have just bought one of these units, and have a few questions:

1. With the 3 phase charging, can you adjust the mah settings for each step/phase? (or is it predetermined?)

2. What setups for the 3 phase charging are most people using with ib3800?

3. Can the charger just do a straight linear charge? (without the phase charging)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

1. You cannot set the mah individually.

2. I charge my IB3800 at 6amp linear.

3. You can do linear charge on the 16X8v6, just set each phase to the same amp.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.